Even more to see here (now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is what you think they are.
What Toastbucket and Grench wrote, is what (nearly) everyone else thing they are.

Personally I don`t give a damn what Grench, you or anybody else of the usual suspects says,
All I care is the TRUTH, and the FACTS, and sometimes, some of you guys are unable to accept the TRUTH and the FACTS. :)

As far as I can see there can be two main reasons for that:
- maybe some of you are completely delusional
- some of you are investors on damage control

Most of the time I can understand the situation and I am OK with that,
but sometimes is really annoying when any form of criticism is suffocated with the same old arguments from years ago.

As you can see I didn't cancel my pre-order, even I will be more then happy to get a unit from later batch or revision in order to avoid any early production unit issues.
[doublepost=1569630167,1569629412][/doublepost]
Just shut your pihole.
Your _critiques_ are just an annoying repeating of the obvious known.
Its wasting everyones time and, even worse, spoils the fun for those who do actual work.
How the fuck are people supposed to enjoy their hobby if you keep nagging that everything is bullshit?

Are you from the delusional crowd or from the investors ?
Never mind, don`t answer me :)

@ThinkPad Ever heard of intrinsic motivation? If not, you should read up on it.
Watching from the sidelines, I get the picture: Being aware - on some level or another - that we live in a society that undermines and deminishes IM on every occasion, a lot of people here experience delight in seeing ED putting precious IM on display and keeping at it like a pitbull.
Then they see you come around suckerpunch our beloved busy bee and, understandably, get upset about it. As do I, btw.

If someone driven by IM - which is an engine like no other - wastes time and resources due to a lack of competence, you take them down a peg or two so they get some time to realize, there's a need to learn and to hone skills first. Otherwise it's just a dick move, that destroys morale for no good reason.

I understand, you stand somewhere else than ED regarding the tradeoff between high standards and time investment? Could you just state that fact, and that you'd rather had your Pyra earlier rather than more polished, or something?

My thinking is that no paint is better, because it gives environmental points, less costly, nothing goes wrong, and quicker.

Btw, am I the only one who likes the CNC marks on the underside?

Actually, I would just as soon as have had the CNC marks as they naturally occur on all of the surfaces. Talk about an easy way to blend in the plastic flow markings... would have been brilliant in retrospect.
[doublepost=1569636059,1569635605][/doublepost]
(Havent watched the video but I'm guessing more delays)

So, you don't care about the actual news, you're just here to shovel excrement. OK.

For the rest of you that haven't watched ED's new video, please do. Lots of swordsplay from a master with his blade, four interesting examples of Pantone colors with three of them resulting in, 'as expected' results and one that resulted in a... Check boxes are checked and exhibits shown. Don't miss it, unless of course you'd rather ignore it and spout on about things you don't have a clue about.

As far as I can see there can be two main reasons for that:
- maybe some of you are completely delusional
- some of you are investors on damage control
I don’t think you quite understand how this works. YOU are the investor. This is not a PlayStation or MacBook. This is just a guy with an idea who found a community interested enough to contribute to help make it happen, whether it’s upfront payments or volunteer engineering or both. If you don’t realize that that is the situation, then you didn’t read the normal sized print (note that this was not a fine print detail).

And to be completely honest, the Pyra is going significantly more smoothly than the Pandora. I would know as well, I’m one of those unfortunate souls whose money Craig stole. Particularly after that incident, I really admire ED for powering through and even going for round two and starting the Pyra project. I also admire the community for recognizing what happened and everything ED did which was in his power to right the wrong of another person. This project is about seeing what we can do as a community and what we can pull off working together.

Actually, I would just as soon as have had the CNC marks as they naturally occur on all of the surfaces. Talk about an easy way to blend in the plastic flow markings... would have been brilliant in retrospect.
[doublepost=1569636059,1569635605][/doublepost]

So, you don't care about the actual news, you're just here to shovel excrement. OK.

For the rest of you that haven't watched ED's new video, please do. Lots of swordsplay from a master with his blade, four interesting examples of Pantone colors with three of them resulting in, 'as expected' results and one that resulted in a... Check boxes are checked and exhibits shown. Don't miss it, unless of course you'd rather ignore it and spout on about things you don't have a clue about.

Two words for you. They start with F and U.

Go back to your awaiting prototype thread and acting like you are some genius with bs ideas...yeah nobody thought of those before :eyeroll:

Fundamental BS about all these claims of "delay" . FACT. a thing can not be delayed when ther never was a date specified for completion. ED has always said it will be ready when its ready. so STFU with all this delay talk. it isnt helping anyone.

Hhmm, I love my morning watermelon with some Pyra news and Pyra drama.

Now that feature creep has been mentioned, is it too late to add USB-C and a camera?
I mean, who needs a pic of my ugly mug. However, usb c would rule. Even just usbc with 2.0.

Next mobo revision then.

Come on people. Ed is making the Pyra by himself. He took on the Pandora project and saved it from Craig for all of us. He's not a multimillion-dollar company. Of course, there will be delays and problems with the Pyra, but Ed is no Craig so I have trust in him to get it to the finish line and deliver to all of us. He hasn't put a gun to anyone's head to force you to support the Pyra project. If anyone doesn't like the Pyra making process, you can always pull out. But please be respectful to each other. My $0.02.

but sometimes is really annoying when any form of criticism is suffocated with the same old arguments from years ago

The arguments are the same simply because the criticisms are the same.

We are all are or have been frustrated by some aspect of the project at some time, not least of all @ED, who has shed blood, sweat and tears for us to deliver this for us, and also to try to assuage majority views on the Pyra's development (no easy task). What most of the community do here is refrain from needless finger-pointing and even more needless regurgitation of old criticisms.

The words "mass production" have now been uttered, and motions are in place to make it happen as soon as possible. This is all we need to know.

The words "mass production" have now been uttered, and motions are in place to make it happen as soon as possible. This is all we need to know.
Not quite as soon as possible. It's possible to make at least 520 units in about three weeks time, but instead ED is waiting to see if ToastBucket can fix the charging situation for a booted up unit; you need a configurable driver to control that AIUI.

I don't disagree with the intent of your post, but I just feel it's advisable not to over promise in these situations. And I don't immediately see what's stopping him sending out the units to the prototype users as soon as he gets the keymats other than frustration and remaining ennui.

I think its natural and acceptable to be frustrated with the pyra project and the hiccups/delays. Its been a long road but I always trusted ed to get it done.

I simply stopped frequenting the boards much; only checking in for eds news posts from time to time. Out of sight out of mind.

Soon we will have mass production, painted or not.

I think its natural and acceptable to be frustrated with the pyra project and the hiccups/delays. Its been a long road but I always trusted ed to get it done.

I simply stopped frequenting the boards much; only checking in for eds news posts from time to time. Out of sight out of mind.

Soon we will have mass production, painted or not.
athat's where I was till recently. Stopped in every once in a while, trusted the, fanatics, to get it right, and didn't really take part. Now its close, so I read all new post, at least once every other day, to try and catch up as it were,

Reactions: rSl
I stopped frequenting these boards during the time of the 'what's your order number?' monster, but ED's handling things a lot more responsibly. I find I can wait a month and a bit for news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back