Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

Is Zodttd some godlike developper?? every new he brings is better than the others! :p

I hope i will be one of the firsts to try your new public beta!

And by the way, if someone have a quick link to a guide for setting up Samba on te GP2X, I will have use for it as i only have about 800megs free on my SD, which is a little short for testing ISO's :) but do not worry, i'll search for it later, right now i really need some sleep :unsure:

Anyway, I wish Zodttd luck and success B)

reiboul posted on Aug 18 2006 at 02:49 PM said:
And by the way, if someone have a quick link to a guide for setting up Samba on te GP2X, I will have use for it as i only have about 800megs free on my SD, which is a little short for testing ISO's :) but do not worry, i'll search for it later, right now i really need some sleep :unsure:

Edit: Nevermind.

And as for the dynarec coming to completion, fabulous work. I look forward to trying this out. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Samba is very useful for testing psx4gp2x, I certainly enjoy having direct access via EXT to my PSX isos on HD :lol: ... I don't notice any specific problems using it... I could use the BoB too but I'm hafway through building a nice case for it.

Anyway, I'll say that FFIX isn't working here, but it could be my ISO... More info as soon as Mr.zodttd gets in contact with me B).

whats the deal with Wipeout, is it playable yet? Will it get playable? I've been avoiding the PSX hooplah coz I don't have any PSX Games on me, but if its getting to the point where Wipeout is possible, then I'll go buy it at some 2nd hand shop tomorrow ..

epitaph posted on Aug 18 2006 at 04:00 PM said:
The USB interface is quite slow, especially since USB2.0 is disabled in later firmwares (when I'm telneting to the 2x, my vi session lags when I'm trying to scroll). I wouldn't use it to transfer/utilize files on a remote source if I were you, especially not if they're 600-700M ISOs.

And as for the dynarec coming to completion, fabulous work. I look forward to trying this out. :)
You are wrong. The samba client connection works as USB2.0. It's not problematic like GP2X's SD card reader function. I always use my samba client to test roms, movies, sound and everything. B)

I use to test my ISOS and large NEOGEO games with SAMBA and it feels as fast if not faster than standard SD access.

And, by the way, I'm new here. I've been reading for almost a year and I decided to register to cheer Zottd for this breakthrought.

And sorry if my english is a little rusty, I'm from Spain and english is not my mother language :D

at last....maybe something to fill that spare 2gb on my 4gb card.

must start buying food and clothing before i impulse buy tech/gadgets in future.

if this things get ISS Pro Evo running acceptably i will truly be the envy of my peers.

Portable Master League FTW!

deepmenace posted on Aug 18 2006 at 02:49 PM said:
at last....maybe something to fill that spare 2gb on my 4gb card.

must start buying food and clothing before i impulse buy tech/gadgets in future.

if this things get ISS Pro Evo running acceptably i will truly be the envy of my peers.

Portable Master League FTW!

With you all the way mate! My mates would f'in LOVE portable Pro Ev.. Even if it aint the latest crappy version.

Thanks Zottd. Can't wait to give it a go!

X-Code posted on Aug 18 2006 at 06:10 AM said:
Samba is very useful for testing psx4gp2x, I certainly enjoy having direct access via EXT to my PSX isos on HD :lol: ... I don't notice any specific problems using it... I could use the BoB too but I'm hafway through building a nice case for it.
That is confusing to say the least. I thought you just enable samba and use the mini-usb on the side?

@zodttd or Unai: How is the screen written? I am assuming most PSX games are 320x240, is there a list of games that do higher resolutions? I recall hearing about a gran turismo full-res mode, but I don't think I ever tried it.

Basically connect GP2X to PC via USB, configure it correctly, mount the samba shared folder(s) via telnet on the GP2X and that way you can basically use the files that are within those folders by going to your Ext folder on the GP2X...

:lol: It's not exactly like that, this isn't a tutorial after all B)... But it is VERY useful for testing stuff.

X-Code posted on Aug 18 2006 at 10:28 AM said:
Basically connect GP2X to PC via USB, configure it correctly, mount the samba shared folder(s) via telnet on the GP2X and that way you can basically use the files that are within those folders by going to your Ext folder on the GP2X...
Aaah, I thought you meant the EXT on the bottom, I see now that you mean the EXT storage folder (as in external storage). That makes perfect sense. And you are right, USB 2.0 and a PC would scream compared to SD or a USB 1.1 HDD.

do you go through USB link, the one next to the power cable? or via the EXT Port?

i can't wait until the new version gets released!!

Zodttd, I noticed that amongst some games I tried, Oddworld Abe's Odyssey is the one close to fullspeed, and the dynarec might give it the boost it needs to run fine! but lack of sound and graphical corruption make it barely playable... do you think those graphics problems can be easily solved? if you succeed in activating sound, it might be one of the first 100% playable game :)

Too bad I haven't found a WipeOut CD at the moment :(

It is through the USB link next to the power :) ... And is the only thing I would recommend other than the BoB or WiFi ( via SDIO )... But we'll need some clever person to write drivers for WiFi I guess... :lol:

I'll agree on the Abe games, they are all nearly perfect, with a little cleaning up of the graphic corruption and sound... Wow ! B)

Back