Release Diablo 2

If the new image comes with omapfb/omapdrm/modeset drivers it should crawl...

Strange you get differences, both games should just set either 640x480 or 800x600 and the rest should be handled by the system itself.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the new image comes with omapfb/modeset drivers it should crawl...

Strange you get differences, both games should just set either 640x480 or 800x600 and the rest should be handled by the system itself.

Yeah it's odd, the opening blizzard video is 4:3, but once into the game switches to a stretched widescreen. 

@TrashyMG Care to throw this wine build my way?

I'll see if I can package it, there are a ton of dependencies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks indeed very fluid comparedto the Qemu version, do you play with mouse?

And can it be played with correct Aspect ratio? LoD has 800x600 res but  Pandora is only 800x480 so it's complicated I guess.

there is a 4:3 mode. I am not sure how this works though, does diablo 2 support native 640x480? the 16:9 mode is scaled.

Looks indeed very fluid comparedto the Qemu version, do you play with mouse?

And can it be played with correct Aspect ratio? LoD has 800x600 res but  Pandora is only 800x480 so it's complicated I guess.

Yes i played with Mouse and had a little Side Effect while recording this Video.

This Side Effect is exactly what you search :D

Activate TV-Out and set it to HW scaler/overlay....

...and Tadaaa you play it in 4:3 on your Pandora when you start it now :lol:

That's indeed a solution to use external displays. However, I have forgotten if the D2 Expansion is also playable in 640x480 or only in 800x600.

Well there are Widescreen and High Res mods for Diablo 2 so I guess it should be possible to play in any resolution with correct aspect ratio. :)   Could be possible that this is even mod-able on the Pandora version if needed for "true" 800x480 res for example. ^^

But i mean when you activate this tv out with hw scaler then will you have a 4:3 Picture on the Pandora Screen.

That's indeed a solution to use external displays. However, I have forgotten if the D2 Expansion is also playable in 640x480 or only in 800x600.

Well there are Widescreen and High Res mods for Diablo 2 so I guess it should be possible to play in any resolution with correct aspect ratio. :)   Could be possible that this is even mod-able on the Pandora version if needed for "true" 800x480 res for example. ^^

Those mods won't work on this port, unless they are statically recompiled too. And as far as I can tell I couldn't find one that works on the 1.13d patch either.

But i mean when you activate this tv out with hw scaler then will you have a 4:3 Picture on the Pandora Screen.

I know. ^^ I googled and it also seems you can still set the Game to 640x480 so at least this should fit well on the Pandora screen, if it can be scaled there too.

Those mods won't work on this port, unless they are statically recompiled too. And as far as I can tell I couldn't find one that works on the 1.13d patch either.

Oh, OK. 

This is amazing! Even mods work, I'm playing D2 right now with the Perfect Drop Mod (ideal for on-the-go playthroughs, because it almost completely removes grinding from the game) and everything's working as it should.

The only thing missing now are 3dfx lightning effects, but that's hardly an issue.

Anyway, some popular mods (like Eastern Sun) require an older version (1.10) of the game executable. Would it be possible to make them work with Pandora? And also mods that use the D2SE mod manager format, so that you don't need to replace patch_d2.mpq anymore?

Fantastic work, guys, much appreciated!

WHAAAAAAAAAAT??????

How did I miss this? :-||

Starcraft, Diablo, and now Diablo 2!!!!   :eek:

That's simply epic man. Hats off.

*TAP TAP*

This is certainly something to look forward to when the silly season is over.

Is it possible to add a hack for auto targeting? That would increase the ease of use of the nubs.

Currently we can use the shift key to perform an attack in the direction we click with the mouse, but it's not the best way, as the character can't move.

Here a hack that I found on the web: http://www.elitegrounds.net/d2Hacks.html

b1c5d9b299ba2c0481707ee60953b422.jpg

Or maybe it's possible to add/simulate (touchscreen simulation?) a circular input few millimeters all around the character (as he is always on the same position) and to bind it to the dpad or the left nub, like this we would be able to make the character move with it.

With the use of shift+ left mouse/right mouse button, he would be able to attack. The nub/Dpad that isn't bound to this can be the free mouse, it would be used as moving the cursor over the screen.

BTW I'm almost sure that the mercenary that we can hire has auto aiming.

So the idea is to use the left nub/Dpad for moving/ fighting and the right nub to move freely the mouse cursor over the screen, to select something on the screen, to cast a spell on the selected target, etc...

That was just an idea, I don't know if it's doable.

BTW great work Notaz, really great work.

Last edited:
The hacks are possible but require reverse engineering all the x86 hacks to repeat whatever they originally did again on ARM, which is a lot of work unfortunately. Working on features like that is not very rewarding, I'd better spend my time on something else.

The hacks are possible but require reverse engineering all the x86 hacks to repeat whatever they originally did again on ARM, which is a lot of work unfortunately. Working on features like that is not very rewarding, I'd better spend my time on something else.
I understand, you already did so much. Thanks alot pal.

And how about an older executable (1.10 for example, but some mods require older or newer executables) and support for D2SE mod format?

Sorry to assault you, I know what is there is fantastic anyway. Just wondering about possibilities.

The version doesn't matter, they would still need to be reversed.
I don't know anything about D2SE so can't really comment about that one.

OK then, thanks so much. It's really one of the best ports here in Pandyland. :)

Hello!

I´ve played Diablo II with the Barbarian and a second time with the Necromancer, I have a 1Ghz Pandora. In both playthroughs I've notice a minor framerate drop as the character enters a new area, it is as if the microprocessor were loading the new area. It only last a few seconds, nothing to worry about. With the Necromancer the framerate drops are a bit more frequent, I suposse it's due to the fact that the player controls the mage and some skeletons (summonmancer).

I've changed the speed to 1.250, without music and the game plays better.
Tonight I'm going to play Diablo II a third time, this time with the sorceress :D

Thank you very much for your work Notaz. This game played on a pc, nowadays seems a bit outdated, but on the Pandora it is beautiful and plays like a charm (most of the time :))!! Although I asked for this game last summer I never really thougt that I would see this game running so well on Pandora.

PCSX rearmed
Starcraft
Diablo
Diablo II

With all respect towards others, Notaz is to Pandora like Shigeru Miyamoto is to Nintendo :)

(sorry for my writing, my english is not very good...)

Back