Finding a proper name and logo :)

with splash of colour

sd33wl.png

10 steps to PERFECTO LOGO

http://www.creativebloq.com/design/10-steps-perfect-logo-7112864

Code:

An effective logo is distinctive, appropriate, practical, graphic, simple in form and conveys an intended message. In its simplest form, a logo is there to identify but to do this effectively it must follow the basic principles of logo design:

A logo must be simple.
A simple logo design allows for easy recognition and allows the logo to be versatile and memorable. Effective logos feature something unexpected or unique without being overdrawn.

A logo must be memorable.
Following closely behind the principle of simplicity is that of memorability. An effective logo design should be memorable and this is achieved by having a simple yet appropriate logo.

A logo must be enduring.
An effective logo should endure the test of time. The logo should be ‘future proof’, meaning that it should still be effective in 10, 20, 50+ years time.

A logo must be versatile.
An effective logo should be able to work across a variety of mediums and applications.

A logo must be appropriate.
How you position the logo should be appropriate for its intended purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another Dragonbox one, with the European style dragon incorporated into the word;

1zx1c2u.png
I like the Logo above a lot.  It would probably over complicate it, but it would be good to see what the above looks like with the last  D-Pad you drew (minus it's small centre dragon) replacing the X (rotated to look like an X)  and a Top view of a Nub replacing the O

Here's another Dragonbox one, with the European style dragon incorporated into the word;

1zx1c2u.png
I like the Logo above a lot.  It would probably over complicate it, but it would be good to see what the above looks like with the last  D-Pad you drew (minus it's small centre dragon) replacing the X (rotated to look like an X)  and a Top view of a Nub replacing the O

lets see an example logo [created by FZero]:

An effective logo is distinctive, appropriate, practical, graphic, simple in form and conveys an intended message. In its simplest form, a logo is there to identify but to do this effectively it must follow the basic principles of logo design:

TEST: FAIL

A logo must be simple.

A simple logo design allows for easy recognition and allows the logo to be versatile and memorable. Effective logos feature something unexpected or unique without being overdrawn.

A logo must be memorable.

Following closely behind the principle of simplicity is that of memorability. An effective logo design should be memorable and this is achieved by having a simple yet appropriate logo.

A logo must be enduring.

An effective logo should endure the test of time. The logo should be ‘future proof’, meaning that it should still be effective in 10, 20, 50+ years time.

A logo must be versatile.

An effective logo should be able to work across a variety of mediums and applications.

A logo must be appropriate.

How you position the logo should be appropriate for its intended purpose.

Of course not every test need to be passed:

For example, only logo thats totally unique will survive and will be connected with proper industry.

Gizmondo_logo.jpg

this is perfect logo

530x650_29460.jpg

and this is perfect as well

Gamepark_GP32-logo-5B923423BC-seeklogo.com.gif

and this isnt..

Make one then aint it CB.

I'm just pissing about with some ideas

Anyway, a logo doesn't have to be anything. Who says this, creativeblog, who are they to dictate eh? :)

Dowatchalike

Make one then aint it CB.

I'm just pissing about with some ideas

Anyway, a logo doesn't have to be anything. Who says this, creativeblog, who are they to dictate eh? :)

Dowatchalike
Its a biz , and if you're in gamebiz industry, the proper logo is few percent of success and will help you a lot with many things like instant recognition from what industry a company pop ups..

dragons, imho [but its my opinion] are from asian fast food industry.. 

@commander-beef

I don't really have an issue with those Logo pointers, however, I have an issue with how you rated F-Zero's logo against those pointers .  It's as if you willy nilly said Fail to everything despite F-Zeros Name/Logo passing most of the tests IMO.

Its only my opinion. I know that creating a logo is time consuming, and i give credit to FZero for his work.

Its nice logo, but DRAGONS doesnt fit properly in GAME INDUSTRY imho. It's is not releated with FZERO in any way. 

He just [imho] started with wrong logo concept.

Just because 'EvilDragon' is a nick name of Michael M. new 'P2' shouldnt be called with prefix/suffix 'Dragon'. I know its natural for some of you, but imho it isnt proper from marketing standpoint..  

If i create a prototype console i shouldnt call it "BeefDrive" or "BeefStation" or "BeefCube". Why? It just doesnt fit well in game industry naming, but it would be perfect for a machine to cut beef for slices for your future kitchen  :D

EDIT:

I'm 100% that OP DE will never be as big as NIKE or ADIDAS so logo should be GAME INDUSTRY RELEATED [tightly]. 

To create proper logo ED needs to decide what split personality for 'P2' will dominate.. is it a LINUX COMPUTER in SSF or Game Device.. ED can do both [like in OP 1].. but it isnt [again] good from business standpoint

tbh I just jumped on the 'dragon' thing as I noticed that 'dragonbox' was being banded around here a fair bit when I see this thread... I cannot think of anything else myself off top of my head, perhaps if I spent some time thinking of names too.

Would be good if ED gave the thumbs up/thumbs down to using 'dragon' at all.

I get what you saying about the Asian connection, which is why I think Kingu suggested clearly using a European styled dragon, showing clearly the wings, but still it does have ties with Asia/China here too.

But, seeing as ED already has his company established, and that is called Dragonbox, it does seem a good idea to me to keep in line with that. Albeit that it's a dragon.

Dragons and gaming links... Dungeons & Dragons, Spiro... :)

Anyways. heres an effort at the above:

First just the dpad flipped as the 'X'

Then with a nub for the 'O'

Then same but toning down the dpad outline to the suit the dragon icon shades

104f328.png

^ Ahhh yes, the last one FZero is what I had in mind, the d-Pad needs to be scaled down a bit to match the size of the other letters, but that's it.   Good job - you have a knack for this

tbh I just jumped on the 'dragon' thing as I noticed that 'dragonbox' was being banded around here a fair bit when I see this thread... I cannot think of anything else myself off top of my head, perhaps if I spent some time thinking of names too.

Would be good if ED gave the thumbs up/thumbs down to using 'dragon' at all.

I get what you saying about the Asian connection, which is why I think Kingu suggested clearly using a European styled dragon, showing clearly the wings, but still it does have ties with Asia/China here too.

But, seeing as ED already has his company established, and that is called Dragonbox, it does seem a good idea to me to keep in line with that. Albeit that it's a dragon.

Dragons and gaming links... Dungeons & Dragons, Spiro... :)

Anyways. heres an effort at the above:

First just the dpad flipped as the 'X'

Then with a nub for the 'O'

Then same but toning down the dpad outline to the suit the dragon icon shades

104f328.png
The DPAD on the end of DraGONBOX is a perfect example of perfect logo for game device..  

everybody will know what this logo means.. and it means PLAYING. And what makes it unique? The 'X' version, generally we have d-pad made [as logo] as a cross-like. 

How do I upload a pic, do I need to load it onto another site first or is there a way to upload a pic directly here?
Click MORE REPLY OPTIONS :D

What do you mean, FaeMinx? Something like this?

pyragon-logo2.png

Anyway, it's just a concept of a logo - someone with more skills than me could make a "real" logo out of it, with a better font and kerning, nicer red "flames" / "hair", etc.

I like that too, second one is better imo with the sharper/cleaner edge lettering,.

Something lowercase 

t7mohh.png

Back