Finding a proper name and logo :)

d4ozn.png

Totally while I'm doing college work, honest!

And since EvilDragon said yes to red:

I actually like the Red. The Pandora was Blue, so why not use Red for the Pyra? :)
We should not be dabbling with an orange logo. Especially since that treads on the GP2X colors.

-God Ginrai
I'm aware ED is our little dictator, but I think you are taking something which sounds like a spontaneous thought as an order which needs to be followed on death penalty.
Edit: I think the flame around the P could use a little refinement, couldn't it?

Last edited by a moderator:
And since EvilDragon said yes to red:

I actually like the Red. The Pandora was Blue, so why not use Red for the Pyra? :)
We should not be dabbling with an orange logo. Especially since that treads on the GP2X colors.

-God Ginrai
I'm aware ED is our little dictator, but I think you are taking something which sounds like a spontaneous thought as an order which needs to be followed on death penalty.

Edit: I think the flame around the P could use a little refinement, couldn't it?
Yeah, I'm thinking about having it bend back a bit more at the top to fit better with the P? I'm pretty happy with it otherwise

If the flame itself isn't red, it would make sense to make the letters red.

I don't know about anyone else, and maybe it's my branding background talking, but I feel like these logos would be appropriate for a Portuguese fusion restaurant.

Yeah, I'm thinking about having it bend back a bit more at the top to fit better with the P? I'm pretty happy with it otherwise
Yes, that could be good too.But I was thinking about some places where the outline isn't perfectly smooth and two other things.

Care to give me the source file? I'll try to change what I mean, it's a pain to put in words.

Edit:

I like (orange or blue) flames, but think, that flames always look a bit too much like poser stuff...

Do you really want that connotation on a handheld?

http://www.mykarre.com/file/pic/gallery/2256.jpg
True, but I like the way Pritchy's flame looks. The flames on your linked picture look bad and there's too much of them, no doubt.

Of course :) It;s a fireworks document, unfortunately *Dodges stones*

Edit: Zipped.

Flame_Thingy.zip

Attachments

• Flame_Thingy.zip
    91 KB · Views: 142

But isn't this just a raster graphic? I was expecting vector, but I guess I can just trace it.
It uses the fireworks "pen" tool which is I guess some sort of vector thingy. I don't really know anything about graphic design at all, if I'm honest  :p Just enough to get my ideas on the screen, most of the time!

But isn't this just a raster graphic? I was expecting vector, but I guess I can just trace it.
 It uses the fireworks "pen" tool which is I guess some sort of vector thingy. I don't really know anything about graphic design at all, if I'm honest  :p Just enough to get my ideas on the screen, most of the time!
You should be able to save as another type of file. This one is just pixels. But I've already traced the flame, and I think someone posted a traced version of the rest, so it's probably too late. :p :)

You should be able to save as another type of file. This one is just pixels. But I've already traced the flame, and I think someone posted a traced version of the rest, so it's probably too late. :p
:)
Just learnt I can save as a .psd in Fireworks anyway. Who'da thunk it  :rolleyes:

Anyway, more 3D renders coming up sooner or later. What do people want to see? Also, if someone has a 3D model of a Pandy I can use that instead of a chamfered cube  :lol:

I traced it, but now I don't feel like continuing right now. It doesn't have the flaws I see in yours, but it has it's own... Anyone feel free to edit it or I'll do so possible tomorrow or so.

Took Binky's (I think - oh my brain...) svg Pyra and added it to the same .svg.

PyraFlame.svg.zip

Attachments

• PyraFlame.svg.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 173
Here's an idea of mine based on DFP's design

Pyra_zpsfd145dd2.png
also not bad. Combine it with the flame on top like the other cube-based logo could be also an interesting variant. :)
I don't like PyRa or PYRa.

It should be PYRA or Pyra.

Also it's still too much for me.

Imagine that in the size of the Pandora logo.

No way to read this properly in some distance.

Back