Release Firefox 6.0

Thanks hdonk! I enabled some swap and fired this up, runs great!

jeff
I'm looking forward to Firefox 7 myself - It's supposed to have its memory usage cleaned up significantly. Hopefully that'll make it run much better, even without swap.

I've also heared the story about FF7 has a much better ressource management. I hope the Pandora Version wil also benefit from this. :)

I seem to ne having a slight problem with this version of FireFox.

I have installed this using pndstore. When running the pnd I get a message saying that there is already a FireFox process running that is not responding, I will need to either shut down this process or restart the system.

I am not too sure what is going on with this. I have removed every pnd of FireFox from my SD and deleted the appdata folder. I have also removed the FireFox 6 pnd and reinstalled it twice with no change.

Does anyone have any bright ideas?

I am running alpha 6 beta 4 os.

I seem to ne having a slight problem with this version of FireFox.

I have installed this using pndstore. When running the pnd I get a message saying that there is already a FireFox process running that is not responding, I will need to either shut down this process or restart the system.

I am not too sure what is going on with this. I have removed every pnd of FireFox from my SD and deleted the appdata folder. I have also removed the FireFox 6 pnd and reinstalled it twice with no change.

Does anyone have any bright ideas?

I am running alpha 6 beta 4 os.

Seems to be a bug or so.

I also got this message when removing the Appdata folder. Firefox somehow burns the infos about this working dir in the NAND, never found where it does that. If you remove it or change this folder (rename) somehow, Firefox will not start.

I once wanted a fresh new install of FF but no luck. I had to keep my old Appdata folder where I once set the working dir. There IS a settings dialog in firefox that let you set your user folder for the browser but I never got this dialog showing up again.

I hope, hdonk has some ideas about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually got this message when I first installed the new FireFox pnd. This was before I had removed anything to do with FireFox. So I hadn't changed the folder in appdata when I first got this message.

EDIT: I have managed to get this to work. There is a hidden Mozilla folder, off the top of my head can't remember where, but deleted this and all other folders pertaining to Firefox, reinstalled Firefox 6 from PNDStore and it worked like a charm. Unfortunately lost all the settings, but a small sacrifice.

I actually got this message when I first installed the new FireFox pnd. This was before I had removed anything to do with FireFox. So I hadn't changed the folder in appdata when I first got this message.

EDIT: I have managed to get this to work. There is a hidden Mozilla folder, off the top of my head can't remember where, but deleted this and all other folders pertaining to Firefox, reinstalled Firefox 6 from PNDStore and it worked like a charm. Unfortunately lost all the settings, but a small sacrifice.
I'd check to see if you've got a .mozilla subdirectory in your home directory. That might be causing a clash.

Otherwise try renaming your /pandora/appdata/.mozilla to something else and rerun the PND. Most likely cause is a stuck firefox process lockfile.

There ia a problem that the facebook has a problem,when i am searching the browser turns off completely,please tell me why is it doing that.

Cheers for the reply Hdonk.

Managed to just wipe all firefox stuff and started from the beginning again.

Keep up the good work on Firefox, it really is fantastic being able to use the same setup I do with my desktop.

I'd check to see if you've got a .mozilla subdirectory in your home directory. That might be causing a clash.

Otherwise try renaming your /pandora/appdata/.mozilla to something else and rerun the PND. Most likely cause is a stuck firefox process lockfile.

i'm not finding those files :-(

Remember, .folders are hidden. Did you turn them on to visible from the View menu?

I´m having some problems with FF6 unfortunately :(

It locked my machine 3 times (Had to remove battery to unlock) and crashed to desktop twice. Usually when loading big pages like blogs with multiple images and youtube applets.

I´ll stick with Midori for now ;)

I also use Midori. Sadly, it has no popup blockers or anything like this built in, I hope Midori will get updated some day. Firefox is faster when it comes to javascript n stuff, at least it feels faster than Midori (google maps and such things). So I switch to firefox when I need add blockers or browsing on "big" sites that need plugins to work correctly.

But I still haven't managed to get JAVA to work in the Browsers. I installed the java pnd but somehow it is not recognized by the Pandora Browsers. Is there a trick?

Oh, I also would like to know where exactly is this hidden folder from FF on the NAND. I know it must be somewhere but I still havn't found it yet, even with hidden folders enabled. I also tried the "find" command from the terminal but no luck. ^^"

EDIT: HA! I found somethings under /usr/lib

there is a mozilla dir with a plugin subdir. I had to use Midnight Commander since THunar has not even a search function. XD

I keep the dir but if I have to remove FF completeley from the system I know where to find it.

I don't like beta plugin just remove it and replace it with the new one,please can you do that,or if you can't give me the link and tell me how to install it.

I don't believe it's worth doing much about getting the later version until the DSP is useable, as that is what will improve the playing of Flash videos.
DPS is now available :) via an add-on you can install it, maybe this will help with flash.

I don't like beta plugin just remove it and replace it with the new one,please can you do that,or if you can't give me the link and tell me how to install it.
why don't you find it yourself and add it yourself.

oh cmon people! dont tell him stuff like that! can you imagine how many problems he can cause with opkg.....OR EVEN SUDO! all of the problems which he will ask us how to fix

hmmmm, got issues !

first, that firefox used my old profile, wich was okay, until i figured i couldn't use GMAIL, because of that "sec_error_no_memory" .... so i tried making a new profile from scratch, it was a bit tricky as it gave me a weird error about my destination folder being unwritable, but still worked anywah,

but i still get the sec_error_no_memory when trying to connect to gmail .....

Back