Finding a proper name and logo :)

My little play on Binky's flame letter type, now with more added blades :)

302apgn.png

I can't say I like this lettering style,  It's too hard to read.

You know, I'm thinking just give the top one a head,  and leave out the word dragonbox out of the logo altogether.  I think it would work on it's own. (and again  should look really good embossed on a device)

- Neelix

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like the bottom ones, with the chrome edging and nice colour fills ... Not so keen on the top box style though, with that letter and colour looks like an old MS Excel icon eh :)

I agree with the idea that the primary logo should be that of the brand/manufacturer (rather than the product), but I don't like the rehashed pandora logo - it fells clunky and unbalanced.

A dragonbox logo should either be a stylised dpad, or a visual merger of dragon and box (as above)

How does a shape become outdated? :)

- Neelix
A while back it was fashionable to make everything glossy and blobby (win XP style) - now its fashionable to use flat colour and sharp edges (win 8 style)

Its also fashionable for everything to have roundy-cornered square icons (iOS style)

If the main logo is a 2D image, then putting it on a pretty chrome 3D box should not take priority

For those chrome edged shapes, think a dragon eye could look nice, similar to this but this is just a quick thing

m8jm9s.png

The more familiar box :)

257j95j.png

I can't say I like this lettering style,  It's too hard to read.

I guess it could be...

I really like that first line on this text Binky done, so was carrying it through all letters.

I also thought that it could become a familiar/recognised symbol in itself... even if just on its own ... or in a row of 7 [for each letter] as shown on this bottom image;

wa5c81.png

Could have it any colours, style, just maintaining that nice curve shape.

....plus... looks a little bit like dragon claw marks tearing through I think :)

[a 7 claw dragon]

@FZERO Oh I see what you mean.  You may have something there. :)   Given that concept, I do think it would be possible to make it more legible though.

More separation at the top of the Y,  a better defined right leg on the A,  and the right side of the N further to the right,  possibly matching the new leg of the A, and more separation on the G. (and perhaps have the gap a bit higher?)

- Neelix

For those chrome edged shapes, think a dragon eye could look nice, similar to this but this is just a quick thing

m8jm9s.png
Nice Idea but not easy doable as simple b/w logo (needed for prints onto plastic, reliefs etc.):
m8jm9sytfht.png

I'm also not sure if we should use a isometric cube design at all, there are just to many of these out there

I guess it could be...

I really like that first line on this text Binky done, so was carrying it through all letters.

I also thought that it could become a familiar/recognised symbol in itself... even if just on its own ... or in a row of 7 [for each letter] as shown on this bottom image;

wa5c81.png

Could have it any colours, style, just maintaining that nice curve shape.

....plus... looks a little bit like dragon claw marks tearing through I think :)

[a 7 claw dragon]
Looks to "organic" for my taste. I prefer something less curved but tastes are different of course.

Back