What Are The First Few Things You're Gonna Do With/download On You

zazen666

Still Fresh
I'm actually getting a pandora to use as a portable language tool first and gaming machine second ( I know-weird). So the first thing I'm gonna try to set up is ANKI which is a flashcard program and Japanese language support.

After that, I think I would like to see what the PSX emulator is all about....

and you???

If there's a release of the Dreamcast emulator then I'll be trying out Daytona.

Otherwise I'll probably do what I do with every handheld when I first get it; play the first few Levels of Sonic, Sonic 2 and have a few raced on Road Rash! :p

After that I'll set up my 'Amiga'

Ill be installing Pico Drive and Playing Sonic 1 with TV out enabled

After that i might mess around with PSX emulator then play a bit of dizzy.

Ill also PM a few pandora locals and see if they wanna meet up

Pleng said:

Otherwise I'll probably do what I do with every handheld when I first get it; play the first few Levels of Sonic, Sonic 2 and have a few raced on Road Rash! :p

What versions of road rash are your gonna get? 3DO was my favorite ever!

Is that dreamcast emulator gonna make it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleng said:

Great minds think alike!

Ill be installing Pico Drive and Playing Sonic 1 with TV out enabled

After that i might mess around with PSX emulator then play a bit of dizzy.

Ill also PM a few pandora locals and see if they wanna meet up

Edit: Oops, double post. haha!

Setting up the Amiga emulator and testing out the nubs and keyboard by playing one of the games that works best with a joystick like Sensible Soccer or Speedball2.
Failing that I might load up a fast game on the Playstation emulator like Wipeout :)

I'm gonna go straight for the MAME Jugular, coz I really love MAME, then I'll get as many of the homebrew projects on it as are available and released .. I'll be installing *every* new homebrew release as they are announced, that is for sure.

And I'll be porting all my stuff to it - synth, effects, sequencer .. ;)

Plus porting whatever else might be interesting: Oriculator, EDSAC, sfxr, WakeBreaker, JellyInvaders, etc.

Probably I'll try hard to avoid getting Wipeout installed on it, because if I do that I'll get nothing else done for months and months .. addicted!

i think ill get some ff7 on the go, maybe try out some mario 64 is the n64 emulator is ready, then fire a few movies on it and watch them on the tv through the cable

I'll definitely test Picodrive with a round of Road Rash. And the first thing I test in Mupen64plus (when we get it) will be Road Rash 64. ^_^

I'll do a token blog post from Pandora too.

torpor said:
And I'll be porting all my stuff to it - synth, effects, sequencer .. ;)

Looking forward to your ports torpor. Music production on the pandora is one of the other main reasons for my pre order. I'll be happy to donate to!

edit: typo

zazen666 said:
What versions of road rash are your gonna get? 3DO was my favorite ever!

I never played the 3DO version but I gather the Saturn version (which I did play) is pretty much a straight clone and I wasn't too thrilled with it. It was OK but not as good as the Megadrive version.

I loved Road Rash on the Megadrive, and GP2X introduced me to Road Rash II on the Megadrive. Wow, had I been missing out! It is, as far as I'm concerned, *the* most worthy sequal of all time. Plays like the original but the other racers are FAR more brutal. You get into some AMAZING fights :D

Is that dreamcast emulator gonna make it?

Well to be honest it'll never be much more than a POC for gaming on the move for me, as the only game I plan to play is Daytona - which requires the use of analogue shoulders and therefore an external controller. But still, I just want to run it to see Daytona playing in my Palm and go 'ohhhhh' :D

Mame with Kung-Fu master

And hopefully for the first time a joystick that can hit those pseky diagonal jumping kicks

Then maybe a bit on Ranger X on MD with TV out

Then some tasty Homebrew (if available - Lerp) for dessert

:D

The first thing I'll do will be to download whichever SNES emulator is available, and play through a few levels of some old favourites (all of the SNES Mega Man titles, Star Fox, and the like), and probably test the TV-out in the process. Then I'll probably try out some NES emulation, too, and load up PandoraPanic! and anything else that's ready to roll.

After that, I'll most likely set up Firefox to my liking, and do some browsing, and contribute to the likely already-existent "I'm posting from my Pandora!" thread. :p

oh, and of course, paly some gamebooks...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50528-gamebooks-on-the-pandora/

I've wanted to play Wild Arms on a handheld for a long time but never wanted a PSP, so I'll rip my PS copy however I'm supposed to and play that first.

When I get to a good stopping point with that I'll probably get Gentoo working on my Pandora, probably just part time and playing on games Ångström until everything works in Gentoo.

Great thread! I'll be returning when I have it in hand for ideas...

In no particular order:

-Unboxing/review/videos/pics post
-Try as many different OSs as I can get running
-Firefox with all my extensions
-Remote Desktop as per my post
-Try TV-out, USB devices, test speakers
-Test several videos at different bitrates in VLC

...then game until my eyes bleed

zazen666 said:
oh, and of course, paly some gamebooks...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/50528-gamebooks-on-the-pandora/

Wait..so PSP games are possible?!?!?!

Back