Fishynes 0.01a

fishybawb posted on Mar 27 2006 at 09:24 AM said:
GeminiDomino posted on Mar 27 2006 at 11:43 AM said:
Keep at it, oh fishy one!

*wiggles fingers and makes hypno-noises* ~~~You want to get Savestates. You want to get Savestates. Rygar says get savestates~~~

Bah, savestates are for wimps :p

No, savestates are for people who want to play Rygar and Castlevania III on a machine that sucks batteries the way *DISTASTEFUL COMPARISON TO EX-GIRLFRIEND DELETED.* :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, fishybawb, since you're rewriting the GUI, are you taking suggestions for changes?
Like an option to "return to game" in case I decide to run from a battle in a FF game, thinking I'm playing a SNES version, and end up in the menu. Easier than that would probably be changing the Quit command to a trigger+thumbstick combination.
And I may not want to see FPS and Frameskip all the time. A lot of times I confuse it for HP and Lives, or something :p

Or maybe I should just take Alzheimer's medication :huh:

mmmm delicious fishynes. i tried this emu yesterday and i have to say its great. thanks alot fishybawb

primeris posted on Mar 27 2006 at 07:31 PM said:
Like an option to "return to game" in case I decide to run from a battle in a FF game, thinking I'm playing a SNES version, and end up in the menu.
^^^^
What he said.
I second that.

Love your work, btw, fishybawb.

Hey Fishy,

Just wanted to say that if you want any completely unsolicited suggestions for on-the-fly menu options in fishyNES, check out my suggestions here; http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=27194
I think a layout like that would work great for something such as quick save/load states in fishynes.

Can we have an option to set the buttons up, as I don't think the lay out at the moment is the best.

Lupin3rd posted on Apr 3 2006 at 01:55 PM said:
Can we have an option to set the buttons up, as I don't think the lay out at the moment is the best.
Yeah, the default layout sucks, because the first to suggest anything recommended totally a bass-ackwards layout (GP2X A/B = NES A/B ???)
But the great news is that the option to set your own layout was implemented ages ago, and is the subject of numerous posts. It's also in the readme. ;)

primeris posted on Apr 3 2006 at 01:11 PM said:
Lupin3rd posted on Apr 3 2006 at 01:55 PM said:
Yeah, the default layout sucks, because the first to suggest anything recommended totally a bass-ackwards layout (GP2X A/B = NES A/B ???)
But the great news is that the option to set your own layout was implemented ages ago, and is the subject of numerous posts. It's also in the readme. ;)
x can be used as a too by default y goes for b by default too, I believe you can edit the config file and change the keys

primeris posted on Mar 22 2006 at 02:43 AM said:
That's true for many games like CastlevaniaIII and Guardoian Legend, and perhaps others I mention. But Zelda? It's a minor glitch, and I think addressing it would clear up issues with many other games.

also there is some similar weirdness with the top and bottom 8 lines of the nes display...i think game programmers just assumed that american tvs would cut this out. i could be wrong about that one though.

I've noticed that too in some games... Ducktales 2 and Strider come to mind...

If I recall correctly this is caused by the viewable area of the game engine scrolling within the display world, and as the area ahead moves into view, garbage is displayed ahead of the player. Graphical strangeness at the bottom would be caused, in SMB3's case at least, probably by a memory mapper issue but it is usually present in some degree on the real hardware.

Great emulator! Here's a bug report and a feature request:

Bug: Tv-Out mode doesn't work correctly. Only the left half of the screen is shown (which makes playing a game very much impossible).

Feature request: Could you add support for specifying a ROM to load on the command-line? It would probably be trivial to add but make fishyNES a great application to interact with and start from other applications.

Thanks in advance!

Don't want to nag but is there any more progress on the brilliant FishyNES. It was looking like it could be the dogs bollocks but seems to have just fizzled out :(

richufc posted on Apr 23 2006 at 05:57 AM said:
Don't want to nag but is there any more progress on the brilliant FishyNES. It was looking like it could be the dogs bollocks but seems to have just fizzled out :(

Seems to be the shared fate of all of the NES emus so far. :(

naples39 posted on Apr 25 2006 at 10:07 AM said:
It's only been a month since the last release, all hope is not lost.

and even so this emulator has come much further than any other nes emulator yet on the gp2x. the biggest thing im waiting on is save states but i think fishybawb has just been busy and not dropped out of the gp2x scene completely or anything.

the best thing to do is just pm him or wait patiently.

I just hope the guy is alright, wasn't he hospitalized a while back for heart problems (extremely high heart rate?)

ingrin posted on Apr 25 2006 at 06:11 PM said:
I just hope the guy is alright, wasn't he hospitalized a while back for heart problems (extremely high heart rate?)

He was active at the boards recently, so he's alive :)

Last edited:
Back