Finding a proper name and logo :)

Dragonbox Tiamat

If there will be successors, there are plenty other dragons left.

Think about the possibility of consistency.
I'm game - though I'd rather use the other dragons first and leave Tiamat for the 'ultimate' dragon. Although she also ranks pretty well in the Sea Monsters list too.

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14915-finding-a-proper-name-and-logo/?p=292320/URL]
I liked that idea, although I would try to stay with dragons.

Possible successor names (after "Dragonbox Tiamat", I'd love to start with this one so we have it before ED loses interest in making handhelds sometime):

Dragonbox +

Fafnir

Leviathan

Ceto (or the dragon "Trienus", which also means "in three years" *giggle*)

Ladon

Hydra

Typhon (most deadly monster of greek mythology and even Zeus had problems with this one - has to be a total killer device)

Python

When I think about it, I really wonder why no console/handheld-company has established the stylish dragon brand for it yet this way.

ED should establish it as fast as possible and his Dragonbox (which should be the companies name too) would be the perfect cradle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dragonbox Tiamat

If there will be successors, there are plenty other dragons left.

Think about the possibility of consistency.
I'm game - though I'd rather use the other dragons first and leave Tiamat for the 'ultimate' dragon. Although she also ranks pretty well in the Sea Monsters list too.

http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14915-finding-a-proper-name-and-logo/?p=292320/URL]
 I liked that idea, although I would try to stay with dragons.

Possible successor names (after "Dragonbox Tiamat", I'd love to start with this one so we have it before ED loses interest in making handhelds sometime):

Dragonbox +

Fafnir

Leviathan

Ceto (or the dragon "Trienus", which also means "in three years" *giggle*)

Ladon

Hydra

Typhon (most deadly monster of greek mythology and even Zeus had problems with this one - has to be an absolute killer device)

Python

When I think about it, I really wonder why no console/handheld-company has established the stylish dragon brand for it yet this way.
Actually - it would work for Tiamat to be the first DragonBox console. Wasn't Tiamat the mother of all dragons? I.e. the source/first of the true dragons?

Actually - it would work for Tiamat to be the first DragonBox console. Wasn't Tiamat the mother of all dragons? I.e. the source/first of the true dragons?
Nope. Just Queen of the chromatic ones. Also created by the first one, same as Bahamut.

(thanks wikipedia)

"In Mesopotamian Religion (Sumerian, Assyrian, Akkadian and Babylonian), Tiamat is a chaos monster, a primordial goddess of the ocean, mating with Abzû (the god of fresh water) to produce younger gods. It is suggested that there are two parts to the Tiamat mythos, the first in which Tiamat is 'creatrix', through a "Sacred marriage" between salt and fresh water, peacefully creating the cosmos through successive generations. In the second "Chaoskampf" Tiamat is considered the monstrous embodiment of primordial chaos.[1] Although there are no early precedents for it, some sources identify her with images of a sea serpent or dragon.[2] In the Enûma Elish, the Babylonian epic of creation, she gives birth to the first generation of deities; she later makes war upon them and is killed by the storm-god Marduk. The heavens and the earth are formed from her divided body." http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiamat

I've only just seen this thread :)

I really like some of the logos already here, the 'dragon wrapped around a Pandora logo' one, the one with the letters 'd' and 'b' for DragonBox made from sections of Pandora logo, especially.

Dragonbox to me sounds a good name, though I also liked the Pyragon one too.

Here is a couple things I just messed with in PShop

qz2fsl.png

...With perhaps a blue neon 'ON' text, with the universal IO icon used for the 'O' maybe?

Edit:

Like this

2ykb410.png

Nice logos. The last two seem to indicate that the device is quite boring though: drag on and on and on.... Or is that a reference to the battery life? :)

Haven't seen many logos for Pyragon yet...

hmm :) I see what you saying wb

I was actually trying to emphasise 'ON' as in 'power on'.

...Battery life dragging on and on and on and on... is good though

I might play around with some Pyragon ones later when home. I enjoy messing about with pshop

View attachment 7780 (click for bigger image)

From my post at logo idea by kingu  Where the rationale is explained. Look closely at it first.

FZERO: i see where you are coming from with the gray and black. A european dragon would make more sense i think.

How about a picture of a dragon, in a box. Or maybe the dragon is the box.

Only dragons I see are the ones that guard the boundaries of London;

3227519253_583f1823bf_b.jpg

Not sure exactly what a European dragon is, quick wiki search for one and it seems they are defined by their 2 pairs of legs and their bat type wings, like the ones shown above eh.

Agree should be that type of dragon really, yeah, if dragon at all.

...Has ED given any further input in any threads as to his fondness for including a dragon?

Here's another Dragonbox one, with the European style dragon incorporated into the word;

1zx1c2u.png

And a slight alteration, to also include the [original] Pandora logo too, for legacy :)

5fp068.png

Nice ones!

The dragon-O could be a standalone logo in itself, e.g. to put on the case. Did you draw that yourself?

A Pyragon logo with that dragon in the "o" and maybe some red-haired Pyrrha related ornament somewhere in the "Py" would be awesome!

The first dragon was a chinese one. European dragons are anything but that, traditionally used in celtic/norse designs.
http://www.gamlenaboar.uib.no/bilderviking/1_4_4_1_4_3bilde1.jpg
http://media35a.dimu.no/media/image/NR/NR.00041/16389?width=600&height=380

There is one in the thread i made too.

It spells "drag" right now, which is either is bad, or a bit out there.

Edit: Wb made me see it differently

Edit2: Drag on-board, lifesaver.

The truncated(?) n makes ruins the kerning imo, try a font with more evenly sized letters.

How about having three sections on the wing, like on the body so they line up, also the bottom one could strech into the righmost wing like it is on the other side.

Bottom of the wing looks a little too detailed, needs to be abridged a bit methinks. Less curves, more straight, like the body is, thats very nice. Looks very logo-like.

Additional idea. how about each wing folds so that the whole thing makes a square, sort of being a box that its trying to break free from. Left wing folds into top left, right wing folds into bottom right.

Maybe mirrored so it faces the other dragon, really liked the idea of it saying dragonbox and visually its dragon and then box.
No wait, thats dragon, dragonbox..

I like it alot, the current dragonbox logo is a bit childish. That one is business.

Edit: changed my mind, i like the childishness.

Couple Pyrogon efforts, pretty much similar except fit the dragon into the circle of the 'O' letter ... and tried a couple colours/borders

2mxra5h.png

2rxfo5c.png

Nice ones!

The dragon-O could be a standalone logo in itself, e.g. to put on the case. Did you draw that yourself?

A Pyragon logo with that dragon in the "o" and maybe some red-haired Pyrrha related ornament somewhere in the "Py" would be awesome!
ha, I just did that Pyragon style you said anyway prior to reading your comment...

I did not draw this dragon though, no. It's from a vector set which I have and available to use for single commercial project. I've not used it so it's available for this is decided to be used :)

Could draw one pretty similar easy enough, it's very simple eh. But I really like this one myself too, that it is based on a circle, so would just use this guys one really...

Come to think of it what i described was a bit like a pantomime, i guess subconsciously i was drawn to it because it now looks a bit like those people who spit flammables onto torches.

The middle section of the A isnt on line with the P and the R, make it stop, waaaaaa.

Back