Release FreedroidRPG beta

eyecreate

Website
git.eyecreate.org
To celebrate Diablo 3, here's a first release of FreedroidRPG for the pandora. Both opengl and vorbis are disabled due to porting to opengles needed for the first(not sure what kind of performance change it would give) and a bug for the second(which may yield some sounds unplayable..idk..I'm still hearing sound.). You can find it on the repo.

OpenGL-ES would probally help as they are using it to draw each texture (quad). Most of the convsersion is very straight forward that i came across so far.

The only oddity I saw was the use of GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB, which is used to do operations on a NPOT texture. Not really sure the reason behind it, appears they want to save the background and then use it again. Not sure why....

OpenGL-ES would probally help as they are using it to draw each texture (quad). Most of the convsersion is very straight forward that i came across so far.

The only oddity I saw was the use of GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB, which is used to do operations on a NPOT texture. Not really sure the reason behind it, appears they want to save the background and then use it again. Not sure why....
Knowing near nothing about opengl, I'm afraid I wouldn't even know what was "straight forward".(If I knew something, I would have already jumped on some games like Aquaria.)

If someone is willing to help me with the translation to gles, I'd be happy to stitch stuff together and get a gles powered build out.

I was in the same position not too long ago. Check out this wiki page: http://pandorawiki.o...to_GLES_from_GL

start with the glColor4ub, these need to be turned into glColor4f (same goes with any color call that is not a 4f)

The GL_QUADS can be converted using an example from the wiki page.

I saw them use GL_BGRA, which should be added through glext.h

again im not sure yet how to replace GL_TEXTURE_RECTANGLE_ARB

If you interested in trying I would get a working opengl build on a PC. Then add replacement code a piece at a time and test it to see nothing change or was broke. Keep going till you think you have it all. Then it can be time to think about trying it on the pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
just downloaded.

First thanks for have ported this game...i like it. :)

I have only a request...improve controls (touch in primis) because sometimes is weird to move Tux to a particular point, i know i could use Nubs (to move pointer and select location to move)

but on a game like this i prefer Touchscreen (even on dialogs). Instead one thing that work really good is Dpad on menu.

Looking forward to GLES conversion.. :)

Back