Even more to see here (now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't use it everyday but it is still my travel console of choice. With such good psone emulation it means I finally get some time to play the likes of Final Fantasy VII. Almost completed it, will finish on this August's holiday!

I don't use it everyday but it is still my travel console of choice. With such good psone emulation it means I finally get some time to play the likes of Final Fantasy VII. Almost completed it, will finish on this August's holiday!

Above all others, this is the one game I'm really hope I can play on the Pyra. If I could play Diablo and Baldur's Gate too then that's probably about all I would need to have game-wise (other than any homebrew stuff)

Diablo II, PFBA, Streets of Rage Remake and the random need to log in remotely to my home network has me using my Pandora almost every day.

Played Baldur's Gate through originally on my original xbox, bit didn't like the ending where , might give 2 another look sometime.

Edit - fixed spoiler

Last edited:
Well as mentioned bevore, my Pandora gets carryd around every day in my Pocket, i have big pockets and many in this pants, so its dosnt make any diverence,
I ditnt use it much these days, because i also carry a Ebook Reader in my Pocket, but it gets some Work hear and there as a small Office PC to show some Exel Files or something, or to play a bit whit the PSX or Gameboy Emulator..

In its early days, when i ditnt had a Smartphone, my Pandora was also used for Surfing the Internet at free Hotspots like Mc Donalds, which worked pretty good whit Firefox,

Im Planing to use my Pyra much more, as my Main Work PC at Home, as a Mobile Work Station, also for Emulation and Game Ports,

Use Netsurf :p

I totally would. But pale moon has addon that automatically resizes the screen so there is no left/right scrolling. Last I checked netsurf didn't have anything similar.

I know it isn't likely, but fingers crossed for gamecube emulation on pyra.

And the fact that the Pyra lacks proper shoulder buttons.
Well, A former professional gamer kept on tweaking the shoulder buttons until they felt good both for him, and also for ED. They might not be on par with those of standalone controller, but I guess we should wait for a comparison until they were used in actual game play.

Yay, shoulder buttons that actually FEEL like shoulder buttons. That's something refreshing :)

I think he meant that the Pyra doesn’t have analogue, „pressure sensitive“ shoulder buttons. In Mario Sunshine for example you can’t move when the shoulder button is pressed down completely I think.

People speedrun games blindfolded. Just get good.

Jokes aside, I'm now kind of curious how well the OMAP5 would handle Dolphin without graphics... but then I remembered that the ARM dynarec is 64-bit only (and Android only? not sure). Uh... play with Null graphics backend and interpreter. I solved everything!

Can someone provide a short status update, please? Is the case finished? And if yes, why is there no mass production?

I think he meant that the Pyra doesn’t have analogue, „pressure sensitive“ shoulder buttons. In Mario Sunshine for example you can’t move when the shoulder button is pressed down completely I think.
Precisely. Mario Sunshine and Melee both use the analog-ness of the shoulder buttons.

Maybe it is possible to use one shoulder button for a halfway press and the other for a complete press. But if doing that then there would be no shoulder button left for the Z button. The best way to solve this IMO would be to assign one button for a half-way press and another for a full press and make it so that using both buttons at the same time counts as a Z press. This solution is not as good as the GC controller since it still only allows 2 depths for pressing the shoulder buttons and the Z button may be uncomfortable to press this way but it may be the best the Pyra can do, assuming that it can handle GC emulation. But would Dolphin allow such a control scheme?

Last edited:
Can someone provide a short status update, please? Is the case finished? And if yes, why is there no mass production?
The case is finished, the company is currently closed until early September.
They received the materials we've chosen for case testruns now and will do that when they reopen.

Then the proper material is being ordered for mass production.

In the meantime, Global Components is waiting for parts and we're also waiting for the mass produced keymats to arrive.

Nice to see the hole thing getting together. I don't know, if I will be able to pay for the other half of the Pyra when it arraves, but I'm still holding on to my preorder. :D

They received the materials we've chosen for case testruns now and will do that when they reopen.

Then the proper material is being ordered for mass production.

In the meantime, Global Components is waiting for parts and we're also waiting for the mass produced keymats to arrive.
September? :) In time for my birthday at the end of the month, I know I won't be getting one then because I'm order 1000 something but knowing there's probably going to be some final units in the wild will be a great birthday gift! :)
[doublepost=1565970883,1565970517][/doublepost]
Precisely. Mario Sunshine and Melee both use the analog-ness of the shoulder buttons.

Maybe it is possible to use one shoulder button for a halfway press and the other for a complete press. But if doing that then there would be no shoulder button left for the Z button. The best way to solve this IMO would be to assign one button for a half-way press and another for a full press and make it so that using both buttons at the same time counts as a Z press. This solution is not as good as the GC controller since it still only allows 2 depths for pressing the shoulder buttons and the Z button may be uncomfortable to press this way but it may be the best the Pyra can do, assuming that it can handle GC emulation. But would Dolphin allow such a control scheme?

Personally I just use a real controller hooked into a WiiU adapter. AFAIK they're still in the wild I got mine last year at a local game reseller. Is Microplay (Patent company: Le SuperClub Vidéotron Ltée) a thing for you guys?

Are many companies completely closed during this time in greece? I can imagine it's hard to do business with greek companies if they decide to close during the hot summer days. I don't know any other country where they do that stuff Which company can afford that? Pretty inconvinient from the customers side imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back