Release Firefox 6.0

I tried command sudo opkg install,it fails and my ipk file is in pandora/menu/apps,is this correct.

I seem to ne having a slight problem with this version of FireFox.

I have installed this using pndstore. When running the pnd I get a message saying that there is already a FireFox process running that is not responding, I will need to either shut down this process or restart the system.

I am not too sure what is going on with this. I have removed every pnd of FireFox from my SD and deleted the appdata folder. I have also removed the FireFox 6 pnd and reinstalled it twice with no change.

Does anyone have any bright ideas?

I am running alpha 6 beta 4 os.
i ge this too i tried deleting previous appdata from the previous firefox but it doesent work.Wheres this hidden file and what ca be done to remove it?
I get th

check the NAND under /usr/lib for a Firefox or Mozilla folder, delete it (backup would be a good idea) and see if you can remove/install FF correctly.

Yes i got sudo opkg install to work,it says installing it to the root,but where does it do,isn't suppose to go into mozilla/plugins folder,nothing has gone in there.

Can't see any improvements redline still remains.

Last edited by a moderator:
the plugin you installed is probably the same one that is in the firefox PND since TI hasn't released the flash plugin to any party's to be distributed so where do you think you got a newer one from?

Is there any news on whether Firefox 7 is in the process of being ported to our humble Pandoras?? :)

Is there any news on whether Firefox 7 is in the process of being ported to our humble Pandoras?? :)
Bl**dy H*ll... there's no patience around here at all. I checked the ftp repo at mozilla this morning, and it wasn't there. I only got it downloaded at lunchtime.

It's building, but who knows if it'll a) finish, B) actually run ok.

Bl**dy H*ll... there's no patience around here at all. I checked the ftp repo at mozilla this morning, and it wasn't there. I only got it downloaded at lunchtime.

hey, no pressure intended! I just have a recollection that the last version seemed to appear almost magically when the desltop version was relased! (then again it has been a long week at work, so I'm a tad hazy at present!! ;) )

hey, no pressure intended! I just have a recollection that the last version seemed to appear almost magically when the desltop version was relased! (then again it has been a long week at work, so I'm a tad hazy at present!! ;) )

That would be because I happened to look in the mozilla ftp repo and it was there before the general announcements went out!

That would explain it then certainly! Fingers crossed for the next version to compile easily, it's my most used browser on the pandora by far!

Take your time. Mozilla pulled back Firefox 7 because of a more or less serious plugins bug. ^^ Expect a bugfix release sooner or later.

However, FF7 seems to work fine on my PC.

Ditto. And I've noticed a significant speed boost. Google Chrome is still faster, though.

Well, I have never tried google Crome, not on my PC and not on the Pandora (which really could need a newer Chrome version by the way )

I'm an happy Opera User but sadly it is very unlikely that I will ever see Opera on the Pandora. ^^"

However, Firefox 7 should be also work pretty well on the Pandora, I'm sure our Handheld could benefit from the FF7 otimizing too. :)

Of course. Our Chromium is fairly recent, though. Remember that Chromium is an open source, though stripped-down version of Google Chrome. For instance, even the PC versions don't have Flash by default.

Of course. Our Chromium is fairly recent, though. Remember that Chromium is an open source, though stripped-down version of Google Chrome. For instance, even the PC versions don't have Flash by default.

Im pretty sure you can get builds of chromium with flash built in, i would think the only difference with chrome and chromium is chrome is probably much more stable.

Take your time. Mozilla pulled back Firefox 7 because of a more or less serious plugins bug. ^^ Expect a bugfix release sooner or later.

However, FF7 seems to work fine on my PC.
Yes, this bugfix release called 7.0.1 is now announced by the firefox devs. So the sources should be available somewhere, too. Sadly the folder on their ftp server that should provide the sources is still empty. You can check this easily yourself:

ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/7.0.1/source/

Back