First Game/app On Your Pandora

tyicepaws

Still Fresh
What is the first non-gaming app/program you want to run on the Pandora
and the first game your gonna load on the pandora

I will be firing up the Amiga emulator for 24 hours of solid nostalgia, starting with Deja vu and ending with Deja vu

Whatever the built-in text editor is, and Rockman & Forte (SNES), since I haven't played that in years. :p

minimenu or a web browser for the app

and first game will be megadrive [picodrive] STRIDER i hope!
Give that a quick completion, warm up those nubs, then onto playing the rest :)

SNES Emulator & Super Mario World

My first console + game I owned. :) Good times.

Terminal/GIT and hopefully picodrive for some Mega Drive

did you complete Mario World though? :)

I remember having my import SNES from japon [anyone from London probably knows about the old Shekana shop in Wood Green, the place for import console games back in the 90s]

The one with the purple squared buttons, i was rocking that for about half year before they came out over here, of course i was envy of my skool mates, and i remember being in awe at the SNES graphics when you finished the game, the way the end boss done a spinning zoom in and out effect - sooo basic today, but back then it was never seen on a console lol

I think im going to try my hand at GIMP too when i got the pandora, that might be one of the first apps i try, as will probably use that to do some custom wallpapers.
Though Mali did post that nudie pic of the neon pandora, i think i can live with that as wallpaper for long enough, dope pic

SSH into my BeagleBoard over the internet, possibly VNC if it's not too much trouble to make work.
First game will definitely be solitaire, if for no other reason then as a quick "look what I can do!" test with the stylus.

oh yeah and of course the media player that is installed already, i will be checking that first just to see how nice it looks/sounds

tyicepaws - is that a Pandoraglove you have on there? Very nice.

I'll probably try the web browser first, then a media player perhaps. As for a game, probably whatever SNES emulator will be there (snes9x?) with either chrono trigger or earthbound.

naturally, but that wouldnt be in a game or an app format, would it? :)

or is that old leasure suit larry being made for pandora?

Maybe the PSX emulator and FFVIII, my multimedia player, perhaps some sort of IDE.

The first thing I'm going to do on my Pandora is log on to this forum and suggest the Pandora is still vaporware, and maybe say something about 2 months.

Steve

Back