Code:
target.permissions |= PERMS_FILE;

Replace with :

Code:
try {

target.permissions |= PERMS_FILE;

}

catch(e) {

ERROR("(jc)can't set target permissions for "+entryName+". Probably due to FAT partition... continue install");

}

Last edited by a moderator:
New -4 build to try...

For me it works perfectly now. Seems to be a little faster than FF6 (As far as I can remember).

I did NOT remove the old folder in appdata. Don't know whether it'll work if you remofe it.

My SD-Card is Fat32.

Works here too. I started it after removing the appdata-folder, on HF6 (installed from pnd) and with an sd-card formatted with ext-fs.

I will remove my firefox-test-pnds, hoping they are not needed anymore.

Thank you for the update.

Working here too too !

No need to remove appdata.

Thx.

Still no joy getting into gmail from FF. Is that going to start working at some point on V8?

I downloaded the most recent set from the PNDstore and gmail is a nogo.

Thank you.

Still no joy getting into gmail from FF. Is that going to start working at some point on V8?

Thank you.
Have a look at Galaxis' post: http://boards.openpa...60/page__st__80

Which explains the changes needed to get gmail to work with FF.

When I did the first version of FireFox, Fennec and Chromium, I included updated SSL Libraries to make that work.

Should I send you the libraries I used?

Last edited:

Thank you.

When I did the first version of FireFox, Fennec and Chromium, I included updated SSL Libraries to make that work.

Please! Seeing as FF8 has been officially launched, when the source appears I'll do a build. Which hopefully will work...

Although with my new job at Imagination, it might be a few days... :D

Thank you.

I would be interested as well..

It looks like it's not the openssl library. I've build 8.0 against the latest openssl, and have the same problem as before.

EDIT:

Also, the gmail problem didn't occur in earlier versions that I built of FF. And I've seen it come and go in one version...

It looks like it's not the openssl library. I've build 8.0 against the latest openssl, and have the same problem as before.

EDIT:

Also, the gmail problem didn't occur in earlier versions that I built of FF. And I've seen it come and go in one version...

I know, it was one of the other couple of libraries I've included.

I'll try to package them up tonight.

I never tried Chrome on the Pandora but I will, if a new and up-to-date version is out. :) Firefox (8.3b) runs stable on my Pandora and some things like Google Maps or html5 stuff are even faster in Firefox than in Midori (my main browser). I should make some browser speed tests. ^^

so whats causing the SSL sode of the browser to not work? do the required ssl librays not compile for pandora? or are they not compatible with out kernel?

Back