Finding a proper name and logo :)

@Rivaan: Yep, I also think "Dragonbox" above the "yra" part would look nice. Maybe a slightly different font though. However, I also actually like comradekingu's logo design (the first one in wb's post). Perhaps we can have both.

I was thinking some combination of a comradekingu-style ambigram box with a simple readable text, like this:

pyralogo4.png

I too like this idea, the Kingu styled box logo, though I quite like the original evenly spaced ones, perhaps with the red used to separate the text from external box line ... alongside the easily readable PYRA with the Dragonbox above the 'YRA' part.

I also like the evenly spaced logo (the one that was above that one). Someone should see what that looks like with "Dragonbox Pyra" written next to it

You cannot read "Pandora" in the current logo on the lid and nobody complained about that yet.

@F-Zero: The upper one isn't readable as "Pyrd" anymore. :(

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're going to write Pyra within the logo anyways, there is no reason to design the emblem portion to also say Pyra.  I personally prefer that emblem to the simple font written world, just the logo, but the Pyra Dragonbox Pyra isn't well thought out.  If the logo is going to just say Dragonbox Pyra in a normal font, the emblem part of it should be something else, maybe one of those dragon pictures previously suggested.

You cannot read "Pandora" in the current logo on the lid and nobody complained about that yet.

@F-Zero: The upper one isn't readable as "Pyrd" anymore. :(
Relax guy, we can correct that easily enough :)

Yeah. If Pyra is just going to be written then just do the flaming P from a while back in that logo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flaming [P] icon is also good, but I don't see the problem with using the ambigram cube Kingu done either.

Doesn't matter to me that it also contains the wording [pyra] within it. It still looks a nice icon/logo alongside the plain text I think.

Benefits from being more recognisable when used standalone too, when not sat alongside the plain text

If you're going to write Pyra within the logo anyways, there is no reason to design the emblem portion to also say Pyra.  I personally prefer that emblem to the simple font written world, just the logo, but the Pyra Dragonbox Pyra isn't well thought out.  If the logo is going to just say Dragonbox Pyra in a normal font, the emblem part of it should be something else, maybe one of those dragon pictures previously suggested.
Exactly.  I still think the logo part needs to be representative of the Dragonbox brand,  and that the Pyra part should be represented in text.

- Neelix

That looks nice.

Looks a little like a dragons nostrils :)

I'd like it more with just the [P] inside it, rather than mirrored like that ... but it's very nice still.

I also think would be nice to have the logo derivative of Pandora one

Back