Do Not Order Wiz From Consolesource.com

I'd be interested to see the difference inside the "new" cable.

Any chance you could post a pic?

Spykez said:
Just wanted to update everyone on the situation with consolesource.com

I had to RMA the kingston microSD card I had gotten from consolesource and I chose to do it through kingston as they have awesome support. The card wouldn't read no matter what, not through the SD adapter and not through the card itself. Was only 16 dollars on clearance for the 8GB one so it didn't seem like a big deal.

Guess what, I got a call from kingston saying they had an issue with my RMA and they needed me to call back ASAP. Called them, talked to the tech that left the voicemail, the card WAS A FUCKING FAKE.

MAybe that's why they were on clearance? The markings were different on it and apparently there wasn't even any "flash drive" on the SD card, was just the housing and the connector. So they're writing me a letter stating it's a fake and im going to contact consolesource and tell them they're going to refund my whole fucking purchase otherwise im contacting the authorities.
That's a rather different type of fake than the ones that are commonly seen! Have you considered contacting SOSFakeFlash and letting them know about your experience with this card?

(Incidentally, it sounds like the price you were charged is only about $3 more than the average wholesale price for an 8GB flash chip alone, without any controller or casing or suchlike. :blink: )

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone heard anything about the damn usb replacements yet? I keep bugging consolesource and it's been like 3 weeks now since ive been bugging them and they keep saying they haven't gotten em yet. I thought GPH sent em out like over a week ago?

Ah, ok. I thought so (I just needed to hear the word, "cable").

Thank you, WFUK. :)

I'm receiving my Wiz from my gf on August 1st, so I assume the USB cable will be all good, and in working order. B)

What is with these cables, anyway? The one I got (from GBAX) is a load of crap .. it doesn't fit snugly in the WIZ, and if I even breath at the cable while the WIZ is mounted - *BAM* - disconnect. Really charfs my nads that people think its acceptable to ship cables that simply do not fit and cannot be reliably connected to the device.

Do they think we're idiots, or just that we'd actually enjoy having to duct-tape the Brand New Product (tm) so that it works properly?

Craig, if you're reading this, I've got two words for you: QUALITY CONTROL.

Well I never heard of this problem at my customers.
I agree it is feeling kinda loose, but they al worked.

Before sending it out I am testing the Wiz's on the screen and buttons, the cable I didn't check.
It really is time consuming and the quality control has to be done by GPH, don't blame Craig.

Just my 2 cents...

Wish it had been a normal USB / Mini USB socket on the Wiz.
Would have made life a lot easier for me.
I keep gadgets for decades, how easy is it going to be to find a replacement cable 10 years down the line?

RX Shorty said:
Well I never heard of this problem at my customers.
I agree it is feeling kinda loose, but they al worked.

They work, until they've been used for about a days worth of coding and transferring files, then something on the plastic either gives way or wears out, and they become exceptionally loose. The problem is the plug does not fit the header *tightly* - its very loose - and with the size of the pins, this means that even a little bump == DISCONNECT.

Check it a bit more closely, you'll see for yourself just how crap they are. Unless I just got one of the cables that was in a very poorly-spec'ed tolerance.

Before sending it out I am testing the Wiz's on the screen and buttons, the cable I didn't check.
It really is time consuming and the quality control has to be done by GPH, don't blame Craig.
Just my 2 cents...

Make money selling WIZ? Then spend the time to make sure the cable works properly, and is a snug fit. As it stands, I can't see any claim that it takes too much time as justification for selling such a poor product. The cable is, simply, utterly inferior. I've had my WIZ for 3 weeks, and I've already got duct tape all over the connector, just to get a snug fit ..

I got my Wiz from GP2XStore.com and they were very fast shipping out my order and giving fedex tracking info. When I got my Wiz I also thought the cable was a tad loose, but I never got any disconnects. So it's all working fine. I hope none of you are file transferring through this cable cause it's really slow. Just use a card reader. GP2XStore.com sent me a free cheap one which was nice. I already have two card readers, but having another around the house or at work is good. So with these ext to USB cables, are they shipping from GPH or are these stores supplying them? I just thought it came with the Wiz since it was in the box and sealed with a sticker.

torpor said:
They work, until they've been used for about a days worth of coding and transferring files, then something on the plastic either gives way or wears out, and they become exceptionally loose. The problem is the plug does not fit the header *tightly* - its very loose - and with the size of the pins, this means that even a little bump == DISCONNECT.

Check it a bit more closely, you'll see for yourself just how crap they are. Unless I just got one of the cables that was in a very poorly-spec'ed tolerance.

Well pulled open some boxes and checked them, they look just fine. I think you have some bad luck on that cable :(

Make money selling WIZ? Then spend the time to make sure the cable works properly, and is a snug fit. As it stands, I can't see any claim that it takes too much time as justification for selling such a poor product. The cable is, simply, utterly inferior. I've had my WIZ for 3 weeks, and I've already got duct tape all over the connector, just to get a snug fit ..

Making money? ;)
It is more a hobby for me...
But then again I understand your frustrating. :huh:

ps. torpor could you drop me a email? Maybe I can help you.

the main issue with the usb cables have been the internal hack job. They did it this way to hide the fact their using mini USB from intel so they don't have to pay the lisence fee's.

just to update, GPH still hasn't sent out these mysterious replacement USB cables they claimed they were going to.

Consolesource said once they get a restock of wiz's in they'll see about opening a box and just sending me a new cable. Seeing as GPH wants nothing to do with their customers and can't answer emails.

update of an update, consolesource held their end of the deal :) Woke up and saw a box with my name sitting on the table and just assumed it was a box my mom snagged to ship her sister stuff like normal, but this one looked different, looked at the shipper and said canada, who the fuck is in canada and why are they shipping me stuff!?

Then I remember consolesource.com is based in canada so I rip open the box and wallah, a pretty new usb cable, tested it and worked PERFECTLY, so now, I can get the other one re-soldered and have a backup :)

Back