Finding a proper name and logo :)

Neelix: I agree that we don't have to restrict ourselves to ambigrams and that there should be a variant with "DragonBox" included. However, the logo that goes on the backside of the lid should be simple and it would be cool if it works upside down too. So spelling out "DragonBox" in full on the lid seems like a bad idea. We could perhaps put an ambigram "Pyra" inside or next to a cube with wings and a tail though.
I think you missed my point. I think the lid logo should represent the DragonBox brand. It doesn't have to have to use the word DragonBox to do so. It might include the word Pyra as a Device specific variation (like the old Apple ][ logos) though in that case I can honestly say that I actually prefer the last iteration of the "flame text" font (from before everyone shifted their focus to ambigrams) to any of the ambigrammatical versions presented so far.

- Neelix
I think I understood your point. I propose something like this:

db_pyra.png

That it is still readable upside-down is just a nice bonus.

No.

It's to much for my taste.

Logo has to be simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neelix: I agree that we don't have to restrict ourselves to ambigrams and that there should be a variant with "DragonBox" included. However, the logo that goes on the backside of the lid should be simple and it would be cool if it works upside down too. So spelling out "DragonBox" in full on the lid seems like a bad idea. We could perhaps put an ambigram "Pyra" inside or next to a cube with wings and a tail though.
I think you missed my point. I think the lid logo should represent the DragonBox brand. It doesn't have to have to use the word DragonBox to do so. It might include the word Pyra as a Device specific variation (like the old Apple ][ logos) though in that case I can honestly say that I actually prefer the last iteration of the "flame text" font (from before everyone shifted their focus to ambigrams) to any of the ambigrammatical versions presented so far.

- Neelix

db_pyra.png

Wow that's very heavy metal ;)

db_pyra.png

As I said before, all I see there is "Eyra". I don't think Ambigrams really work well w/ this device name.

-God Ginrai

I don't see Eyra untill you say that. The fact "P" is bigger than "y" make me see Pyra.

This one (my modification)
sbsa.png
look like Eyra.

But after _wb_ modified it again, it no longer look like Eyra

8tci.png
This one is very good.

15d87b6.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive. The text on the left's font was chosen really quickly, so it looks like the a child's toy, but you get the idea  :lol:

Doing anything for anything else?

I don't see Eyra untill you say that. The fact "P" is bigger than "y" make me see Pyra.

This one (my modification)
sbsa.png
look like Eyra.

But after _wb_ modified it again, it no longer look like Eyra

8tci.png
This one is very good.
Nope, can't see anything but an E there (or maybe a mirrored g). As long as that serif is there at the bottom of the P, it looks like an E to me.

-God Ginrai

15d87b6.jpg

Ask and ye shall receive. The text on the left's font was chosen really quickly, so it looks like the a child's toy, but you get the idea  :lol:

Doing anything for anything else?
To bright for me.

No yellow, please.

Dark red maybe.

Or dark Red and gray combined

Nope, can't see anything but an E there (or maybe a mirrored g). As long as that serif is there at the bottom of the P, it looks like an E to me.

-God Ginrai
I think you are focused on former shape, because this one doesn't look like Eyra:

a7r7.png

I can't understand how you can see this as "E"  :blink:

:
94d1.png

lol, Basically e have to be have to be curved.

Maybe like this:

81cf.png

I don't think it works to have the name written on the flames them selves.

Also, It would be advisable to design the logo in black/white, and add pretty colours afterwards.

Refinement to avoid eyra:

t19m.png
I still like this one best. I just wish there was a way to make it look like PYRA instead of PYRa, eYRa, or PYRd. But I guess that cannot be done.

Binky please make more refinements/variants of this one!

Back