Release Final Countdown

WizardStan said:
Ebay it. Get a second or third (or beyond) batch when you return.
If I'm not mistaken there are 200 P's unsold from the first batch of 4000 (please correct me if I'm wrong). If I were a P's zealot (who else would want to buy a device with such a nice background - pay in advance for the best case estimates), I would have bought one directly from openpandora. It's because the level of uncertainty is high enough even without any ebay-ing involved :( .
I know, it's a small project, and there are few people behind it, and they don't work 24/7 to deliver P's to us simply because they have to earn money for living. But, I think we have to admit, the situation looks awful from the first glance of a stranger. Some times these strangers (simply my friends) ask me where my Pandora is. They can't understand the the reason to pay for the promises that are changed for other promises as time passes by. Needless to say I'm not happy with the blog post. And passages about "hey, I've been doing other things" just don't cut it any more. If this promise is broken, I will request a refund. I don't care if it was the best case prediction or not - I don't even want to know the worst case scenario.
EDIT: typo

Last edited by a moderator:
'gp2.eXe' said:
Again, best case they said around 6-8 weeks later.
Welcome BTW. :)
Thanks, it would be great having my pandora for the summer holidays !

looks like it guessing game part III

Hopefully I'll get a pandora before my birthday - midu June 2009

'PoisonedV' said:
looks like i wont be getting mine before my birthday. in 2010.
if you ordered from the second batch already :p
dont be like that ;)

If I ordered in February, where does that place me?

First 500, Second 500, etc.. Not to mention Im in teh USA, so I guess I wont be the first to get mines...

Id be happy just getting mines before/early summer so I have something to do and i can make it look kewl and be an arrogant show-off when school comes aroud

It's a nice update, really!
I sure hope for negativ delays though (negative number of days)! I also regret not ordering from the beginning. I ordered one of those left-overs... Anyway, I do not quite believe in estimations, but more in the progress. We should be counting the advance in the finishing of the Pandora, not the days.

Oooh, I hope I'm one of the first 500 but it doesn't matter. Maybe I'll get it on my bday in June. Good to know that we'll have the Pandora in our hands in just a couple months.

@Devs/Chip,

Besides the half dozen Rev3 board prototypes, will there still be extensive testing on the first 100 produced to troubleshoot mass production as mentioned a ways back? Just curious, thanks for the news, sorry to pry with this ?

Link

'Mjlink' said:
@Devs/Chip,

Besides the half dozen Rev3 board prototypes, will there still be extensive testing on the first 100 produced to troubleshoot mass production as mentioned a ways back? Just curious, thanks for the news, sorry to pry with this ?

Link
Yes, on the first 500 for sure - and on the other ones if a lot of those first 500 do fail (which hopefully shouldn't happen).

Last edited:
There is a question that has been on my mind for a while, can the pandoras be shipped to Canada without the FCC or will Canadians like me have to wait until the FCC is dealt with??

'WolfpacK' said:
There is a question that has been on my mind for a while, can the pandoras be shipped to Canada without the FCC or will Canadians like me have to wait until the FCC is dealt with??
They do not actually _have_ to do FCC testing at all, since they are not an American company. They may want to get it out of the way before they start shipping, but it is at least conceivable that the first units could be shipped without it. Or at least, that is what those of us who are in the first 500 (maybe, I have no idea really) would hope. ;)

I see that the Final Countdown does not mention the TV out cable production, as mentioned in the German site article.

Does that mean that the production was completed between EvilDragon posting the original in German, and his translation into English ?
or are we being censored on information regarding the TV cable ? :D

The case is mentioned though ,( but I didn't feel the need to order a case, as I felt the TV out cable would be money better spent )
Just a minor gripe, I guess we should be thankful for a translation at all.

'HaCo' said:
Did anyone see the carrying case for the pandora, or maybe a description of how it will work? Will it be something that can be opened and where the pandora can be used when it is in it? Somehting like this: http://www.noreveaustralia.com/images/etui...ndo_ds_case.jpg
Interesting case! I'd love to see the Pandora carry case as I've ordered one "on faith". When we enquired if the GP32X F200 case would provide substantial protection for the device - whether it was worth it, basically - we were assurred that it would do/be, and that advise was entirely correct. So I hope that the Pandora case will be at least as good.

Ta

Back