Release DraStic Nintendo DS emulator

Thanks for the update! FWIW, if you hit the Y button a few times in the DraStic game list you'll get to a layout that shows you the 8-character (32 bit) game code for your games, which would give you the code for Peggle.

Levi...nope, it does not do this for me.  I change4d all my file names.

I took out the codes in the file names,

I tried the Y button anyway and no good, I do not get the codes.

The codes in the file names are almost certainly the four digit code used by archivists to count the DS games - not the 8 character code actually internally associated with the actual game code.

If you hit the Y button (not the Y key) when in the black-and-white list of your games, you should cycle through a few different views - game names, file names, and game codes. The last is what you want, and lists the game's internal 12 character name, and 8 character code. What are you seeing instead?

I get only

rom-title

filename

title

And all three change nothing in my list.

As I said, I changed my filenames, because I hated at the [sLUS-45732] whatever junk in my file names.

I figured they would then also show up that way in my game list and I did not want that.

So I changed all my file names to just the game title.  For example, "Big Brain Academy.nds"  "Peggle Dual-Shot.nds" and so on.

I took out that crud at the end of the filenames, because I didn't want it in my game list.

Okay, that's good - you're getting the right three screens. In rom-title view, do you not see two columns like I do? With the rom title on the left and the game id code on the right? It's the value from that right column for Peggle you need.

No, I don't get two columns.

Like I said, I took the [sLUS-43278] type stuff off the end of my file names, which is probably why I don't get what you get.

I took those off the file names, because I thought they would also show up in my games selection screen with that junk on there and I did not want that junk there.

I wanted my game list to just read the name of the game and nothing else...no extra stuff.

Just to make sure: Are you talking about the same Y button? That is, the top button of the ABXY action buttons (Y), not the Y key on the keyboard?

Yes, I know you said you renamed the files - all of mine have various names, but that's not a problem - the code comes out of the content of the files, not their names.

I'm a little confused to be honest if you can see 'rom-title', 'filename' and 'title' when you press Y, but you say the screen doesn't change between them.

On my copy of DraStic, the screen looks a bit like this in the right mode:

/media/appsSD/roms/DS/                ..
MARIOGAME                 504a5b32
MARIOGAME2                 4547f8d2
MARIOGAME3                 50a8674b

X: return to main menu   Y: switch display (rom-title)
Please ignore the colours in that example. I can't figure out how to turn them off on this board - it added them automatically.

In that example, if you want the code for MARIOGAME2 it'd be '4547f8d2'.

PS. Some of the rom titles can be a bit cryptic, so if it helps you can highlight the game in 'filename' mode, then without pressing any other buttons, press the Y gaming button twice the get to 'rom-title' mode and the highlighting will still be on the same game, even though the sort order will likely be different.

Last edited by a moderator:
If I'm remembering the implementation right, you won't get the special names if the game info text file isn't created, and that file won't be created if the volume is read-only. So that's one thing that should be checked, although my memory could be totally wrong on this and I don't feel like checking just now.

Ok, maybe tomorrow I'll find the time to pack a little PND that can be of help for this matter

Sounds good.  In the mean time I've tested Peggle myself.  Got it clocked down to 750Mhz before the music started stuttering during the celebration screens.  Wiki updated.

Would be good to discover what's going on with Kumaki's machine though.

By the way Kumaki, if you are running v2.1.0p as you logged on the wiki, there's been a patch since then to v2.1.3p which fixed a few graphical glitches which, if you're interested in more than Peggle, might be worth the bandwidth to download.

I'm probably running 2.1.3 I have the very most recent download of Drastic, like within the last week.

The way I logged mine was to copy someone else's entry, paste it in, and then change a few things, must have overlooked updating that to the 2.1.3

Here a little app to make easier filling the Compatibility List.

http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=drasticwikihelper-PowerGod

1) Load in DraStic all the games that you want to add to the wiki (in the same session), and then close it

2) Launch DraStic_wiki_helper and follow instructions, it just asks for the playability and comments for every game you lauched before, all the other parameters are taken automatically

3) A mousepad window will open with the text you can paste on the wiki

It's still up to you to search if there are duplicates on the wiki list. (You can order by Game ID to find them)

I'm working on a different interface for now, but the auto wiki update is still far away to be finished...

Very nice. Made my first wiki update using it - nice and straightforward.

Just a note - I tried loading a couple of games, but it only seems to have noticed I played the last one. Not a problem, as I rarely test more than one game at a time, but I thought you might like to know.

Strange, have you loaded them in the same session or you closed DraStic between them ? It just show the games opened in the last session

Hello all,

In the past I made quite an effort in the testing of games and the maintaining of the DraStic Compatibility list, however recent events have made the continuing of those things a lot more difficult for me, so I'm sorry that I haven't been here to help. I will periodically post compatibility updates thanks to the new Compatibility list app, but I won't be keeping the wiki nice and orderly anymore, at least for now.

Just a few things of note:
SimCity DS Does not seem to have any sound
Rayman Raving Rabbids is extremely unstable and crashes DraStic a lot.
Warioware D.I.Y. doesn't work at all.
A lot of games in general work that didn't work before (WALL-E, Sonic Chronicles, Trackmania Turbo)
A lot of games that used a lot of 3D work much better then they did before (Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, Okamiden, Animal Crossing Wild World)
Just overall it's much better from what I can tell!

~ Sam

Back