Damn, This Is Gonna Be Close!

Laurencevde said:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=shanghai&daddr=houston,TX&hl=en&geocode=FfSK3AEdlIc9BykzPPWxQHCyNTGhZMMjlBKVAg%3B&mra=ls&sll=34.885931,-168.222656&sspn=100.514091,227.636719&ie=UTF8&ll=34.885931,-166.992187&spn=100.514091,227.636719&z=3

No, They can jet-ski nowadays ☺

Until they hit Japan... then they have to Kayak.

Last edited by a moderator:
chole said:
naples39 said:
UPS usually has an estimated ship date once the package is in the system.

In my experience those estimated ship dates are usually very accurate, and I sometimes get the package a day earlier than the estimated date. Maybe it's a bit different up in the great white north though?

Maybe ED will tweet that info when/if UPS lists the date.

Hmmm. After it gets out of China, is there any reasonable risk of items getting held back by customs or for some other reason? Obviously, the delay from that would be likely much less than the delay from the New Year celebrations, but I'm just sort of looking forward to see if there are any other interesting obstacles that could pause the process.

(btw, I reiterate a big thanks and thumbs-up to the Makers for keeping us in the loop regarding the factory)

Besides all the opiates being smuggled with them? Sure, I have two cases under investigation by the postal inspector now, one involves goods from China stolen inside customs after they arrived.

If MW gets the cases on fri then there should be no problem, if he receives the cases on mon (8th) the factory can start on tue. If they do the promised 1000 per day they will be done on fri (12th). So right now we are looking at 3000 or more cases shipping before the holidays. Because of the time it takes to assemble the final units, those 2 weeks will probably be a minor delay if they send another 1000 cases afterwards.

Awakening said:
If MW gets the cases on fri then there should be no problem, if he receives the cases on mon (8th) the factory can start on tue. If they do the promised 1000 per day they will be done on fri (12th). So right now we are looking at 3000 or more cases shipping before the holidays. Because of the time it takes to assemble the final units, those 2 weeks will probably be a minor delay if they send another 1000 cases afterwards.
So will they actually ship the cases in batches smaller than the 10000?

chole said:
Hmmm. After it gets out of China, is there any reasonable risk of items getting held back by customs or for some other reason? Obviously, the delay from that would be likely much less than the delay from the New Year celebrations, but I'm just sort of looking forward to see if there are any other interesting obstacles that could pause the process.

(btw, I reiterate a big thanks and thumbs-up to the Makers for keeping us in the loop regarding the factory)

There's risks involved, yes. But the OP team have a kind of 'blind faith' attitude when it comes to those kind of things...

Be glad that the team is a bunch of very optimistic people. Pessimists or realists wouldn't have even started this whole undertaking, and even if they did, they'd have quit a long time ago...

It certainly helps that the majority of us have been urging them on all along, rather than those loud and boisterous few who verbally assault them from time to time.

they must ship before 13th or demand pick-up beforehand. if they get it shipped in time, though, there won't be further delays

http://www.ups.com/content/hk/en/resources/ship/imp_exp/operation.html

conso said:
they must ship before 13th or demand pick-up beforehand. if they get it shipped in time, though, there won't be further delays

Looks like it's only a four day holiday if it doesn't.

Feb. 13-16

That really isn't a big deal.

Bigun said:
conso said:

Looks like it's only a four day holiday if it doesn't.

Feb. 13-16

That really isn't a big deal.

That's not 'China': http://www.ups.com/content/cn/en/resources/ship/imp_exp/operation.html

It's even less of an issue than that, 13-15 and they will still make arrangements ahead of time.

The last time Chinese New Year mucked something up, it was a two+ week wait. Saying that Chinese New Year is only a few days is giving this Plastic company too much credit.

Phawx said:
The last time Chinese New Year mucked something up, it was a two+ week wait. Saying that Chinese New Year is only a few days is giving this Plastic company too much credit.

True, UPS Holiday Dates don't apply to the plastic company. But they do apply to UPS and when the test cases will arrive.

*edit*

Hey, I'm GP32 Hardcore now!

Back