Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Exophase. I bought a scratch and dent CC Pandora (mostly) because of all the feedback from DraStic and I am even more impressed now that I am trying it out on my own. It's truly amazing how far DS Emulation has come and the Pandora community is lucky to have you. If I wanted to support you would you rather me donate to the preorder fund (your repo page links to that) or purchase the emulator on the play store (I have an Android phone but would never use it for emulation)? 

Seriously, DraStic is a JOY and seems like such perfect software for the Pandora. I am eager to use dual screens via TV-out cable and enjoy things even more :) It is nice to have software that feels so polished. Part of the fun with OP is to mess with software as it gets worked on, but sometimes it's also great to have a program that just "works" how you want it to.  

I hope DraStic on the play store is a huge success for you and that you are rewarded for all of your hard work. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to Exophase. I bought a scratch and dent CC Pandora (mostly) because of all the feedback from DraStic and I am even more impressed now that I am trying it out on my own. It's truly amazing how far DS Emulation has come and the Pandora community is lucky to have you. If I wanted to support you would you rather me donate to the preorder fund (your repo page links to that) or purchase the emulator on the play store (I have an Android phone but would never use it for emulation)? 

Seriously, DraStic is a JOY and seems like such perfect software for the Pandora. I am eager to use dual screens via TV-out cable and enjoy things even more :) It is nice to have software that feels so polished. Part of the fun with OP is to mess with software as it gets worked on, but sometimes it's also great to have a program that just "works" how you want it to.  

I hope DraStic on the play store is a huge success for you and that you are rewarded for all of your hard work. 
Completely agree!

I will buy the android version just to support development even if I dont use that as much as in pandora! :)

Any touch-screen only games recommendations?

I think that would be the best ones to play on android.

Touch screen Only Game sugestions:
42 All Time Classik s: a Collektion whit 42 Board and Card Games,
Wario Ware Touch

Korg DS10 also works great on Touch screen, but its needs a Shoulderbutton to switch between the Synthesizer Modes : Keyboard, Drumm Maschine, Sequenzer etc..
And Yoshis Touch and go..

Ghost Trick works with the D-pad. You don't have to use the touch pad at all if you don't want.

Ah, my misunderstanding. I thought "touch screen only" meant "touch screen ONLY". Sorry.

(edit: solved itself)

Another thing, the savestates have stopped working for me twice (once in Advance Wars, once in Pokemon Black). I dont mean the ingame saves (.dsv), but the emulator savestates. I think what happened both times was that I pressed 1 for saving as usual, and the one or two seconds later the game would get stuck with looping background sound so I'd have to hard reset. Afterwards, the savestates are just "gone". Well they are shown to exist in the menu, but pressing 2 does nothing. Therefore, I'm using the ingame saves for now most of the time, as the savestates are not always very trustworthy.

(BTW, gpsp suffers from similar problems. I've lost a great amount of time on Dragon Warrios Monsters Caravan Heart due to that =/. There, loading a faulty savestate would result in an emulator freeze. )

The horned bombs in the fire level in the basement of the castle in Super Mario 64 DS have sometimes their face in the wrong direction. It looks like there is a hole in the bomb and the triangle / quad with their face is somewhere displaced (a bit to left or something).

The horned bombs in the fire level in the basement of the castle in Super Mario 64 DS have sometimes their face in the wrong direction. It looks like there is a whole in the bomb and the triangle / quad with their face is somewhere displaced (a bit to left or something).
Niticed thr same thing with King Bob-Omb today.

I made some emulation changes that help Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story but I've only done fairly limited testing (maybe an hour of play) so I don't know if the game can be played all the way through or not. Unfortunately Lordus is gone for a few more days so I can't get a test build on Android, so I'm wondering if any Pandora users would be willing to play through this game on a test version? Send me a PM if you're interested, thanks.

I made some emulation changes that help Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story but I've only done fairly limited testing (maybe an hour of play) so I don't know if the game can be played all the way through or not. Unfortunately Lordus is gone for a few more days so I can't get a test build on Android, so I'm wondering if any Pandora users would be willing to play through this game on a test version? Send me a PM if you're interested, thanks.
Just thinking about you Exophase  :D as to when will there be an update for this, and you just showed up!  Awesome and thanks!  Any additional speed improvements on the Pandora version as Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 is playable but a bit slow.  Not a problem if you can't do anything about it as I have the Shield version.

No performance optimizations for now, way too busy on compatibility issues. Consider yourself lucky if it doesn't end up noticeably slower instead ;p

I forgot to tell that Assassin's creed: Altair's chronicles crashes the emulator just in the beginning tutorial, a bit after you learn how to block, then you go on the roof and near the checkpoint it flickers and you are at the desktop.

I forgot to tell that Assassin's creed: Altair's chronicles crashes the emulator just in the beginning tutorial, a bit after you learn how to block, then you go on the roof and near the checkpoint it flickers and you are at the desktop.
Can you send me a savestate?

I was hoping you could make a savestate (S key) before the crash, it'll be a .dss in the savestates directory.

here both, in the savestate just go left following the light globes

Attachments

• AssassinsCreed.7z.txt
    2.1 MB · Views: 120
How is it when your app sells like hot heart-shaped cakes in a freezing valentine day evening?

Grats, Exo. If only notaz can sell his brilliant pcsx-rearmed on googleplay as well.

On another hand, I've seen all the mournings about some slight glitches on a few games nobody cares about. It must be a lot of work to get the compatibility up to their unreasonable standards. 

No need to push yourself though, since it is already good enough, and we are all very patient. :)

Back