Finding a proper name and logo :)

That looks nice! It's the first of the ambigrams that looks a bit like flames. Can you make them more flame-like?

Yeah probably could do, I was working with that simple single semi-circle shape originally, the flames thing hadn't occurred to me tbh. I'll give it a try though in a bit

here's one effort, though perhaps a bit more spiky than flame-y

...Could do with rounding off a bit so more like chunky flames?

2gsmzht.png

bit more wavey/flamey - Just done with the basic one though before the cutouts

2ufpn51.png

Torpor: make the p synergize with where the flame begins. So that the p curves in nicely with where the flame begins. Also line width could be uniform, and follow the same curve as the style on the letter. If you want to finalize it more, i would make it into a torch like design, because that is what im seeing.

Fzero: I think it had the most potential before it got more wavy. Doing that would be a style option for last. On the versions above that, cut down on the use of line going through it, and instead introduce halfcircles everywhere. The lower end y is very good. What makes it work is that its at the same offset as the x letter hight is to the rest of the letter.

Only the pointy ends of the p and a do something, add a pointy flame at the top a inwards to get less pyrd. Balancing out with the next letter elliptical shape.

Last edited by a moderator:
get over here http://www.specsavers.co.uk

:)

It does look a bit '96' in the middle there I have to admit.

Tried without the straight cut out lines, just the circles, which I think loses the '96';

308wg8z.png

...At the bottom one there added little serif to the [P] [A] to try improve, I think the [A] looks ok, more [A] than [D]... but the [P] now has that "I'm an [E]" thing going on eh

With full circles;

v5l8v4.png

With big angle cuts out the [Y] and [R]. which I think make them look more like the letter

250qoeg.png

Summary of ambigrams :

Binky

t19m.png

laserbeams

PyraVersion2.jpg

PyraVersion2.jpg

iprice

pyra2.PNG

pyra3.PNG

FZERO

11budqp.png

10qyniw.png

laserbeams

PyraVersion3.jpg

FZERO

s6sxuw.png

2iitq93.png

_wb_

pyra.png

pyra2.png

_wb_ + Kiga

a7r7.png

_wb_

db-pyra-flame.png

pyra-logo.png

pyra-pixel.png

In my opinion Eyra or Pyrd isn't important but it have to be reduced as much as possible.

Nice. Sure there's few more than this though aint there, or those all in the thread with Kingu's ambigram cube logo?

I still like that one [bottom left] a lot. Was it _wb_ done it using that nice curved [P] letter flame shape from Binky?

That one is real nice.

A couple more, not done too cleanly, just playing with more ambigram ideas. They're not too easy :)

iwq8zm.png

vzxzrp.png

Nice. Sure there's few more than this though aint there, or those all in the thread with Kingu's ambigram cube logo?

I still like that one [bottom left] a lot. Was it _wb_ done it using that nice curved [P] letter flame shape from Binky?

That one is real nice.

A couple more, not done too cleanly, just playing with more ambigram ideas. They're not too easy :)

iwq8zm.png

vzxzrp.png
doge.jpg

-God Ginrai

Thanks, I had forgotten a lot.

iwq8zm.png

I really like the bottom-left and it dont look like Pyrd-Eyra because of the bend and the pitch between P and a.

Nicely collated :) I'd forgot all about a few of those...
;)

After all my favorite is this:

2iitq93.png

It would look very cool on  the top of the Pyra. The P look like a P and the a shape is perfect, but because of letters sizes it look like a d, maybe it can be fixed by adding a hole.

Back