First Game/app On Your Pandora

Gruntfuggly said:
Na-Noo said:
The Pandora App site (whatever it's gonna be called) may be operational in some form by then I suspect.

There is a C64 emulator on there at the moment - I think I'll stick that on my SD card.

Let's hope the PSX emulator gets uploaded at some point then...
Wouldn't worry too much until they say it's operational. It's still in beta and not a big deal until Pandora starts to ship.
Is probably worth getting your games in order though(roms etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Threads of Fate (PSX) will the be first thing I do, even if I have to wait a week or something after I get my Pandora.

I think you will only see a lot of the emulators mature once the Pandora has shipped, many of them, right now, need command line arguments to run for example. Some are not full screen. Etc. Etc.

But those of you who had GP32s and GP2Xs know the routine :)

Fzero said:
I remember having my import SNES from japon [anyone from London probably knows about the old Shekana shop in Wood Green, the place for import console games back in the 90s]

The one with the purple squared buttons, i was rocking that for about half year before they came out over here

Yours must have been American then, because both Japanese Super Famicoms and European SNESs had pretty coloured buttons. IIRC, B was yellow, Y was green... the other two were red and blue but I can't remember which way round.

Anyway, the first thing I'm going to be trying is SNES emulation. Probably Secret of Mana or Terranigma.

Sir Primalform Magnifico said:
Fzero said:
I remember having my import SNES from japon [anyone from London probably knows about the old Shekana shop in Wood Green, the place for import console games back in the 90s]

The one with the purple squared buttons, i was rocking that for about half year before they came out over here

Yours must have been American then, because both Japanese Super Famicoms and European SNESs had pretty coloured buttons. IIRC, B was yellow, Y was green... the other two were red and blue but I can't remember which way round.

Anyway, the first thing I'm going to be trying is SNES emulation. Probably Secret of Mana or Terranigma.

A - red
B - yellow
X - blue
Y - green

On topic: I'll probably go on some sort of a frenzy where I do things for 20 seconds before moving on to try something else. This will probably last for a few hours, until I settle on something. Most likely candidate is Castlevania SOTN.

craigix said:
Amiga and SNES here.

The SNES is full speed with everything 'on'. We posted a video a long time ago showing it.

I played though Mario64 at Christmas (on the Pandora), but I've never LOVED that game, I enjoy playing Mario4 on the SNES more.

Thanks for that info, I find it hard to tell from Youtube if a game is running 60fps, and I am really sensitive to frame skip on mario, it messes with my jumps!

Now that I know SNES games run 100% (SuperFX, Mode7 etc etc) I am a very happy camper! Can't wait to give Starfox and Mario a try! Woohoo! :lol:

craigix said:
I think you will only see a lot of the emulators mature once the Pandora has shipped, many of them, right now, need command line arguments to run for example. Some are not full screen. Etc. Etc.

But those of you who had GP32s and GP2Xs know the routine :)

Fortunately we now have a keyboard ;)

First non-gaming app? Bootloader

First gaming app? Depends on what's available. Likely a Genesis, SNES, or GB/GBC emulator.

wifi setup/appstore/Amiga emu {Dune, Eye of the Beholder, Chaos Engine, Gobliins}
THEN I'll try as much as I can other things, but Amiga emulator is my top priority.

Back