First Game/app On Your Pandora

Nupfi said:
SNES Emulator & Super Mario World

My first console + game I owned. :) Good times.

This is also high on my list, I still own the SFC cart, the GBA cart and purchased again on Wii, but I dearly want the Super Famicom version to work on the road. My Wiz does a pretty good job, but I can't get used to the controls, the buttons cramp my fingers.

Is it expected that the Pandora will be powerful enough for Super mario for 100% emulation? (Rock solid FPS, Transparencies, Mode 7 etc) Or will it continue to be a case of "Nearly with speed hacks"?

Perfect SNES/SFC emulation is my main motivation for my Pandora purchase and the Wiz "nearly" delivered, but my hands are too big for it! My A320 (Dingux) doesn't run full speed and the Shoulder pads are too small for me too.

So.... Will Pandora solve the riddle? The size looks perfect for my hands, so I am very optimistic! Has there been any discussion on if it's realistic for 100% SNES/SFC emulation then?

Last edited by a moderator:
Birdeater said:
the first app i want to install is duke nukem 3D =D

When I get my Pandora, I'm going to install Duke Nukem Forever :p
If that hasn't been released, then I suppose the first thing I'll run will probably be dosbox, then a web browser looking for dos games.

I have to say, I'm quite impressed by all these people saying the first thing they'll play is N64. From what I've seen, it still needs a bit of work before it's ready for mass consumption, and that could mean it'll be a few weeks after the Pandora actually arrives before it'll be available. I don't think I could wait all that time without playing something. For those with that level of dedication, I salute you. :p

I had to cancel my pre-order which I made in feb 09' after wanting one for a while , sept 09' came and landlord wanted rent,, cheeky git, so i cancelled. I now have a new job and there are pandoras left and I will be getting paid in a few hours so will be back on pre-order list (although much further down that before)
I cant wait to play SF2 turbo (probably snes version) anything that will show off the nubs,,

First games:
-Amiga Emulator
-SNES Emulator (Super Metroid)

First non-game:
I'll try and see how Giac/Xcas runs, a computer algebra system with lots of mathematical functions and libraries. Source is available, and there already is a ARM version available "for some PDA with Linux", so it might even run out of the box, hopefully...

The Author is the original author of the CAS of the HP49G calculators, so you know it's both powerful and efficient. It's like a portable Maple or Mathematica, and would make the Pandora one of the most powerful pocket calculators available. It also helps that it has compatible syntax to TI-89, maple and mupad.

http://www-fourier.ujf-grenoble.fr/~parisse/giac.html

n3rm76.jpg

2yx2mwh.png

dxg5fo.png

292vfrp.png

30szm0g.png

23tr3eo.png

Attachments

• n3rm76.jpg
    n3rm76.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 123
  • 2yx2mwh.png
    2yx2mwh.png
    10.9 KB · Views: 113
  • dxg5fo.png
    dxg5fo.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 104
  • 292vfrp.png
    292vfrp.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 116
  • 30szm0g.png
    30szm0g.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 113
  • 23tr3eo.png
    23tr3eo.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 118
Amiga and SNES here.

The SNES is full speed with everything 'on'. We posted a video a long time ago showing it.

I played though Mario64 at Christmas (on the Pandora), but I've never LOVED that game, I enjoy playing Mario4 on the SNES more.

In the last couple of days I felt a strong urge to play Populous, I have no Clue why. Oh now talking about Clue...

The Clou! Loved that one and played it over and over again...if it wasn't for a kind of buggy control later in the game :(

Its one of my all time favourites.

Austrian Games FTW! Shame what Rockstar did to NEO :(

Gruntfuggly said:
Web Browser and Colin McRae on the PSX (hopefully).

Which leads me onto the question - where do you download the PSX emulator from?
The file archive (I think).

I'll be exploring and opening up pretty much every app included to start off with I think :)
Then I'll go with Street Fighter as well... no maybe Super Mario World... or Brothers... :unsure: Will probably end up being about fifty games for two minutes each! :lol:

Jourdy288 said:
Gruntfuggly said:

The Pandora App site (whatever it's gonna be called) may be operational in some form by then I suspect.

Well in no particular order the first things I'll do:

• Try the included multimedia player for video playback.
  • Pimp the pandora until I find it's just right.
  • Some few hours of ScummVM awesomeness, (I would try all the games that didn't run well in the gp2x)
  • Try to get the KGS server running.
  • Install and try every Go-related (igo, weichi, baduk) app I find.

After that I will try every emulator available until I've played every single classic game and I feel I can die in peace.

PS I forgot to mention that I will show my pandora to all my fellas and enjoy their enviousness.

Na-Noo said:
Jourdy288 said:
Gruntfuggly said:

The Pandora App site (whatever it's gonna be called) may be operational in some form by then I suspect.

There is a C64 emulator on there at the moment - I think I'll stick that on my SD card.

Let's hope the PSX emulator gets uploaded at some point then...

I forgot all about scumm - ohh on Pandora it will be soo good ,one reason i bought into a crappy viliv was the touch screen and then realised it didn't work with well just about anything ,pc games were ok well some were but emus were a no go ,i hope the panda can do amiga and scumm touch screen.

ScummVM Runs lovely on an iPhone 3g so i cant think Why IT should Not Be Running awsomely on à pandora (especially with à pen)

Back