Catching up (2012-11-09)

EvilDragon

Administrator
Staff member
In case you wondered why I'm currently not often seen in IRC or posting at the boards here... well, I'm currently heavily working on catching up with things. Sorry in case you've been waiting for replies here.

I've sorted out all of my eMails, which took quite a while.

I'm now down to about 150 eMails left to reply to (compared to 1500 last week), the tickets in my shop are being cleared almost daily, PMs are also down to a few single ones, so next will be to catch up with the tickets from the site here and the remaining emails.

That's one huge pile of work removed.

I've also been working on other Pandora related stuff. Replied to some more questions from GC regarding the TV Out Cable (yep, it's still not forgotten), planning the next Pandoras (we'll get quite a lot of them next week, so we're finally back in stock!).

The new TV Out Cables (with the Japanese Material) have arrived as well, which means I'm now starting to repair the units which need a new LCD Cable as well.

This was just a very quick and brief summary of what happened.

Once I've cleared the remaining workpile of mails and requests, I'll be back here and in IRC more regularly again :)

Glad to read that you are getting caught up on things. You have to keep answering those emails from Santa Klaus, as I'm sure he's one of your biggest customers.

Wow. That's an achievement!

I hope you can keep the communications quick from now on. Responsiveness is a good thing. :)

Wheres' the ticket system ED?

Found it however I'd like a login :)

It's also not mentioned on dragon box either!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wheres' the ticket system ED?

Found it however I'd like a login :)

It's also not mentioned on dragon box either!

Send me a PM that you wanna help with the tickets and I'll give you a login.

DragonBox has it's own ticket system - does the OpenPandora one need to be mentioned there?

Please check your PM (some PR ideas, event based, sort of "timecritical")

Last edited by a moderator:
Why do people write so much Emails to ED? Most of the Pandora stuff can be handled over the shop or the Forum. That's where it is for. Poor ED wastes tons of time with Emails that may be not necessary. I can imagine urgent emergency cases but overall, even an RMA could be handled completly "automated" over an extra form, adresses are well known, Issues with units are written in a small piece of paper that is included in the Pandora sent to ED back, etc...

There are lots of people who love email religiously and refuse to even try using any other form of communication.

That's just a fact of life.

Good to hear that you catched up with mails. The ticket system was overdue for a long time.

Keep getting closer to the zero-mail-line. ;)

Cheers from Aotearoa

What about the silver cases? When will be ready. My unit should arrive at your place by tomorrow for an upgrade, the silver case is now the only part that is not in stock.

Thanks for the work.

OK.

Since last topic is forced to be closed (because of insults and lacking of... nerves), I have to type it HERE.

First, bad things:

1. I feel milked. This is same feeling we share as a "community of pre-ordered". We always got brand new ways to be milked, or to wait...

I'm sorry, just respect it. I had to pay more, and wait more, and is expected to pay more, no meter is it LCD cable, pre-order, extra order, Pandora 2, quick delivery...

THIS IS THE FACT.

2. Craig & ED sounds like a bad cop & good cop. Now we milked one way, there is another... Sorry, it just do.

e.g. if ED pretends to be an angel, in this constellation things will look worse, not better. So please, do not (exaggerate).

3. Many of us thinks it's way too much to pay double amount for ... getting almost the same. Please, don't be petty - it is just like it is. RESPECT 4 years (soon to be) of thinking about. This is not exactly, this is probably the worst case to look at it, but it is imo RIGHT way to look at it.

Making things looks nicer just make things worse.

4. You guys sells THOUSANDS of Pandora until now, don't you think it is now the time to open your cards and say - publicly - we have * HUNDREDS (exact number, please!) to clean. And give public preorder numbers! No more bulls, anbody can handle <1000 orders. What ever devastating numbers are, EVERYTHING is better then FUD!

Yes in deed, you made Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt to your own project! Please, reverse that buy FACTS, only facts. No mumbling anymore. Clean numbers, every week.

5. You HAVE to clean this mess to be able to start Pandora 2, Super Pandora, iCP99, new kickstarter projects, whatever.

If you are not fraud, don't expect to people get ready to invest MORE with those tails.

