Finding a proper name and logo :)

Brainstorming...

pyralogo6.png
Swastik-Eyra <.<

-God Ginrai

Okay, take two:

ojiffb.jpg

I only ever intended this to be used as the "full" logo, ie posters or something similar. It's far too bulky to be put on the device.

For the back of the device, I was thinking something like one of these embossed on the lid, a pictograph. This would be accompanied with "Pyra" or "Dragonbox Pyra" beneath it in a simple, easy to read text on the "lip" of the lid. If I can get round to it, I'll try post a quick render of what I'm thinking later.

2w4b2ue.png

And for places where vertical space is a concern, the text on it's own?

1jqhxl.png

I really like the Pyra text in flame font. You get the name of the device, it's compact, readable and looks good.

Getting rid of the box is probably a good idea. The box is burnt up and Pyra rises from its ashes.

2u5tdtt.jpg

Worlds fastest model, heh. Didn't have much time at all but couldn't resist a two minute mock up.

Don't know if the flame is the right choice.

Like the naked P or P in a square as well.

Maybe post more pics?

Without letter's it's better.
Can you clarify what you mean by this? The 3D model would look better without text?  :)

This any help?

Thank you! (thanks also to Askarus for sorting out the font!) Slightly revised version:

v5cux3.png

and also because I like Bevels:

25h1tm1.png

Keep in mind that all the pictographs and other stuff still apply to these logos, these are merely the most complete versions with which (most of) the others are derived :)

I think it would nicer if you could get the whole logo, flaming P, on there.
I'd be happy to give it a shot later, I really do need to do some College work now  :p

Without letter's it's better.
Can you clarify what you mean by this? The 3D model would look better without text?  :)
Right.

I don't think lots of small letters are good on the device.

Might feel bad (at least I wouldn't like it).

Also I think that's what a logo is for: Shorten things down and don't use lots of letters any more.

There's no "Pandora" on the Pandora as well.

I don't think lots of small letters are good on the device.

Might feel bad (at least I wouldn't like it).

Also I think that's what a logo is for: Shorten things down and don't use lots of letters any more.

There's no "Pandora" on the Pandora as well.
I agree. No standard letters.But maybe the whole orange "Pyra". Care to do another two renders, P and Pyra?

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice, perfect colours too. Prefer orange over red.

I think with the full image, poster/website use etc...

It would look good if that curve on the orange underline ran the same path as the curved bit of flame which runs under the [Y]. Just like how the [P] runs along the line of the flames edge

Honestly, I do not want an orange logo. EvilDragon has already expressed an interest for red. Not to mention, Orange was the GP2X's color.

-God Ginrai

Honestly, I do not want an orange logo. EvilDragon has already expressed an interest for red. Not to mention, Orange was the GP2X's color.

-God Ginrai
A red website can stiull have an orange logo.

But why not try out some different colors?

Edit:

Linke this?

Pyra 1.png

2a5npzr.jpg

Well, this went crappily. I was using Splines (Bezier curve style thingies) to make this quickly. Of course, I doubt I can use them properly, and so it ended up being taller than it should have been. Keep that in mind. I'm more than happy to go and do some more renders as soon as I get this work out of the way. It's hard when I could be doing fun stuff instead  :D  Will also try some different colours.

-God Ginrai
 A red website can stiull have an orange logo.
Logo colors are what defines what a products colors. If the logo is orange, then the Pyra is "orange".

And since EvilDragon said yes to red:

I actually like the Red. The Pandora was Blue, so why not use Red for the Pyra? :)
We should not be dabbling with an orange logo. Especially since that treads on the GP2X colors.

-God Ginrai

I would make i not much bigger than the Pandora logo.

Tried some 1 Minute Gimp for red letters.

(Didn't select the rim correctly)

Pyra 2.png

Back