Pandora Key As Universal Menu Key Part 2

What action should the Pandora Key take when held down? (held, not pressed)

• Bring up a Shell Menu with Options such as close, Kill, Switch Application, etc.

Votes: 34 79.1%
  • Close or Kill the Program

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other (Please suggest your other choice in the topic)

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Trevsweb said:
as suggested two threads ago
i would like the pandora button to...

on press: bring up application menu
on hold: bring up kill menu

if a specific thing could be made where on a press an unified menu could be displayed saying "application menu" and "close program" etc

You could easily get to a kill menu from the system menu we're suggesting.

And Exophase, does my change seem easier to understand?

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
And Exophase, does my change seem easier to understand?

-God Ginrai

Yeah, although I didn't have a problem with it originally so I don't know if other people will find it clear.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that the Pandora button should be an application-independent button: that it's use should be completely controlled by the OS.

Really, every OS has a master-overide key sequence (CTRL-ALT-DEL, CTRL-ALT-BKSPCE) and I think that the Pandora's should be intuitive. It's the logo- the heart of the Pandora. It shouldn't just be another button for developers to use.

I propose:
Press: universal menu, application can detect this and (if the dev wants to) pause itself.
Press-and-Hold: Set by user, but the default could be a full-screen array of each open application (picture a 3X3 grid), with options such as lcd-brightness, clockspeed and wifi/BT down the bottom, allowing you to quickly switch the focus between each app and/or terminate them.

There- that's the setup I would like to use.

(Disclaimer: these are just suggestions and may not apply to all GUIs, any opinion stated within this rant may or may not have been written by a pack of crazed monkeys.)

For me, holding the pandora button to kill is a good idea. You would use it only in the situation where a normal close is not working. However, I do like the idea of holding the pandora button to close and Fn+Pandora to kill.

Back