... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

Hey folks. I have been lurking for a long time but wanted to share an update. I pre-ordered back in October 2009. I did upgrade to the new queue. Mine was purchased through Craig and my new queue slot was 110. I have just received an email that mine will be shipping next week. So the orders are slowly shipping out. Hope this helps.

Good to hear us 1Ghzers are helping send out some orders.

Hey folks. I have been lurking for a long time but wanted to share an update. I pre-ordered back in October 2009. I did upgrade to the new queue. Mine was purchased through Craig and my new queue slot was 110. I have just received an email that mine will be shipping next week. So the orders are slowly shipping out. Hope this helps.

Good to hear us 1Ghzers are helping send out some orders.

Not sure if helping is the right word. ;)

I did pay for the additional upgrade myself ($330 + $111) which I thought was suppose to help other original pre-orders ($330).

Maybe I'm just too stupid, but HOW do you find out which "place in the row" you have?

I just have an email which tells me my pandora will be shipped "soon" (that was on 13.4.)

I can't find any ordering numbre or something alike

OK I just orderes in march this year. I'm not unpatient. It would be jjust nice to know "where" stand...

Last edited by a moderator:
4. Where in the world is...

... no, not Carmen Santiego... but we're looking for someone else.

We all know: It's simply not possible that NOTHING goes wrong within Pandora-Land... so yeah, here is something new.

When buying bigger parts in large quantities (like LCDs and AC adaptors), you either have to handle the custom declaration yourself when you want to pick them up at the airport or get an agent who will do that for you.

Agents are not that expensive - and unlike me, they know what they're doing (and doing custom declaration wrong REALLY can cause issues).

So I hired the company SoundMoves at Munich Airport to do that for me.

Sent them the import tax fee right away (5000 EUR), picked up the custom documents and the goods, and everything was fine.

This was in March.

One week ago, I got an invoice from the customs about these 5000 EUR. Apparently, they hadn't been paid by SoundMoves... and SoundMoves are not able to pay them, so I have to pay them again.

WTH? SoundMoves    bankrupt? It's a big worldwide operating company... handling transport for musicians like Madonna and U2...

Weird.

As I wasn't able to contact anyone in the Munich office, I emailed the main office in London.

And things got even weirder then.

They told me the company in Munich is a totally different company founded by the same CEO. He simply used the good name of the company to open up a new one... he even used their website for this company... even though the London office tried to tell him to use a different name.

Whew, what a bloke. But it gets even better.

The London office told me he also owes them quite a bit of money.

AND they don't even know where he is - they asked me to tell them his whereabouts in case I get hold of him.

They only know that he sometimes visits the office when no one is there to grab the mail and he most probably is somewhere in Italy... geeez.

Now most of you probably know that it's nigh impossible to get money back from a company that has filed for bankruptcy.

However, the case is a bit different here: They never had the right to use the 5000 EUR from me for themselves. It was not THEIR money, it was money they got simply to forward it to customs.

So this is fraud - which means: the CEO is personally liable for that.

My lawyer is already working on it and I'll pay a visit to the police tomorrow to report him.

Then they'll start a search for him...

In Pandora-Land, there's always something weird happening.

I'm pretty positive we'll get the money back from him soon, so this is mostly simply annoying and eating up some more of my precious time.
Was he caught by now and do you got the money back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back