Finding a proper name and logo :)

db-pyra-flame.png
Unreadebale but it has the merit of being eccentric, I prefer this compared with other. The major problem with a lot of proposal here is that they are absolutly banal.

14tq1w6.png

Not trying to shoehorn the flame into everything I see, honest! 

I like it there because it gives a nice place for the Dragonbox logo to sit. Keeping your idea of the single letter for the smaller logo.  Can anyone point me to a high quality version of the dragonbox logo? 

I like the dragon box logo and the flaming "P", but I don't like the Pyra logo execution. 

Edit:

I like it there because it gives a nice place for the Dragonbox logo to sit. Keeping your idea of the single letter for the smaller logo.  Can anyone point me to a high quality version of the dragonbox logo? 
Can you do another one with white and blue flames?

Last edited by a moderator:
Something else, that isn't that great but anyway... :)

29394b6.png

I like that one _wb_ ...has the ambigram going on too and doesn't have the confusing "is it an E or is it a P" thing going on

14tq1w6.png

The question is: How will it look on the top of the Pyra?  :rolleyes:

It's more look like an advertising banner than a Logo.

14tq1w6.png

The question is: How will it look on the top of the Pyra?   :rolleyes:

It's more look like an advertising banner than a Logo.
This is true. To be honest, I think putting the simplified "icon" logo, for example the flame with just the p, or Binkys version p:

zydv.png

embossed into the device with "Pyra" perhaps written around it somewhere in a plain, professional font could look really pretty. Elegant, even. 

Unreadebale but it has the merit of being eccentric, I prefer this compared with other. The major problem with a lot of proposal here is that they are absolutly banal.
I'm uncertain as to why you think it being wacky and different is a good thing. I can understand wanting something a little unique, but to the extent where it is unreadable? That makes no sense to me whatsoever. Could you explain why you want it to look eccentric? 

I'm uncertain as to why you think it being wacky and different is a good thing. I can understand wanting something a little unique, but to the extent where it is unreadable? That makes no sense to me whatsoever. Could you explain why you want it to look eccentric? 
 I'm not sure that eccentric is the word. What I wanted to say is it haven't to be banal. It is better if it is readable but I prefer an unreadable, goog looking and different thing than an readable, and banal with a little idea '(like flame). I'm not saying flame is a bad idea but it has to be very well done to stand out from other who already used that

Uniqueness, Good looking and clever thing like make use of the chance that letters allows ambigram is way more important to me than to be readable or average used idea like using flame.

t19m.png

That's quite cool

Agreed.  It's the best one yet.
I keep thinking back to this one. I still like it better than the others presented.
I Agree if we improved it.

Or this one:

3vky.png

There's always the potential to isolate a single distinctive character from the whole word:

zydv.png
 I like the single letter logo, although I don't think we should do orange. That was the GP2X's color. EvilDragon liked the idea of using red, so let's stick w/ that. I'm thinking a Crimson color. Also, I still like the idea conceptually of making it the inside of a fire. Maybe the fire can be red and the P inside it be gray like in this icon?

I still don't know if I'm sold on the ambigram idea, but this one is much better than the other ones people have tried. Think you can fit the P inside the flame like I suggested earlier?

14tq1w6.png

Not bad, but as I mentioned above in this post, we should try to work w/ red, rather than orange.

PAC-RA? <.<

-God Ginrai

This is true. To be honest, I think putting the simplified "icon" logo, for example the flame with just the p, or Binkys version p:

zydv.png

embossed into the device with "Pyra" perhaps written around it somewhere in a plain, professional font could look really pretty. Elegant, even.
I still don't like this logo, way to "organic". It looks like the device comes straight from Vulcan. ;)

spock-ears.jpg

Not bad, but as I mentioned above in this post, we should try to work w/ red, rather than orange.

-God Ginrai
Why not blue flames? :p
British Gas already claimed that one.

Was their old logo;

british-gas-old-new.jpg

They've gone modern now, against the rules which some people like to adhere to for logo design, with it using gradients.

Modern times though I guess this shows you don't have to keep with a single colour, they have no problem printing this on their bills and stuff

More fool them IMNSHO...   Personally I think I prefer the old one...   the new one looks more like a folded ribbon than a flame.

- Neelix

British Gas already claimed that one.
Was their old logo;

They've gone modern now, against the rules which some people like to adhere to for logo design, with it using gradients.

Modern times though I guess this shows you don't have to keep with a single colour, they have no problem printing this on their bills and stuff
That looks nothing like the flaming "P" logo even if it was blue.

We can use the Dragonbox logo with just the flaming "P" in front.

I noticed with suitable letters you have a full horizontal line in the middle. Even after taking it out the letters stay quite readable. Below is a crude ascii representation of the needed lines :)

(not intended as a logo suggestion, merely inspirational)

Code:
 _     _  _
| || || || |
|   / |\ | |

I noticed with suitable letters you have a full horizontal line in the middle. Even after taking it out the letters stay quite readable. Below is a crude ascii representation of the needed lines :)

(not intended as a logo suggestion, merely inspirational)

_ _ _
| || || || |
| / |\ | |
hmm.... why not have the old logo. and place it on the pyra.

Back