Virtual Jaguar For Caanoo

BAFelton

Website
www.open-consoles.com

Hi,

Riviera71 from the French Caanoo Community ported Virtual Jaguar. It's an early port and things need to be improved.

Launch a game :

- first you need to recalibrate the stylus, because the Caanoo screen is smaller than the Emu menu. 2 or 3 pixels down can do the trick.

- launch the emulator

- touch the screen when it's black

- go to Jaguar ---> Load

- you're in the rom directory, your roms should appear here

- select your game, it must be highlighted in orange

- click on Load, the game must ALWAYS be highlighted or it won't launch. Load must be highlighted in WHITE, the game in ORANGE.

- if it's ok, it will go back to the first menu screen

- go to Jaguar ---> Reset

and be patient, it's really slow.

Controls :

Direction: D-PAD
Jaguar C : Caanoo A
Jaguar B : Caanoo X
Jaguar A : Caanoo B

Home : emu menu

It needs to be improved, any help would be really appreciated. Sound is off for better performance.

DL here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FP63KIR5

French topic here : http://caanoo.forumactif.net/t904-virtual-jaguar

I`m sure the menus can be moved down so you dont have to calibrate the stylus @Luo make sure the game is orange in the menu
And when loading make sure the load button is white...

I haven't found any games that both launch properly and run at a playable speed, but I've run a racing game whose title I fail to recall (not checkered flag; that wouldn't even launch) and rayman at very slow speeds, the racing game even slower. Frameskip would help a lot, in my opinion. The animation is surprisingly smooth in both of these games. According to the counter on the racing game and my judgement, it runs at about 1/15 to 1/20th of the normal speed. I haven't noticed any glitches in these games, or any problems apart from the speed issues.

I'm having problems with jag emu,tempest 2000 and avp get to title screen,when i start the game for both it goes back to caanoo main menu.

Back