You are too young (both, and all of you involved) to hold that pressure entire life.

This is all stuff we all knows, but I pulled out priorities.

Good stuff, or workaround on same points above:

1. Many of us will still donate / participate (again) if we see end of the hole, to get things over. Do not ask money before of this (numbers, dates as I said at #4).

No feel milky but proud... this is what I want.

2. You are now siamese twins (Open Pandora LTD & OpenPandora GmbH), like it or not. I know there are many more ppl involved, but most of responsibility lays on you guys.

Decision makers are, obviously Craig & ED. Do not separate each other, do not make good cop & bad cop situation: it is bad equally for both of you in every case.

At least until you fulfil your obligations to preorders. I mean, I could believe that ED is a littbit more responsible, or lesser lazy :) ... but this makes whole project just uglier.

I mean, if ED works 400 hours/day on Pandora project, it will NOT help, it will just make things worse. If Craig's sinking, Ed is sinking too. No way to escape.

But this is not going to happen.

DO have common, agreed public statements, regularly (e.g. based weekly). Please.

Mistakes are common, winnings too (responsibility is other story, but it should be internal as much as possible).

3. I know very well problem of pricing etc. It will not works this way, just like that... but if you manage other circumstances (#1, #2, #4), it will!

It is not the only way of funding project (-> price targeting), and most of exact numbers depends of ...some hard predictable circumstances.

Public image and good will of (possible new) participants are crucial for this project.

DO NOT SHY, YOU SELLS THOUSANDS OF PANDORAS! Find a way to mobilize those users, let them guarantee for your product!

a) - price could be whatever, if people really will sponsor this project. Pandora COULD be 800€ for 600mhz machine, if people support idea. But no bulls.

B) - if you got great sponsorship (e.g. promo "kickstarter" which includes cutting pre-order "tails"), you can do with accounted loss - e. g. Christmas bargain.

But of course, NO 2 MONTHS MORE. Delivery must be immediately. It is funny I have to tell this, after all this years and in ("bad") circumstances like now.

This credit is lost, no more hurricanes, volcanoes etc.

4. I do not want to repeat myself, everything is clear. Few hundreds, even 1500 preorders left... is nothing! Nothing against ENOURMOUS job you already done.

You know your product in details more then almost any producer! It is gold, nobody could take it from you! Write a book, make a movie, share knowledge!

But GIVE US FACTS, EXACT NUMBERS LEFT TO FULFIL YOUR MISSION. Make it public, nobody wants to help you if don't know how really deep is rabbit hole!

Whole world is in recession, do not hide, make things straight!

5. CLEAN THOSE PRE-ORDERS ANYHOW, MAKE CASE CLOSED! Any other project (to "fund" this one) should be SEPARATED from this, and until other legal identity before this case is closed!

You can't sit on 2 chairs same time, and people want give you enough confidence for other project until you finish this one.

And, for the end:

right now I do not want to give you any penny before I found HOW MANY OF US REMAINS AT PREORDERS, AND GOT PUBLIC NUMBER OF QUEUE...

In fact, I want to pay you half (for "upgrade") and then other half when got a product in hands, how about that? ;-)

4 more years! (bad joke exclusively for Craig Romney & Michael Obama)

What is your point? All I see is a mess of tl;dr.. and CAPS.

I think it's a pretty good post. I think it's generally positive too. Then again I made the effort of reading it and not be snobbish about somebody not being perfect in English.

Maybe you should lock this one too? Seems to be the new hip thing to do instead of having a private word with the one person being emotional and giving him a 24 hour cool down ban or so.

1. I feel milked. This is same feeling we share as a "community of pre-ordered". We always got brand new ways to be milked, or to wait...

I'm sorry, just respect it. I had to pay more, and wait more, and is expected to pay more, no meter is it LCD cable, pre-order, extra order, Pandora 2, quick delivery...

THIS IS THE FACT.

While I can sympathize with some of your other points, I have to strongly disagree with this one. Nobody is getting milked, nobody has put a gun to your head and told you to keep buying every single upgrade. If the whole thing gets too expensive for you, you should do the only right thing: give up, cancel your order and demand a refund. Pay or don't, it's your choice.

Back