Damn, This Is Gonna Be Close!

Man, this is an exciting day! Case samples on their way, and I just found out I'm around 1700 in the queue (about HALF of what I thought I was!)! The coming weeks will be almost unbearable... :lol:

wermy said:
Man, this is an exciting day! Case samples on their way, and I just found out I'm around 1700 in the queue (about HALF of what I thought I was!)! The coming weeks will be almost unbearable... :lol:

i was roughly in the same place as you :eek: we might have to fight over our pandora :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Trevsweb said:
wermy said:

i was roughly in the same place as you :eek: we might have to fight over our pandora :p
TO THE DEATH! and film it for the forums! :p LOL

Chris

thumbnail_large

The worst part is when they have to Kayak across the Pacific Ocean.

http://drop.io/dmm8cp4/asset/capture-png

Also, I found mweston's twitter: http://twitter.com/mweston

jumpman said:
TO THE DEATH! and film it for the forums! :p LOL

Chris

Good idea!!!

I'm in the 2000 range... :ph34r:

Last year november I was between 250 and 350 I think I am still there. I think that means I am in the first sub-batch of 400 and I hope it will be in the month february :)

Oh well if it's Hollywood, everything'll work out just in time.

Trevsweb said:

Why not work together to convince those below us in the queue to cancel?? :D

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=shanghai&daddr=houston,TX&hl=en&geocode=FfSK3AEdlIc9BykzPPWxQHCyNTGhZMMjlBKVAg%3B&mra=ls&sll=34.885931,-168.222656&sspn=100.514091,227.636719&ie=UTF8&ll=34.885931,-166.992187&spn=100.514091,227.636719&z=3

No, They can jet-ski nowadays ☺

jumpman said:
The 8th is the cut off for the full 4000 to be complete by the 13th, which I will assume is cut off for shipping whatever they have complete before the CNY! So any day after the 8th that MP starts, is one less day to complete the full 4000 cases!
We should be careful with these dates.
Consider the Chinese mail company does transport the cases to the airport and then, maybe, flies them over to Canada or Texas.
Then they will stop working as well. so The cases should be out of China by the 13th, not out of the factory.

Creature XL said:
jumpman said:
The 8th is the cut off for the full 4000 to be complete by the 13th, which I will assume is cut off for shipping whatever they have complete before the CNY! So any day after the 8th that MP starts, is one less day to complete the full 4000 cases!
We should be careful with these dates.
Consider the Chinese mail company does transport the cases to the airport and then, maybe, flies them over to Canada or Texas.
Then they will stop working as well. so The cases should be out of China by the 13th, not out of the factory.
That brings up a great question that I have wondered myself, does all of China shut down during the New Year? I would think airports, hospitals, emergency services, ect., are still running! Maybe someone in the know can say for sure what happens! It would be just are luck they ship 4000 cases on the 13th, only to have them sit in a warehouse for 2 weeks waiting to leave the country!

Chris

mali said:
jumpman said:
mali said:
Who cares about the queue? Ship 'em to devs :)
Hey Mali, haven't most "key" developers gotten one already? I'm for developers getting them first as well, but there should be some left over for the masses! It would be nice if some end users could finally get some. I think a few should go out to the press from this batch also!

Chris
Yes, yes, Im not talking about the whole batch, just the samples. Maybe there are 5 or so available, I guess. If some customers get one of those, the others might be pissed, so it would be best to ship them to devs who can use them for other stuff everyone benefits from :)
Honestly why would they be pissed? At that point they would only have to wait just a little longer before getting the "at that point" now released Pandora!!!! They should be happy and be able to have that excitement of thinking in just a couple of weeks I will have one of those too!! Man I wish I could get a Pandora :( but instead I agreed with my fiance and got a 23" LCD for my computer instead :angry:

Laurencevde said:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=shanghai&daddr=houston,TX&hl=en&geocode=FfSK3AEdlIc9BykzPPWxQHCyNTGhZMMjlBKVAg%3B&mra=ls&sll=34.885931,-168.222656&sspn=100.514091,227.636719&ie=UTF8&ll=34.885931,-166.992187&spn=100.514091,227.636719&z=3

82. Continue straight onto HI-83 E/Kamehameha Hwy
ROFL :lol:

EDIT: I wander which copied the name of the other, or maybe was a very rare coincidence but what are the odds of that.
EDIT2: It seems japanese manga copied the name from the hawaiian king. I always thought it was just a combination of japanese words.

UPS usually has an estimated ship date once the package is in the system.

In my experience those estimated ship dates are usually very accurate, and I sometimes get the package a day earlier than the estimated date. Maybe it's a bit different up in the great white north though?

Maybe ED will tweet that info when/if UPS lists the date.

Actually, few developers have them -- remember that Craig sent his to notaz; if there were 'enough' around for devs, that wouldn't have happened :) I think Mike only has a limited number of full-components with him, and they certainly do have costs, and may even take away from the master part pool .. so theres not a lot of dev stuff floating around. I think notaz and djwillis and fatih have one, and ED and Mike. cpasjuste and pickle have cobbled togetehr units from the various molds I think? Myself, vimacs and others are still on the original PCBs (pcb + BoB, no controls etc). Which is fine, good enough for my needs in developing the libpnd systems etc, but I'm _Seriously_ sick of using a screwdriver whenever I need to simulate a key press :)

jeff

naples39 said:
UPS usually has an estimated ship date once the package is in the system.

In my experience those estimated ship dates are usually very accurate, and I sometimes get the package a day earlier than the estimated date. Maybe it's a bit different up in the great white north though?

Maybe ED will tweet that info when/if UPS lists the date.

Hmmm. After it gets out of China, is there any reasonable risk of items getting held back by customs or for some other reason? Obviously, the delay from that would be likely much less than the delay from the New Year celebrations, but I'm just sort of looking forward to see if there are any other interesting obstacles that could pause the process.

(btw, I reiterate a big thanks and thumbs-up to the Makers for keeping us in the loop regarding the factory)

Yoyobuae said:
Laurencevde said:

82. Continue straight onto HI-83 E/Kamehameha Hwy
ROFL :lol:

EDIT: I wander which copied the name of the other, or maybe was a very rare coincidence but what are the odds of that.
EDIT2: It seems japanese manga copied the name from the hawaiian king. I always thought it was just a combination of japanese words.

I wrote about him alot, I'll post my thesis l8r.

Back