Do Not Order Wiz From Consolesource.com

I am seriously worried about this, are these cables all from consolesource.com, or are the naff ones from other sources too?
Well why would consolesource alone get a faulty shipment of USB cables? All the resellers receive the same stock from Gamepark... right?
I hope I don't have problems with my USB cable...
Well I am wondering if they are supplying their own made cables
With the logo on it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am seriously worried about this, are these cables all from consolesource.com, or are the naff ones from other sources too?
Well why would consolesource alone get a faulty shipment of USB cables? All the resellers receive the same stock from Gamepark... right?
With the logo on it?
Does it have the logo on? I don't know and I am thinking it was why I was asking.

Okay I am not making excuses but I'm trying to get to the bottom of this so please try and be helpful. I need to know before I go accusing GPH directly, i never take anything for granted as I know too well how some companies may give inferior service.

With the logo on it?
Does it have the logo on? I don't know and I am thinking it was why I was asking.

Okay I am not making excuses but I'm trying to get to the bottom of this so please try and be helpful. I need to know before I go accusing GPH directly, i never take anything for granted as I know too well how some companies may give inferior service.
The USB's provided from console source are the cables that come in the retail packaging (the lil wiz box) They do in fact have the GPH logo on it as well as their little symbol

My cable was a retail cable packaged with the wiz bought from Jackofallgames and was delivered just over a week ago!

I think it must be a bad batch of cables sent out in this batch?

Is there any way of getting a new cable out of GPH, I had to mod mine to get it to work and now it doesn't clip into the wiz correctly any more since fixing the bad soldering?

I received my Wiz+cable from EvilDragon (the one with the USB short circuit). I guess they are all the same (cheaply made) cables.

The cables are probably properly tested before shipping out, it's just that the way they are built, they could easily create a new short-circuit when rattled or hit.

if they were properly tested before shipping out we (quite a few others as well) wouldn't be having such a headache worth of troubles with them.

buddy of mine was telling me how GPH did a hack job to hide the fact it's a mini usb from intel so they didn't have to pay for the lisence or whatever.

That being said, Im curious if there even is any other usb cords from like samsung or someone that'll work. They had to get the pin connector from somewhere unless they made it themselves.

I've yet to hear anything back from consolesource.com since they asked meif I needed a new USB cord and I got that on the 17th, I've sent 2 emails to them since

I've yet to hear anything back from consolesource.com since they asked meif I needed a new USB cord and I got that on the 17th, I've sent 2 emails to them since
I was talking to GPH this morning and they are aware of the cable problem and they are currently sending extra cables to suppliers to replace faulty ones, hopefully consolesource.com will be getting them soon and will be able to replace your cable.

I was talking to GPH this morning and they are aware of the cable problem and they are currently sending extra cables to suppliers to replace faulty ones, hopefully consolesource.com will be getting them soon and will be able to replace your cable.
I checked up with GBAX.com, they said the correct cables are going to be shipped with the next batch (preloaded with 1.1.0).

Good to hear.

just emailed CS.com again...for the billionth time, hope they at least respond this time, if not, guess who's getting negative reviews on resellerratings

Just wanted to update everyone on the situation with consolesource.com

I had to RMA the kingston microSD card I had gotten from consolesource and I chose to do it through kingston as they have awesome support. The card wouldn't read no matter what, not through the SD adapter and not through the card itself. Was only 16 dollars on clearance for the 8GB one so it didn't seem like a big deal.

Guess what, I got a call from kingston saying they had an issue with my RMA and they needed me to call back ASAP. Called them, talked to the tech that left the voicemail, the card WAS A FUCKING FAKE.

MAybe that's why they were on clearance? The markings were different on it and apparently there wasn't even any "flash drive" on the SD card, was just the housing and the connector. So they're writing me a letter stating it's a fake and im going to contact consolesource and tell them they're going to refund my whole fucking purchase otherwise im contacting the authorities.

Fucking knobs.

here is a picture of what they sent me

kingston-8gb-microsd.jpg

this is what it's supposed to look like, notice the 8gb tag as well as the 4 in a circle for the class that it is.

kingston_8gb_microsdhc_01_550.jpg

That is nice, retailers selling counterfeit SD cards. Hopefully Kingston throws the book at them and gives them a commin' to Jesus moment with lawyers. After getting busted I doubt they will pull shit like that.

The Wiz cable looks like complete junk!

If +5V shorts with one of the USB signal lines it could cause damage to any computer the cable's used with.

GPh need to have some very stern words with their OEM.

Its one thing to sell faulty electronics but something else to sell stuff that will damage your equipment.

One more cross against buying a Wiz.

RupeeClock said:
I checked up with GBAX.com, they said the correct cables are going to be shipped with the next batch (preloaded with 1.1.0).

Good to hear.

Well kind of good except for the preloaded FW. 1.1.0 is crap, it makes all of the emulators run slow and choppy, that is why I am sticking with the older FW.

Not had a problem with 1.1.0 yet, but then again, I switched to using pollux_set straight away.

For some odd reason glbasic is borked with it though

mhadf said:
Not had a problem with 1.1.0 yet, but then again, I switched to using pollux_set straight away.

For some odd reason glbasic is borked with it though

What GLBasic apps have you tried with it? There is an option within GLBasic to compile Wiz apps to 320x240 or 240x320, maybe one of the settings will work for you?

that'd be it, screen has been rotated 90degrees. had to change resolution.

RupeeClock said:
I checked up with GBAX.com, they said the correct cables are going to be shipped with the next batch (preloaded with 1.1.0"].
Good to hear.

Did they indicate that they were sending out replacement cables to suppliers to pass on free to customers?

I don't trust that cable in my G5 mac. It's my bread and butter work horse. It don't work I don't eat!
So I use a card reader to transfer files. I use a mains charger to charge the unit but never leave it unattended....

consolesource told me early next week there supposed to get em and I'd be sent one immediately

Back