Finding a proper name and logo :)

Do we really want to focus on low-quality graphics for a device e that can do much more than play old games?

Do we really want to focus on low-quality graphics for a device e that can do much more than play old games?
I generally consider pixel art to be higher quality than the average textured mesh.

Edit: It's like a hand drawn portrait versus a passport photo taken at a photo booth.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like pixel art, it is a lot of work to do, but I don't think it fits a system which will have enough horse power to probably emulate some win95 / win98 games.

I like pixel art, it is a lot of work to do, but I don't think it fits a system which will have enough horse power to probably emulate some win95 / win98 games.
I think it could still be cute, and I think it fits a system like the Pandora well. Both are made for minorities, by small companies/individuals, take a lot of time to perfection (but in the end of course it is reached :) ), etc.I don't think we absolutely need pixel art, but if someone makes a good pixel art logo I'll judge it by the same criteria as other logos.

I just can't have someone claim pixel art equalling

low-quality graphics
Edit: http://www.noupe.com/design/40-examples-eye-popping-pixel-art.html

Edit: One time I came across a huge example of excellent pixel art, at least the equivalent of a 5m*3m painting afk. I can't find it anymore. -.-

I don't know anymore what it showed, but I remember it was on it's own on a site, filled most of the screen (at least) and had some magnification tool to be able to study it properly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps pixel art isn't the way to go,  but I think it's still worth exploring the concept a bit at least...  perhaps someone will come up with something that works surprisingly well.  Lacking any kind of direction from ED,  I think it makes sense to try out  as many different concepts as possible in the meantime.

- Neelix

This would work. Draw the 'Pyra' logo with glowing circuit board lines. An abstract red pcb vibe.

Anybody here with the skills want to try this? I don't have the skills or software.

10859534-hot-abstract-red-circuit-board-background-with-place-for-your-content.jpg

circuit-board-vector-red-background-21603277.jpg

2-circuit-board-seisiri-silapasuwanchai.jpg

And here is the google images page.

https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=596&q=red+pcb+board&oq=red+pcb&gs_l=img.1.1.0l2.2152.4980.0.7086.7.7.0.0.0.0.59.317.7.7.0....0...1ac.1.32.img..0.7.316.3FbPZt9ERWA#imgdii=_

I guess to make it convincing it should actually be made in Eagle or Kicad or something.

Would be a possibility too.

Here's a couple using existing free fonts, to show what might look like

155krad.png

Here's a couple using existing free fonts, to show what might look like

155krad.png
Your first one is nice even if I still prefer the flame.

I don't think letters are good on the device.

The Letters are great for the website but not for the device.

Back