Finding a proper name and logo :)

I'm aware ED is our little dictator, but I think you are taking something which sounds like a spontaneous thought as an order which needs to be followed on death penalty.
Honestly, I'm not taking it as an order, I'm using it as backing to get you guys to stop suggesting orange, because that is the GP2X's color.

Here's an idea of mine based on DFP's design

Pyra_zpsfd145dd2.png
 I see eyBa.

Thought I would vectorize this and put it on a case to see it. Maybe a bit hard to read on the case. Seems like the device model itself wouldn't need a logo, rather we should be looking more for a legacy dragonbox devices logo instead??

grad2.png
What if we got rid of the bottom lines but still angled the letters, so it is reminiscent, but an actual departure from the Pandora logo? Like so:

grad3.png

-God Ginrai

Hmm, it does make the letters a lot more readable, but looking at it in isolation it makes me wonder why the letters are written at an angle and why there's an angle above them with flames coming off it - it looks like two separate 2d things.

Hmm, it does make the letters a lot more readable, but looking at it in isolation it makes me wonder why the letters are written at an angle and why there's an angle above them with flames coming off it - it looks like two separate 2d things.
 It's a logo. The only rule for a logo is to be easily recognized. This variation I proposed is easily recognized. Also, it's easy to read, which means that people can quickly know the name of the device. Plus, on examination, it's possible to notice it is derived from the Pandora logo.

What if we got rid of the bottom lines but still angled the letters, so it is reminiscent, but an actual departure from the Pandora logo? Like so:
That is not needed actualy, small changes, big difference:
Uh, no. The point was to have something that wasn't almost a carbon copy of the Pandora logo, but was instead "reminiscent".

-God Ginrai

I've already edited the Logo ;) Now the Box is less boxy but still some kind of isometric. Flames appear now more out of the box instead ot above. I would say not much left to see a Pandora logo in there.

@Pritchy,

you can retrieve the 3d model here:

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/993900c5394b18b9ae4bec7910cb705920140205012208/20bfcb019d39a938fac945bdeaad5d1520140205012208/0fa40e

There is a LWO and an OBJ file. Flat model.

You can find this file on gp32x forum, the owner is Clean3d.

There is a possibility the original file has texture maps and so on, I can´t remember.

Here his term of usage:

USAGE RULES

You are allowed to change and redistribute the 3D model or renders created from it in any way under the following conditions:

1. Renders/models created from this file cannot be portrayed as official or from the OpenPandora team.

2. Don't pretend that you created the original model provided in this file.

3. Attribution is nice, but not required.

4. I cannot/will not be held liable if this file becomes the source of damages or dispute.

5. The OpenPandora logo and other associated intellectual property is under the ownership of the OpenPandora team. Please respect their rules and regulations concerning the use of their work.

End of Usage Rules

Clean3d gp32x.de forums

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already edited the Logo ;) Now the Box is less boxy but still some kind of isometric. Flames appear now more out of the box instead ot above. I would say not much left to see a Pandora logo in there.
That looks worse, IMHO. You making a logo for Fahrenheit 451?

-God Ginrai

attachicon.gif
grad3.png

-God Ginrai
Maybe get rid of the line and just have PYRA mirrored four sides and have the flames in the middle of it?

attachicon.gif
grad3.png

-God Ginrai
Maybe get rid of the line and just have PYRA mirrored four sides and have the flames in the middle of it?
 I'm sure that can be done, however, I don't see myself liking it. :\

Interesting, but feels very... neon sign... ish. Not sure if that really makes sense for a device like the Pyra.

-God Ginrai

Quick thought: Would a literal dragon box (box, somehow emitting fire or burning, with dragon-wings) make sense?

Unavngiven.png

I'm aware ED is our little dictator, but I think you are taking something which sounds like a spontaneous thought as an order which needs to be followed on death penalty.
Honestly, I'm not taking it as an order, I'm using it as backing to get you guys to stop suggesting orange, because that is the GP2X's color.

Here's an idea of mine based on DFP's design

Pyra_zpsfd145dd2.png

I see eyBa.

Thought I would vectorize this and put it on a case to see it. Maybe a bit hard to read on the case. Seems like the device model itself wouldn't need a logo, rather we should be looking more for a legacy dragonbox devices logo instead??

grad2.png

attachicon.gif
grad3.png

-God Ginrai
liking this without the full lines along the bottom of the letters. I do think it is notquite right at the top. the corner the flames are coming from isnt right the perspective is wrong.... the top of the box  doesnt look parallel to the bottom. the angle of the corner is too acute making the back corner appear too high . i hope you understand what im trying to get at.  the top of a box in perspective is not square. thats why some logos look like hexagons.

I think the top of this box might be parallel to the bottom... Here all I done was copy that top line and flip it around and moved to the bottom, it looks ok to me, in that it's aligned with the bottom of the letters still, or is that not what you mean?

vf81fn.png

I also think the top line would be nicer if it curved around the top curve of the [E] and [A] just a little bit. I've tried to show that too in the image above. Just a little flick, rather than the sharp line

Excellent development from this:

grad.png
Pyra_zpsfd145dd2.png

grad2.png
post-818-0-66105600-1391557110.png

I like these (especially Fusion_Power's interpretation):

post-3044-0-00189400-1391563404.png
vf81fn.jpg

Nice work!

I hadn't noticed before that one with the cut into the flame above where the [Y] is, that looks good. Bit rough on that pic but if cleaned up would be a nice touch

I'm sure that can be done, however, I don't see myself liking it. :\
The flame or just that in general?
 Actually, the mirroring. I don't want to be seeing the word Pyra more than once.

I hadn't noticed before that one with the cut into the flame above where the [Y] is, that looks good. Bit rough on that pic but if cleaned up would be a nice touch
It reminds me of book burnings. Not something I want any logo to remind me of.

-God Ginrai

Back