Faster delivery/upgrade - Craig's orders

As Buddy from the Incredibles might say, if everybody upgraded, would that mean that nobody upgraded?

I'm just wondering if it is actually worth me upgrading or not? Is there anyway of knowing the proportion of upgrades to non-upgrades?
Seeing how unreliable the delivery estimation is, there's no way to know when you'll get your Pandora either way. Maybe you'll be able to get it sooner by upgrading, maybe not. It's more about wanting to support the project and accepting to pay a higher price for your Pandora.

Personally I won't upgrade, because I was sold a €300 Pandora (+ accessories and shipping) and I'm not willing to spend more (especially after a 2 3 years wait). But I thank those who did (and do) help OpenPandora survive what it went through.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig,

I filled in EDs webform and money hasn't exchanged hands.. should I pay you now?

For the sake of clarity I would like to re-cap please confirm/deny.

Those of us that registered for an upgrade from ED will be getting a unit "soon" we may either pay you now so that you are not flooded or when we get our Email from ED.

P.S. I can certainly appreciate your desire to remain more conservative. Less information delivered = managed expectations and fewer hurt feelings if things don't work out. I do it all the time ;)

Looks like I might finally receive my unit from January 2009. *prepares SD*

I'd be nice if I had the option to take advantage of this, but so far I've not been able to contact Craig either by email or by PM, so as it stands an upgrade would get sent to the wrong place.

Just payd the uppgrade 84£ plus an additional 16£ to support the project :)

Didn´t really understand if I should pay now or wait for an email notification but I really want my Pandora so...

I'd be nice if I had the option to take advantage of this, but so far I've not been able to contact Craig either by email or by PM, so as it stands an upgrade would get sent to the wrong place.

Yeah that's why I am not going to upgrade. Craig claims to have months of backlog in emails, which the last email I sent him was about 6 months ago and still hasn't been replied too. Yet now thinks he can process emails/orders in a timely fashion. I just don't trust his shop to be able to do it.

Craig claims to have months of backlog in emails, which the last email I sent him was about 6 months ago and still hasn't been replied too.

Craig says he has no email backlog (see ), so I assume he's right and google mail or his email scanners think we're scammers, even though I've emailed him in the past and his company has replied to me. I also PMed him, but so far he's not read that.

Yeah that's why I am not going to upgrade. Craig claims to have months of backlog in emails, which the last email I sent him was about 6 months ago and still hasn't been replied too. Yet now thinks he can process emails/orders in a timely fashion. I just don't trust his shop to be able to do it.

I've just received a reply today to an email I sent last night. The email I sent was sort of a repeat of the email I sent half a year ago and never got a response to. The difference was that this time I included my order number in the subject line, rather than just in the message. Just in case anyone hasn't been doing this, try it!

I had my order number in the email subject (but only in the body in the PM). But I'll email again tomorrow when I'm next at a computer. I just don't want to spam him - last email was only just over a month ago.

Just to tell, I sent a mail to Craig yesterday night asking about the upgrade, and today I have the reply from Jacquelyn... I didn't include the order number in the subject, it was only in the body, anyway they always replied to my mails, I just had to wait one to three days.

Unfortunately I didn't get round to sending an email today.

I always got a reply from Craig's crew if I was offering money. I'm now just trying to organise delivery for stuff I've already paid for.

Hm, didn't receive any confirmation nor email after I made the payment.

Wondering if I should send a PM or email instead.

Hi Craig, i ordered at your shop in June 2010. I asked a few times after payment for the status, but I didn't receive an answer. My order number is 25SWN1710WSB, can you tell me when I will get my Pandora? Because I don't know how long, and so I don't upgrade... Thank You in Advance
You will get it as soon as we get it from Germany to ship it.
Hi Craig, i ordered at your shop in June 2010. I asked a few times after payment for the status, but I didn't receive an answer. My order number is 25SWN1710WSB, can you tell me when I will get my Pandora? Because I don't know how long, and so I don't upgrade... Thank You in Advance
I feel the same. Sadly I expect we will not get this information. But it would be a better motivation to do the upgrade if we knew the estimated delivery dates with or without upgrading. However, about your order - dont hold your breath waiting for it. I ordered 16-march-2009 from the same place and I still havent heard anything.
Currently it isn't possible to make a decent estimation aside from 'You will get it this year'. I'd love to say 2months but these days I'm much more reserved about it all.

I understand its hard to give delivery dates when there are so many unknown factors.

But if there was made a summary that looked something like this I think most people would find it exact enaugh for now

Example:

Currently we are about to supply orders made in january 2009, as well as some upgraded orders

Short order statistic:

From january to march 2009 there was orders for xxx numbers of pandoras

march to june 2009, xxx orders

july to sept xxx pandoras

after this xxx numbers.

Currently there are upgraded orders on xxx numbers or pandoras, and for now this equals a shipping ratio of x upgraded orders per original order.

This would give everybody a good overwiev about their personal status. And then when we get the production status updates, every one can be able to do the math and calculate and expected delivery scope for their order.

Alright, got a response from Jacquelyn, which went into my spam folder (of my other email account), on the day that I made payment :unsure:

So I'm number 30 in the updated queue eh? Can't wait.

Jacquelyn replies pretty much straight away.. Id assume if she isn't sleeping, you'll hear from her

Back