Beta Firefox 3.6.7

You use the same or similar runscript to ED's packaged earlier FF? (ie: you've put some care into handling so it writes to appdata, instead of NAND homedir?)

jeff

skeezix said:
You use the same or similar runscript to ED's packaged earlier FF? (ie: you've put some care into handling so it writes to appdata, instead of NAND homedir?)

jeff

hdonk's is better, because it writes to appdata. However, to make it work with FAT, you have to mess with some js in the FireFox chrome to get it to not care about permissions.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
I've made some changes to the js to try and help with the permissions but don't have access to a FAT SD card to test with. If what I've done doesn't allow installation of Extensions on FAT, let me know and I'll have another go. Like I said I don't know enough about JS to know if my changes will help.
And yes it does write to the appdata dir!

hdonk said:
don't have access to a FAT SD card to test with.

If you plan on releasing more pnd (as you seems) you should realy have a vfat sdcard for testing as most of our target audiance will use this setup. any cheap 1G will do.

PS : i use a vfat sdcard for that very reason and nothing else ( no windows @home...)

sebt3 said:
hdonk said:
don't have access to a FAT SD card to test with.

If you plan on releasing more pnd (as you seems) you should realy have a vfat sdcard for testing as most of our target audiance will use this setup. any cheap 1G will do.

PS : i use a vfat sdcard for that very reason and nothing else ( no windows @home...)
Grumble. You're probably right. *sigh* I'll see what I've got in the bottom of my sock draw.

Seems to work ok with FAT, as long as you ignore any errors that are reported!
Can anyone confirm?

hdonk said:
Can anyone confirm?

I will confirm soon enough. Give me an hour or two, tho'. I don't have enough time atm.

-God Ginrai

God Ginrai said:
hdonk said:
Can anyone confirm?

I will confirm soon enough. Give me an hour or two, tho'. I don't have enough time atm.

-God Ginrai
No worries. I'll hold off updating the appstore for now.

It works with FAT32! Can create the profile on SD. No errors on clean install. My favorite add-ons work. Download helper prompts for save location.
The only thing that doesn't show is the firefox desktop icon. Not a big deal to me. Ship it!

dgame said:
It works with FAT32! Can create the profile on SD. No errors on clean install. My favorite add-ons work. Download helper prompts for save location.
The only thing that doesn't show is the firefox desktop icon. Not a big deal to me. Ship it!

Did you try installing the extensions on that FF, or did you already have them installed on a previous FF? Because with the old version, it would copy pre-installed extensions fine, but wouldn't install new ones.

-God Ginrai

I deleted my old appdata/firefox folder. Ran the new pnd and created the profile on my SD card. I then downloaded my four favorite add-ons from the web. Everything works (except the pretty icon.) I´m posting this from 3.6.7.

Cheers

It works! And beautifully, if I might add. ^_^ Posting this from my Pandora with Vimperator installed.

-God Ginrai

Thanks God Ginrai & dgame. I've already fixed the icon issue by rebuilding the PND file correctly! I'll just do a basic retest before uploading to the appstore.

Back