"estimated" Release Date

Would you rather wait for a completely working pandora or not?

• Yes! I need fully working wifi!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, the updates will do.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

an honesty and an attention to detail that confirm, to me, the quality I can expect when the package eventually arrives.
I agree Monk. The only thing I have never felt confident about is that there is really coordination between all the different players. Maybe that is what ED is trying to do. If so, good show. I get the sense that all the devs are just like us, waiting for updates. That is a good way to inject additional time into the process.

Last edited by a moderator:
get a move on for heavens sake

at this rate by the time the second batch is ready for me to order from ill have better graphical capabilitiy on my mobile

at this rate by the time the second batch is ready for me to order from ill have better graphical capabilitiy on my mobile

you're to late. the new iPhone 3GS is almost as powerful as the pandora.

the pandora still owns the iphone becouse it got every control button you want, and its open.
besides, i think craig and ED are working their asses of already.

No need to be rude.

Btw, Why would you need a device like the Pandora (with a keyboard) ?, When it seems like you can`t even use the keyboard you currently have properly ?.

Oh!, And here`s a few punctuation marks (,,,,,.....) for you to use as you wish.

Trooper

If only I could find a mobile that ran Linux and was fully programmable, I would get one of those instead.
No amount of graphics is worth it if I can't use it myself. <_<

Openmoko?
Hell, my £5 worth of phone runs linux. It's a laggy bitch though :p
That's not the one with the 2-hours battery and unusable GUI, is it? I was hoping something like Nokia, they seem to be interested in open source.

for you to use as you wish.
Talk about eye for an eye. Let's all just start fist-fighting and get it over with. :(
Bah, fist-fighting is a waste of time. Let's declare a philosophical war on each other. I'll fight for no patents or copyrights!

Oh!, And here`s a few punctuation marks (,,,,,....."] for you to use as you wish.
Talk about eye for an eye. Let's all just start fist-fighting and get it over with. :(
Bah, fist-fighting is a waste of time. Let's declare a philosophical war on each other. I'll fight for no patents or copyrights!
Nonsense, if you people don't stop, I'm going to declare shenanigans on y'all.[/quote]Plus, if there's going to be fisticuffs, it's going to be kung fu fighting.

As far as the waiting goes, this isn't nearly as bad as earlier in the year when we had no idea where things were at.

Well after reading the blog stating that the first 100 boards would be mass produced at the earliest of July 13th, I can pretty much bet it wont come until at LEAST september. I think this estimate could be optimistic.

Oh!, And here`s a few punctuation marks (,,,,,....."] for you to use as you wish.
Nonsense, if you people don't stop, I'm going to declare shenanigans on y'all.
Plus, if there's going to be fisticuffs, it's going to be kung fu fighting.

As far as the waiting goes, this isn't nearly as bad as earlier in the year when we had no idea where things were at.[/quote]What!?! Kung Fu fight and no one invited me!!! Right - who's up for testing my Bak mei stance!

On June 6, we're told by one of the project primaries that the device will ship in July.

On June 12, we're told by another of the project primaries that the device will ship no sooner than ~60 days.

This shows rather poor communications between members of the project, and is extremely unprofessional.

I think that CraigX needs to respond as to why he said July, and why he was so wrong - unless the new information is wrong, and why that may be.

On June 6, we're told by one of the project primaries that the device will ship in July.

On June 12, we're told by another of the project primaries that the device will ship no sooner than ~60 days.

This shows rather poor communications between members of the project, and is extremely unprofessional.

I think that CraigX needs to respond as to why he said July, and why he was so wrong - unless the new information is wrong, and why that may be.
Well, the problem is: We might be unprofessional in many ways (well, that's normal for such a huge project which we started with few experience) but we're not that unprofessional here: I already stated somewhere at the other thread of this board where the July did come from...

You might say "Okay, but posting that information on the boards somewhere is not professional", but on the other hand, craig also only posted the July in some other threads of the boards.

The OFFICIAL information has ALWAYS been at the OpenPandora.org website. All information here MIGHT be right, but it might also just be estimations (based on all the info we have while we post).

So if you want to know FOR SURE what the status is, read the website. If you want up-to-date (but instable ;)) news, read the boards here. But please don't nail us down for anything we say here, as some things can change within a few hours. One problem more could lead to a few weeks of more delay... so from one day to the next, there can be an update :)

Last edited:
OMG!

All you impatient buggars can STFU or get a refund.

Everyone knew this was one of a kind project. Go and get a DSI or PSPgo if you want definite release dates.

Cut ED and Craig some slack - try and picture yourself in their shoes. How is trying to put a guilt trip on ED/Craig/Fatih/MWeston going to help to the Pandora to be released any earlier? Are they professional businessmen? (no offense guys :) ) They are normal guys who are trying to release something awesome - let them do it!

89% of people who have ordered a Pandora are willing to wait, I dont think ED and Craig should lose anymore sleep over the 11% who cant stop moaning (and that 11% shall surely be made up when the Pandora arrives).

If you want carry on playing the "poor consumer" role, do everyone a favor and get a refund and take your bitching somewhere else, the forum is full of whining threads and I'm sick of seeing them.

*takes deep breath*

I'm sure that when the Pandora is released, the people who couldn't handle it and got a refund would be long forgotten.....

I don't think getting business will be an issue once the Pandora comes out.

If you want carry on playing the "poor consumer" role, do everyone a favor and get a refund and take your bitching somewhere else, the forum is full of whining threads and I'm sick of seeing them.
Please ask ED or craigix if they want/can refund 11% of the orders before giving this inane advice.

No no no no no. You cannot justify the head of the project posting deliberately misleading information on a public forum by simply saying that we shouldn't believe it anyway.

Craig dips into a thread he likes, makes wildly inaccurate predictions that he can't possibly justify, and as soon as the backlash begins he disappears without a trace feeling no need to answer the criticisms.

Perhaps he should pursue a career in politics..?

Back