Finding a proper name and logo :)

Fyr (pyra) does not mean the same as flamme in my language, something not preserved in english.

How about something more towards ignition, spark, something to start a new line of devices. More idea than actual flame. High friction? Mixing of 3 things to produce a result.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, FZERO!  
pyra_logo_1.png
Oh snap!

You were spot on all along, I just didn't even know it :)

I like DFB's version, FZERO's versions don't work at all in monochrome, so they don't work for the case.

Using that flame on the lid of the box, with just the [P] letter

2yo7i1g.png
Have to quote this to like this because I have apparently reached my quota of positive votes today. I guess I have to be negative for the rest of the day, according to the forums...

-God Ginrai

It would be possible to fake 2-tone colours even with a single colour relief (onto the case for example). One Side just has to be smooth, other side has to have a rough surface, tadaa: 2 tone "colour" with single colour relief. :D

Yes, the flat one looks nicer... the embossing wasn't meant to be a style idea, it was more an attempt to show how it might look if was actually embossed onto the device case/lid :)

@Fusion_Power, exactly, that would work nicely

Oooh, FZERO, nice! :D Though, do you think it looks a bit too similar to the gamecube logo? You had shown other cubic letter designs a while back, I think those looked good too :)

For a single colour, would look bit like this I guess, and done an emboss version below it

c3xjt.png
As i've run out of "likes" for the day i'll just say that these designs are great (i guess the lower one just shows how it would look on the unit casing moulded into the plastic)

You could also rotate that hexagon 180 degrees and it could be a d for dragonbox if you we're looking for a logo that would work for Pyra's successor as well.

It's still my favorite letters.

14tq1w6.png

This one is great.

The Flame with the P inside onto the Pyra lid.

The whole thing onto the website.

You also have the Dragonbox inside.

You can also use the "Pyra" setters without the Dragonbox and/or without the flame.

For me this is simply great and can be used in several ways.

Last edited by a moderator:
This one is great.

You can also use the "Pyra" setters without the Dragonbox and/or without the flame.

Keep in mind that I did this pretty damn quickly in photoshop, using the magic wand tool to select the parts of various logos i liked to add to the flame: It looks bloody awful quality-wise. Could be redone to a much higher standard if there was access to source files.

The designs Fzero has posted in the last couple of pages are by far my favorite so far.

This one is great.

Keep in mind that I did this pretty damn quickly in photoshop, using the magic wand tool to select the parts of various logos i liked to add to the flame: It looks bloody awful quality-wise. Could be redone to a much higher standard if there was access to source files.

The designs Fzero has posted in the last couple of pages are by far my favorite so far.
I don' t like the ones from Fzero.

grad.png

That's nice as well.

Back