Finding a proper name and logo :)

British Gas already claimed that one.
Was their old logo;

They've gone modern now, against the rules which some people like to adhere to for logo design, with it using gradients.

Modern times though I guess this shows you don't have to keep with a single colour, they have no problem printing this on their bills and stuff
That looks nothing like the flaming "P" logo even if it was blue.

We can use the Dragonbox logo with just the flaming "P" in front.

Might not look exactly the same, but is still a 'blue flame'.

So not too original.

That said, I wouldn't care myself... go for it :)

t19m.png

That's quite cool
 Agreed.  It's the best one yet.
I keep thinking back to this one. I still like it better than the others presented.
I Agree if we improved it.
I like it as is. How would you improve it?

Or this one:

3vky.png
That one is much better than the current ones being discussed, but I'd put it 2nd place the the one above.

I like it as is. How would you improve it?

I can't see it in the center of the top of the Pyra, it will be like a foreign factor.

I think  "yr" have to be shrinked, so that it will fit better in the center of Pyra. And the logo should be a little bit more straight, less wavy, I don't see exactly how, maybe just shrinking "yr" would be okay.

14tq1w6.png

I like this (in this color, not in read). Of course it can't be all on the case, maybe just the P inside the flame.

db-pyra-flame.png

Needs to be improved a lot to be more readable (and prettier) and I dislike the separate flame. It removes the symmetry ambigrams introduce and it doesn't contribute anything.

t19m.png

I like this one quite well, but I'm not sure it really fits the Pyra.

3vky.png

This one is just ugly, imo. Nothing to be saved.
db_pyra.png

This one looks very very good but for the word Pyra. I think you could remove the Pyra and use it as the general DragonBox Logo (on the website etc., nowhere on a case or something).

I dunno, Binky's design looks a bit psychadelic to me. Now don't get me wrong, I like a bit of psychadelic rock, but the album covers are not my favourite part of the experience.

It is at least rotationally symmetrical, which I appreciate.

I dunno, Binky's design looks a bit psychadelic to me. Now don't get me wrong, I like a bit of psychadelic rock, but the album covers are not my favourite part of the experience.

It is at least rotationally symmetrical, which I appreciate.
I don't mind psychedelic art, but I just don't think ambigrams are worth it if it's not easy for someone who has no knowledge of the product to walk up and at least 95% of the time read it correctly.

-God Ginrai

I dig this one too. Perhaps we can still use the flame concept.
I'd like to see that one embossed 0.25mm deep with a 1cm border fill the back/top of the lid. No colors, no paint. Just the same color as the lid itself. It would add some (not a lot) strength to the lid, some texture and would be downright cool.

Are there source files for orange flame Pyra and the Dragonbox picture? I would like to play around with them a little, but tracing them in Inkscape just for this is a bit too much work. :)

Looks like an owl mixed with a cube and a bat to me.

I think the color red makes most sense for the Pyra:

In Latin the word pyrrhus means red from the Greek adjective πυρρός, purrhos, i.e. "flame coloured", "the colour of fire" or simply "red" or "reddish".%5B1%5D Pyrrha was evidently named after her red hair.Horace (Ode, i. 5) and Ovid describes her as red haired.

It was meant to be a dragon face on a box..as in dragonbox...and the wings could be different, yes. Colours etc too. Was just an idea..

Edit: These are what I actually drew (two separate logos) but I thought the pics looked too crud to show and I was too embarrassed to post them, so FZERO created it for me to look more professional, as it were (Binky also made one for the other). 20131224_092330.jpg20131220_101034.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reads like Pyrd or Pyhd. But maybe pixel art is a good idea. Playing games with pixel art graphics will after all be an important use case of the Pyra.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back