Cases cleared for further transport (2010-10-04)

So Craigix posts that their transport van has burst into flames.

http://bit.ly/amFiqx

In his own familiarly ambiguous style, he neglects to mention the state the cases were in. (in the van? not affected? etc...)
Oh, my! It seems like the van burst into flames before collecting the cases. Probably the gas tank exploded. Wait, is this for real? I don't know what to believe anymore! :unsure:

So Craigix posts that their transport van has burst into flames.

http://bit.ly/amFiqx

In his own familiarly ambiguous style, he neglects to mention the state the cases were in. (in the van? not affected? etc...)

Since the cases aren't ready to be picked up before tomorrow, they should not be affected.

Meh, after the volcano, nothing surprises me anymore :)

Exploding van? Pah!

Meh, after the volcano, nothing surprises me anymore :)

Exploding van? Pah!

And while it's annoying, I doubt it will cause any delays (as we don't need cases that urgent right now... except for putting LCD cables and LCDs in ;) )

pics or it didnt happen, as i seriously cant believe OPTs luck

This is a sure sign that their luck is changing, before it wouldn't've* blown unless it was taking the cases with it.

*spelling nazis: is this correct?

This is great news, as the saying goes "slowly slowly chatchie monkey".

Does anyone know the ETA of cases for rest of batch 1? (2 months?). Obviously assembly still needs screens, nubs and boards too but the cases appear to have been the biggest hurdle.

This is a sure sign that their luck is changing, before it wouldn't've* blown unless it was taking the cases with it.

Depends how you define "spelled correctly".

It's an unofficial contraction, so it's unlikely to be in any dictionaries.

However it agrees with the rules for apostrophes, so you're fine.

</linguistics nerd>

Depends how you define "spelled correctly".

It's an unofficial contraction, so it's unlikely to be in any dictionaries.

However it agrees with the rules for apostrophes, so you're fine.

</linguistics nerd>
I though contractions was only allowed when you can actually say them. I can't make my mind on how you would say this. But english isn't my native language and I'm known on the other board to suck in this language, my bad :D

Need to drop the asterisk. :p I don't think it is good practice to abbreviate so in written language. Well I wouldn't've done so.

I wouldn't've expected something like an exploding van to extend our Two Months™. Wouldn't've will be a new meme around here, I can feel it.

I wouldn't've expected something like an exploding van to extend our Two Months™. Wouldn't've will be a new meme around here, I can feel it.

I wouldn't've pointed it out. By not pointing it out, it wouldn't've been at risk to become a prematurely spoiled meme.

BTW: WTF?

(Newb here!)

Sounds like there's a lot of hurdles for the Pandora to clear.

I ordered mine from Batch 2 earlier this year, and from the sounds of things, the initial estimate of me having mine by Christmas doesn't seem accurate anymore.

But that's okay. Pandora devs, I have faith in you and salute your efforts! Keep at it!

Since everything has gone wrong, the next route will be my water.

shipment_of_fail.jpg

If the van that picks up the shipments has no affect on delivery time then why post about it. Most of us are already onn edge, no need to push us over.

Jason

Last edited by a moderator:
This is great news, as the saying goes "slowly slowly chatchie monkey".

Does anyone know the ETA of cases for rest of batch 1? (2 months?). Obviously assembly still needs screens, nubs and boards too but the cases appear to have been the biggest hurdle.
Without meaning to be rude, that's 'catch ye monkey.'

I'm completely unsurprized about that happening, anyway. We've had people and companies holding us up, Acts of God were just bound to follow.

Back