Dynarec Completed For Psx4all Project.

zodttd

Solving your premature emulation since the Tapwave
Website
www.zodttd.com
Hi everyone!

GREAT NEWS!
I have the dynamic recompiler for ARM based psx4all ports working!
It's fully functional, including cache and register mapping.
As soon as I get my GP2X it should be ready for a release!
By tests on the Gizmondo, the dynarec currently doubles the speed of most games. There is still lot's of optimizations that can be done. This includes recompiling the GTE (math for 3D games) which currently slows things down for the recompiler. So 3D games aren't seeing their full potential yet, but soon it will be. Regardless, performance increases are noticable!

Ports of psx4all that's next release will use the dynarec include: GP2X, Gizmondo (PocketPC), Sharp Zaurus, and possibly PalmOS.

I have selected one specific person to help get the dynarec up to speed for it's release, as there's some cosmetic things to work out. I'm sure he'll be updating everyone shortly with performance reports. smile.gif

So what started out as a quick project on the Tapwave Zodiac with dreams of being a PSX emulator for handhelds, has now received the dynarec it's needed. Thanks everyone for your support!

ZodTTD

Excellent, can't wait to see how many more games can be considered 'playable'!

good job!

very good new !! well done zodttd !

thanks for all of your work on this project !!!!!

Come on! Its been 8 whole minutes and this has only gotten 4 replies?!
:D

Great work zottd!

Wow, can't wait to try this out!
Looks like only the start once optimisations can be carried out on a stable dynarec :)
Excellent work zodttd - guess even with your rest-break you were still mulling it all over ;)
Great progress - bet you're glad to you stuck at it!

Kev

lardo4life posted on Aug 17 2006 at 05:16 PM said:
DOUBLE the speed? Wow.

OMFG

* Clenches chest *

Last edited by a moderator:
Sound might be able to make it in the next release. But there is a timing issue with the SPU I want to make sure doesn't break any games anymore. So sound will be considered for the next release, but no expectations yet.

Back