Release Firefox 6.0

hdonk

Enjoy.

As ever, please report any problems, and if they're my fault I'll fix them.

Thanks for the update , but it won't open for me .. Bud
Grumble grumble grumble.

Just fired it up here again, and all was good.

Can I have the contents of your /tmp/pnd_run_hdonk_firefox_001.out please.

Edit:

Whoops, I ran the old pnd creation script. It didn't copy all the libraries across.

I'll put a new version in the repo ASAP.

Edit 2:

New version in repo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the update , but it won't open for me .. Bud
Grumble grumble grumble.

Just fired it up here again, and all was good.

Can I have the contents of your /tmp/pnd_run_hdonk_firefox_001.out please.

Edit:

Whoops, I ran the old pnd creation script. It didn't copy all the libraries across.

I'll put a new version in the repo ASAP.

Edit 2:

New version in repo.
Did you tested it straight on the Pandora? ^^

I have to ask because I have really slow Internet and in case of your Firefox I often download files that don't work at the beginning. :unsure:

EDIT: after the update, Firefox 6.01 seems to work. :) This time it even remembered the Firefox App directory, last time (Update FF4 to FF5) I had to set this manualy and it made a huge mess within this dir. But part of this was my own fault, I only gave him the root dir and guided Firefox not to the user directory. :D

@honk if your last 5.0.1 update was borked the archived version may need deleting, I can do it for you or you can visit firefox's archive page (whislt logged in) and you have the option to delete it there :)

p.s. Thanks for the update does the new version so come with the flash plugin installed?

Flash is in, was always in Firefox for Pandora. ;)

The last archived Version of Firefox (6.0.0.1) does work. I'm not sure if Firefox 6 is now faster or better on the Pandora as Firefox 5 but at least it just works. :D

Flash wasn't always included on pandora I think ver 4 or 5 was the first to have it as part of the pnd.

But I can confirm it browse's the repo nicely and the flash is also in the pnd.

Thanks a lot!

hdonk, you are a masterporter! What about compiling thunderbird, while you're at it?

or even filezilla? also you can easily open your old pxml and edit it around to match the new release, even im able to pull this off so im sure you shouldnt have trouble

or even filezilla? also you can easily open your old pxml and edit it around to match the new release, even im able to pull this off so im sure you shouldnt have trouble
It's one of those things about having limited time to do anything, I only tend to do the things that interest me. However I have fixed the PXML version.

As for Thunderbird/Firezilla, maybe if I have the time, and no-one else gets around to it first! :cool:

It's one of those things about having limited time to do anything, I only tend to do the things that interest me. However I have fixed the PXML version.

As for Thunderbird/Firezilla, maybe if I have the time, and no-one else gets around to it first! :cool:
The problem is there is an redline on the top left on you tube videos and when using full screen it shows white screen,please sort this out.

That same problem was in version 5,so no improvements there.

Firefox is the best browser on pandora because flashplugin works and can watch videos on online.

The problem is there is an redline on the top left on you tube videos and when using full screen it shows white screen,please sort this out.

That same problem was in version 5,so no improvements there.

Firefox is the best browser on pandora because flashplugin works and can watch videos on online.
This is not something the hdonk can fix unless there is a newer version of the flash plugin available for our pandora's chipset

the red border at the top is a sign that the flash plugin is a beta plugin (not final), we lucky hdonk included the flash plugin in the first place as it "shouldnt" really be distributed this way :p

But it's slower. Using a swap file helps a great deal, though.
Doesn't Firefox already cache it's stuff on the SD?

Because at the moment I have no old SD to waste for SWAP usage. Of course I would like to speed up stuff with this. I guess I have to plug in my external HD and use this for the SWAP file. :lol:

But it's slower. Using a swap file helps a great deal, though.
Doesn't Firefox already cache it's stuff on the SD?

Because at the moment I have no old SD to waste for SWAP usage. Of course I would like to speed up stuff with this. I guess I have to plug in my external HD and use this for the SWAP file. :lol:

Yeah, but it's not the same thing.

If it's the flash plugin then we need better one than the beta one,is there any new flash plugin.

We need to get rid of redline and full screen going just plain white,which is really annoying and disappointing.

There is a newer version of Flash, released on the 20 June 2011. However I don't have access to it. Also I wouldn't be able to distribute it if I had access through TI. The only reason the earlier version is in the PND is because I keep forgetting to take it out, it's available through other sources, and no-one has complained about it.

I don't believe it's worth doing much about getting the later version until the DSP is useable, as that is what will improve the playing of Flash videos.

Back