Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

i seen videos of beta versions of it in action on youtube, and FF7 had cloud running around at (what i could tell) was perfect speed like ive seen on the playstation..is that what we can expect in the next version?

Amazing news... as ever, I'm looking forward to anything this-related with baited breath.

Congrats on getting the dynarec finished!

It looks like the next release is close to my wish of "fullspeed" Legend of Mana on GP2X. As promised, this will result in another donation to the whole PSX4All Team. I invite all of you to do the same after new release is out. Oh, I just love you, guys :)

great news! thanks for all the hard work :)
and always nice to hear that not everything has been optimized yet, so if this release is too slow for FF7 that there is still hope for next releases :)

Fantastic! I can't wait to see how far PS1 emulation on the GP2X can go. It's plenty impressive as it is and only going to get better. zodttd and all others working on this emulator are truly awesome. I mean that.

Due to a large amount of pent up enthusiasm I can only say:
ZOMG!!!!!!111!!1eleventyone!!

X-Code has been sent a version to test to see if it will even run on the GP2X, as it hasn't been tested on it yet. I have a lot of optimizations to do, so like mentioned above, if it's not nice and fast yet, it will be soon enough. :) I made X-Code do the test as he has done tests for psx4all previously and isn't ashamed to let me know if it's performing horribly, especially in his drunken gaming sessions. I don't expect much from the version sent to X-Code, except for it to work, anything more than that is a bonus. :) More work to do...

huh? all that hype in the first post and now this?

could you also take a look at my post further up please? ive asked this before and didnt get an answer..and its really been bugging me

I think I answered you. Sound is working for some games and crashed others. So if I can get that timing bug worked out, it will be included.

What I meant by the above post is that it's big news regardless of the version sent to X-Code, since I've only tested it on the Gizmondo build. The Gizmondo build is running FF Tactics at 30 FPS average. Slowest I saw was 15 FPS. This is twice the speed it was at earlier. Just warning ahead of time if reports back from X-Code aren't as expected, they will be very soon. Especially thanks to Evil Dragon, the GP2X was shipped out today! So I will be able to work on psx4all specific to psx4gp2x without needing someone to test every step along the way shortly. :)

FF9 should be working now, though I'm not able to test it.

Oops, sorry Paradox. I never saw a YouTube video such as the one you referred to. It should be quite a bit faster for the next release. I doubt a frame limit is needed though if that's what you would like to know. I will test FF7 on the Gizmondo and see how it performs currently.

Brilliant !!! You will get a donation from me when I'll see
Final Fantasy Tactic at 30 FPS [ if my '2x over clock enough :p ]

Realy Brilliant Zodttd

Make your donations now, later may be a little too late :lol:

I'll simply say that the beta is working and in need of a little more work ( only normal ), the good thing is that it does work, after all, zodttd didn't have a working GP2X at the time of coding lol.

Back