Even more to see here (now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thangs for the Answer, i think i will take a look on my Power Supply when im at home, it should be at least 2A, but maybe its more..
I think my smal 6000mah Powerbank would be a bit small for every day use, i would rather use this to keep my Smartphone alive..
But if i need some extra Power for the Pyra, for some Office Work, i think its should work quite good..

I also have a 26.000 mah Powerbank, thats for when im more than one day far from the last Wall Power Plug..

Reactions: rSl
Levi's gotta be right in that my phrasing must be off by miles. Though I could swear, that my question logically breaks down to: Can the button-press-state of a hardcoded choice of button in the moment of making the connection with a charger be determined, so that one can decide on said state, which of two hardcoded limits is to be set, and set it?
I really don't get, why everyone insists on misinterpretting my asking as me demanding something. (Other than that a question asked obviously is a request for some answer.)

@docbroke Nah, the only thing from German law, I could readily recite, would be "A human's dignity is untouchable."

It's just, that I deeply detest misunderstandings, which is why I tend to get specific - especially, when I notice, I've fucked up in this regard.
The other thing relevant here, I do get offended, when someone gets the notion, I might be a Donald Trump, and chooses to act on it. I find that undignifying.
I can see how such a notion might rise from how I phrased my question, but if I'm at the receiving end of such a sitution, I prefer to just directly answer the question given and ignore that notion, for:
- I might have gotten it wrong
- and the suspected ignorant, demanding submessage would neither deserve respect nor to be acknowledged.

I might have gotten wrong, how my question was received, but I'm pretty confident, that some subtext was suspected, since things got answered - not among them the explicit question I had phrased.

Can the button-press-state of a hardcoded choice of button in the moment of making the connection with a charger be determined, so that one can decide on said state, which of two hardcoded limits is to be set, and set it?
Yes.

Is that what you were looking for?

Concerning the min max voltage configuration discussion from the last page, on the Pandora it was possible to set the maximum and minimum charge percentages, which at one point I only set my unit to charge to 80% before stopping. Using such percentages seemed simpler to me, although it depends on the battery charge software having the right idea what 0% and 100% are in terms of voltages, I guess.

I like to make myself belief, I treat my batteries exemplarily. Would it be feasable to make it charge at 1 A normally, but at 2 A when one presses some button while connecting the hot wire? If not, nevermind.

As T.T. said, 2A is 0.333C for a 6Ah battery and LiPo cells max charge rate is usually 1C-2C, so by charging it at 2A you are already treating it exemplarily.

Also keep in mind that these batteries usually have a life of between 150-300 cycles, so regardless of how well you treat it sooner or later you will have to replace it. :)

A tutorial about replacing the cells may come handy then...

Concerning the min max voltage configuration discussion from the last page, on the Pandora it was possible to set the maximum and minimum charge percentages, which at one point I only set my unit to charge to 80% before stopping. Using such percentages seemed simpler to me, although it depends on the battery charge software having the right idea what 0% and 100% are in terms of voltages, I guess.

I don't know about the Pyra's charge IC, but most modern charge controllers meant for embedded devices do what's called Coulomb counting. Basically, instead of relying on the battery voltage as a measure of its charge percantage, it counts the current flowing to and from the battery. This gives more reliable percentage. Now, if I had to guess, the charge IC probably reports the charge percentage, as well as the current voltage reading. If this information is available, then we'd probably be able to set charging rules based on the charge percentage, or the voltage.

For reference the Pandora had a BQ27500DRZR-V120(G4) from TI. The Pyra has a BQ274297RGE according to the schematic, which is also a TI part. The datasheet for the latter part that I've now found uses a trademarked technology called Impedance Tracking (TM) but the simplified schematic at the bottom of the first page shows a coulomb counter as well as an ADC to read the voltage.

By comparison, the datasheet I've found for the pandora charge chip list it having a voltage sense and current sense components, but I think it's directly comparable to the Pyra part. News to me but the thing that connects to the middle pin (the T pin) measures the battery temperature.

Reactions: rSl
At least the Pyra should be a bit easyr to recharge than the Pandora,
You need just a USB Port (Powerbank, Smartphone Charger) and a USB C (??) Cable,
Unlike the Pandora where you need the Charger of a Discontinued Handheld (PSP)..

No USB C ??, then i should consider to cancel, dit everybody know wheres my ordernumber ??

Tzz Micro USB, thats so 2000thes..

(Just a Joke, Micro USB is fine)..

This small HDMI Port, is this the same as on the GPD Win ??, because i would like to use the Cable for my Pyra as Desctop PC Project..

No, the Pandora was the PSP Charger, or the Pandora Charger EvilDragon sell in his shop (which should be also a Thirdparty PSP Charger)

Mini USB is too slow, and i ditnt even had luck to use one..

No, the Pandora was the PSP Charger, or the Pandora Charger EvilDragon sell in his shop (which should be also a Thirdparty PSP Charger)

Mini USB is too slow, and i ditnt even had luck to use one..
I could charge on Mini-USB on all three of my Pandori, but like you said, slow. It seem to depend on plugging into the right USB charger port at times too...

I was planing to use my Pandora as a "Booth" PC on a Beeceeper Convention, whit Mouse, Bluetooth Keyboard, and Pandora charged whit a Powerbank, ditnt work for me as i dintnt got the right cable..
maybe if i had the time to figure out which port is for charging, it would work..

Also: I ditnt had the need for the charging to be quick, as my Pandora runs quite slow just for Office Work..

Whit the Pyra, i have the right Cable allready in my Pocket, i have a Rollable Micro USB Cable whit Adapters for Lightning and USB C..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back