Even more to see here (now)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-pre order units (first 200) are numbered, that's why they're held back if you don't complete the full order. All other pre-order units are a commodity and just go to the first one finishing their full order (after invited to do so of course).
Are we being invited to do it one by one? Or do I have to hawk these forums for another couple years. Part of the fun is the wait but I’ll be pissed if I ordered at a reasonable time in 2016 but fall behind because I missed some post here.

EvilDragon stated in the last post that you'll receive an email when it's time to complete your order. You should be fine as long as you still use the same email address.

To be clear, I have an order confirmation email with “Pyra Preorder (Standard Edition, 4GB RAM)” in there as the item. I thought I was all set. Is there some other step introduced, or are you talking about one that came before? Please don’t make this any more confusing, I really would’ve rather just given you the full amount and been able to put it from mind.
You still haven't paid the full amount. The full amounts have always been listed on the shop page, and unless you've taken extra steps they you haven't paid that yet:
* Pyra Standard Edition, 4GB RAM: 529,41 EUR without VAT (=630 EUR incl. VAT)

@Matzezu I doubt there'll be a special pyra page for you. Just the existing ones with the prices updated (or maybe they'll be new ones and the old preorder pages hidden, but that's an implementation detail) where you can use your vouchers against the full price.

Maybe it’s not set yet how to make this Order Thing as it’s more important at the time to make the Pyra happen,
Whitout Pyra you ditnt need to know how to order

But if I don’t fulfill my Preepreeorder??
Im Number 28, so all Orders after this will have to wait ..
Luckily that is not the case. Imagine some poor fool who misses his e-mail and then a few days later he has an angry mob of Pyra (pre-)pre-orderers standing in front of his house with torches and pitchforks chanting "WHERE IS OUR PYRA".

Anyway are there advantages to having a pre-pre-order over having a pre-order besides numbering and less waiting? And are the pre-pre-orders getting a prototype?

Anyway are there advantages of having a pre-pre-order over having a pre-order besides numbering and less waiting? And are the pre-pre-orders getting a prototype?
Not really. We received a numbered and signed bare PCB back in 2016, but other than that it's just a matter of spreading the cost a little more over time.

There were, I think, 8 prototype orders opened up at the same time, and they should be getting their units a little earlier and a little more broken (though hopefully only in terms of software) for the price of a few thousand euro. There's still to this day only the one known prototype orderer, so it's still a bit of a mystery where the other 7 or so are going, but we thank them all for their commitment to the project.

Anyway are there advantages of having a pre-pre-order over having a pre-order besides numbering and less waiting? And are the pre-pre-orders getting a prototype?
We got an EvilDragon Signed PCB with the number of our order on it. Well there are a few people that spent about double the price of the Pyra to get a Prototype unit.

Curious, what color would you call this?
Amethyst ?

Your mention of "granite" makes me think of these :
keyboard.jpg

Anyone still okay for "light beige" or "off white" ? :p

We got an EvilDragon Signed PCB with the number of our order on it. Well there are a few people that spent about double the price of the Pyra to get a Prototype unit.
With shipping mine was right around $1700 US. Prototype orders did not get a signed board.

Not yet. But you don't know what will come in the shipping box when your prototype finally arrives!
I've been asking for one of the 'work in progress' unusable keymats (preferably without gel caps) that I can put in a frame and hang on my wall. I was rather involved in the keyboard layout saga. Maybe?

@azouls, one quick question... I was wondering if the transparent plastic that's going to be used for the cases could be dye? Like in this video:

@azouls, one quick question... I was wondering if the transparent plastic that's going to be used for the cases could be dye? Like in this video:

I had seen the video and is very cool. It seems the item they are using is PC (Not sure though ) so i think it is possible to do it.PC melting point is around 145c in case you were wondering . By the way the Pyra aint goin to be Transparent . Transparent pyra helped us to realize were the problems are .With ED here we choose some Dark Red Color , Dark Blue and Dark Grey that we had order Samples from Plastika Kritis S.A. Of corse i can produce Transparent ones too if there is an order cause changing colors on a machine is expensive and takes time to clean.

I feel like it might look really cool with that dark red as the main case colour, but dark grey as the screen surround.

It is hard to imagine without actually seeing it. most screens aren't colour calibrated, and I feel those pantones will likely appear darker in reality to how they look to me. I really like the level of saturation though; not so vivid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back