Gp2psx Problem Loading Game

glenn

Still Fresh
Hello,

Just got my gp2x a few days ago, I have a 1 gig sd card with snes and nes emus on it. Those work perfectly. I got gp2psx version .36 and I'm having difficulties running psx roms. I ripped my FF7 iso's and tried putitng disc one in the directory.

The gp2psx directory looks like this:
mcd001.mcr
mcd002.mcr
scph1001.bin
ff7disc1.iso

I selected disc 1, pressed b, and I get a black loading screen. I tried waiting several minutes, but nothing happend. The system locked up.

I also tried pressing l1 or r1 + b, and in the top right corner of the screen it said "loading save state 1 (or 2 depending on which button combination)" and then it exits the emulator and jumps to the home screen.

I figured I may have ripped the disc wrong or something, so I tried Grand Turismo 2 (same experience) and some crappy snomobile game (also a failure). These were in .bin and .cue format.

I'm running firmware version 2.0, and of course I have a gp2x-f100.

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the advice. I tried ripping into .bin/.cue and experienced the same issue. Any other ideas?

Try using a later version.

Use a later version of?

Ahem, the EMULATOR, maybe, just maybe.

Don't expect those to work anyway, and try all rips on a PSX emu for the PC first.

Some versions of the Emu need "PocketISO" to .Z or .ZNX compress the ISO. (*.bin and *.iso are the same.)

You may need to press Start on some games to bypass a loading screen.

Do you have a 100x or FASTER SD card? Have you waited at least 5 Minutes for it to load?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks again, I tried waiting 5+ minutes (my card is 60x) but nothing happened. I cant figure out a way to bypass the loading screen other than holding r or l + b which doesnt work either (start didn't seem to work)

also, I didn't know that there was a later version of gp2psx? Do you mean a previous version?

thanks again, I tried waiting 5+ minutes (my card is 60x) but nothing happened. I cant figure out a way to bypass the loading screen other than holding r or l + b which doesnt work either (start didn't seem to work)

also, I didn't know that there was a later version of gp2psx? Do you mean a previous version?

No he means the private releses of gp2psx (now called psx4all or somin I think) only a few people got it but I think there is a download link somwhere in here. Good luck finding it ;)

0.36 is not a high version you realize, it is barely out of Beta stage, if even that.

Did you check that Bios and ISO on your PC with ePSXe for example?

search the site with google, you type "site:www.gp32x.de/board" and then what you want to see.

Here is a link to Google with the Board already in it, put in your search string before or after the remark and go for it!!

I would concentrate on finding a post where someone got it running, and then see which version of the EMU the DISC (PAL or NTSC) which type of ISO (compressed, uncompressed, movies removed) and also the result, likely pretty slow, if playable it would still be in slow-mo, or super-slow-mo.

Or you could concentrate on other stuff for a while until the next release is out.

Edit, forgot something, are you using HLE or are you using the bios, different buttons start the emu in different modes as I recall, I could be wrong, haven't used it since December, and a bit in January.

Sounds like you all aren't even using this emulator at this point. I may wait for a further release. I looked in that thread and found no link. I think that you have to PM for a link to the download.

Nubie, thanks for the advice on google's search feature. I had been using the forum search engine, but turns out the google is much more powerful.

I've tried using HLE and bios, but neither worked. I've also tried different forms of compression. The main thing I'm confused about is that people here say that FF7 is working fine on .36. That makes me think it's something silly I'm doing wrong.

PS if anyone knows the link to beta psx4gp2x, pm me or post

Sounds like you all aren't even using this emulator at this point. I may wait for a further release. I looked in that thread and found no link. I think that you have to PM for a link to the download.
NP, google is cool.

I am not using it because I have no GP2X, I want to buy another one soon though :).

Back