"estimated" Release Date

Would you rather wait for a completely working pandora or not?

• Yes! I need fully working wifi!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, the updates will do.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

makes wildly inaccurate predictions that he can't possibly justify, and as soon as the backlash begins he disappears without a trace feeling no need to answer the criticisms.
To be fair, EvilDragon did eventually show up and correct our expectations.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the mass production of the boards it's still looking good for June/July.

There has been a delay caused by UPS (again) who are trying to charge thousands of dollars in import taxes right now when we should not have to pay them as it's a temporary import.

This is the sort of shit which gets in the way of predictions which were based on facts at the time.

There has been a delay caused by UPS (again) who are trying to charge thousands of dollars in import taxes right now when we should not have to pay them as it's a temporary import.

This is the sort of shit which gets in the way of predictions which were based on facts at the time.

you need to slap that company in the face. its the most expensive shipping company, and i only got in trouble with it. i never ship with ups again. they almost gave my new notebook to someone else that lives on the other site of this town!
i only hear bad stuff about them.

and another question, can you predict when the first units can be shipped? (im not someone who will quote you to it)

and thanks for the update :) the whole community appriciates it :)

i only hear bad stuff about them.
That's because they're horrible everywhere but the US.

Half the time my UPS packages don't even arrive with all the sides on the box. There's gaping holes and crud like that. <_<

One package got bounced around so hard that the box holding a new CPU, inside a box with packing peanuts, was partially crushed. The CPU had bent pins. :angry:

Horrible shipping company. Also super expensive. If they advertise $20, cross-border, triple it and compare to the other options. I always go USPS even if it costs twice as much.

So how's about them estimated release dates?
For Pete's sake, if he hasn't figured it out yet, don't pressure him into guessing!

We'll have another two weeks of angst and flames.
Edit:
P.S. "Angst and Flames" would make a good band name.

Other than the UPS thing, the last obstacles I heard about were DPad redesign - not sure if it's just the DPAD or if it also involves the case, the hinge redesign, then getting the case molds, right? (I don't know if these redesigns will involve another CNC case. That would take longer.) I *believe* the boards are good to go at this point. I don't know other than the last test run, of what, 100?, there actually are and how soon you'll order the *FULL* run of boards. I also heard about keyboard being tweaked, and don't know where you are on getting the latest keyboard mats.

Once you have those last few things, the parts can be shipped to the people who will put them together, right? If I'm reading the blogs right, the case redesign should actually be going to the company to make the molds for the case, what, this week?

Then you'd need to get all the parts to the manufacturing company, who would need to assemble and then...ship back to you for final shipping?

It sounds like July is out. Maybe a release date isn't the best thing to post at this point, but what about one of those check list things?

UPS Snafu - what exactly is it delaying?

Last redesign of keymaps, all new keymaps mass produced.
DPad re-design complete, new DPads mass produced.
All boards mass produced.
Case molds complete - this is a big one
All cases mass produced.
All parts mass produced, now at final assembly/mass production facility
Mass produced Pandoras actually in Craigs hands!
Mass produced Pandoras going out the door, look for yours shortly! (And let us know if that's a hundred, or the whole run.)

Wifi Drivers - won't hold up production, but we'd like to keep track of status of these.

Any other items you think should be on here.

EvilDragon, thanks for your updates.

P.S. "Angst and Flames" would make a good band name.
THE DARKNESS OF PAINFACE by Angst and Flames

Oh nobody understands me, or the incredible pain and suffering that constitutes my life,
Oh no human being or angel or demon has ever suffered such horrific torment as that which I generally experience and am lamenting about in such detail,
Additionally I am enduring considerable loneliness and must reiterate that nobody is capable of understanding, and my soul is blacker than a singularity.
I shall adorn black clothing and post dark poetry to my DeviantArt account.

Ohhhhh, dark stuff and things that are dark,
Ahhhhh, painful pain and dark darkness,
Eeeeeh, I'll go to the foot of the dark stairs,
Iiiiiiiiii don't know if they go up or down.

Oh why won't someone mark the dark stairs with some yellow stripes on the edges, these stairs clearly represent a major safety hazard.
Oh I stubbed my toe, I guess these stairs go up then, even ascending a simple bloody flight of stairs is painful in my world.
Additionally there isn't even a handrail on either side of the staircase, and the carpet doesn't seem to be very firmly nailed down.
I don't think the demon that constructed this staircase was qualified to do so.

Ohhhhh, dark stuff and things that are dark,
Ahhhhh, painful pain and dark darkness,
Eeeeeh, I'm at the top of the dark stairs,
Iiiiiiiiii forgot to charge my bloody phone as well.

:lol: I'll add some Bill Bailey to that.

You picked me up from school
You attended all my sporting functions
You bought me a car
You gave me use of a credit card
But HOW CAN I FEEL PAIN
HOW CAN I FEEL PAIN
HOW CAN I FEEL PAIN
When you're being so supportive?

who are trying to charge thousands of dollars in import taxes right now when we should not have to pay them as it's a temporary import.

So it's got nothing to do with the new d-pad and hinge?

On the import issue. I could be wrong here as I'm no expert, but I was under the impression you had to PAY import taxes regardless and then reclaim them when you re-export? I mean, how are UPS supposed to know it's temporary?

In any case, if you *have* the capital available then the wise thing to do would be to pay up to avoid further delays then reclaim the funds when the dispute is settled.

There has been a delay caused by UPS (again"] who are trying to charge thousands of dollars in import taxes right now when we should not have to pay them as it's a temporary import.

So it's got nothing to do with the new d-pad and hinge?

On the import issue. I could be wrong here as I'm no expert, but I was under the impression you had to PAY import taxes regardless and then reclaim them when you re-export? I mean, how are UPS supposed to know it's temporary?[/quote]That depends on the country. In some you can claim it's just a temporary import. You need to prove you exported the stuff later on, otherwise, you'll be charged the import taxes afterwards :)

Last edited:
OK. So does that rule apply to whatever country the boards have been imported into?

In my experience disputes like this can take ages to resolve. Pay up if you can and claim it back when the dispute has been resolved. Else it could be another 3 months deadlock.

Back