Quick Question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might want to consider the fact that the original reason why they didn't allow pre-orders by credit card (after the whole bank fiasco) is that they would be locked out of the money for security reasons if they took too many orders via credit card. They're probably just allowing people who couldn't re-order without credit card ordering to order. That doesn't mean that everyone can order one via credit card, and assuming that this is the case, they'd want that post to be taken down so that the people trying to re-order via credit card wouldn't lose their chance to order AGAIN because of other people making their first orders and fucking things up.

I agree that a PM to the OP of the deleted thread would have been a good idea, but don't cry wolf before actually THINKING about the situation. I mean, this is a TOTALLY logical conclusion that you obviously didn't spend even 10 seconds to come up with before calling conspiracy.

The Pandora is based on technology salvaged from an alien spacecraft the government denies crash landed in 1947.

Vorporeal posted on May 21 2009 at 03:57 AM) You might want to consider the fact that the original reason why they didn't allow pre-orders by credit card (after the whole bank fiasco said:
is that they would be locked out of the money for security reasons if they took too many orders via credit card. They're probably just allowing people who couldn't re-order without credit card ordering to order. That doesn't mean that everyone can order one via credit card, and assuming that this is the case, they'd want that post to be taken down so that the people trying to re-order via credit card wouldn't lose their chance to order AGAIN because of other people making their first orders and fucking things up.

I agree that a PM to the OP of the deleted thread would have been a good idea, but don't cry wolf before actually THINKING about the situation. I mean, this is a TOTALLY logical conclusion that you obviously didn't spend even 10 seconds to come up with before calling conspiracy.
Of course that is a logical conclusion, but in that case, why not just say so, rather than disappearing the thread completely?

No one has really suggested anything that could be called a "conspiracy," just overzealous moderation (you could even say... "immoderate"). :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been my experience with most forums that a mod will delete anything he sees as possibly creating a bad situation, not always because he's baised or an ass (it happens they are still human). They simply see it as causing an issue of missunderstanding and rather than deal with the insuing shitstorm they sqush it quick.

Someone posting an email about open orders could not only cause people to complain about order timelines but also create a rush on the ordering process that that the system isnt prepared for.

So while I think maybe it's a situation of poor sensitivity, which happens in this thing we call life, it's unlikely that it was somekind conspiratorial backstab, I mean we all know the thread was here and is gone it's not like anyone is hiding that.

DasFool posted on May 21 2009 at 02:19 PM said:
The Pandora is based on technology salvaged from an alien spacecraft the government denies crash landed in 1947.
Don't get me started on the Rothwell inthident.

Gruso posted on May 21 2009 at 04:27 AM said:
DasFool posted on May 21 2009 at 02:19 PM said:
Don't get me started on the Rothwell inthident.
you spaniard!

I saw the thread in question (I posted in it in fact).

I'm sad to hear it was deleted. I was hoping maybe CC orders would resume so I could reorder (I'm one of those unwilling to use less secure methods).

This matter really should be addressed, one way or the other. Deleting something doesn't necessarily make it go away.

So, we still don't know why it was deleted then. My original query, (I still think it was one of the OP team with privileges). Done for their own good.

Prophet posted on May 21 2009 at 06:47 AM) I saw the thread in question (I posted in it in fact said:
I'm sad to hear it was deleted. I was hoping maybe CC orders would resume so I could reorder (I'm one of those unwilling to use less secure methods).

This matter really should be addressed, one way or the other. Deleting something doesn't necessarily make it go away.

In fact, we'll agree that obfuscation never makes it go away, yes?

The Google Checkout is NOT an official payment option of the Pandora.
It was just offered to this one person because there wasn't a different good option for him to pay.

Because people might all try to order again with Google Checkout (which would most probably lead to another closure of that account), we had to disable the thread.

It's NO official way to pay for the Pandora at the moment. That's all :)
No other conspiracy.

Closed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back