Cases cleared for further transport (2010-10-04)

ED, doesn't waiting for the cables to after all batch 1 is sent =

1. Extra costs because they will be shipped separately

2. Extra effort (packaging, labeling etc..)

3. A little bit disappointment from ppl who would love to have their cables asap? (personally I'd love to have mine asap, but I can wait as long as it needs, this is the least I can do to relief some of the stress off your backs)

just my $0.02, I trust you know what you are doing...

Yes, this has been resolved.

We have so many other things to do right now to make sure Batch 1 is being finished and to improve everything for Batch 2, we are just a few people, we can't take care about everything at once.

We're reaching our limit with work, we need to set priorities right now unless you want a few totally burnt out Pandora guys here not able to do anything anymore.

Well, no. I don't want a few burnt out guys here. But I guess I just don't see how it takes much time at all. The issue has been resolved, they've got all the specs/details (they have, after all, already made samples), all they're waiting for it the green light. A quick email, and they can get started. If you have time, you can ask for status updates on it along with the info for the rest of the cases.

The worst-case scenario is that they haven't done anything on them by the time Batch 1 (2?) is finished, at which point you go "Come on guys, you've been saying they're coming for <unknown> months, we want them already", and nothing is different from not giving the green light. Of course, the best-case is that they're done and ready to ship substantially sooner. Upfront cost of an email or two, maybe a phone call. What am I missing?

I realize it's hard to juggle so much, but that is the name of the game in production. If you can't juggle many, you won't be able to coordinate the parts, cases, boards, keymats, batteries, carry-cases, etc. so that they all arrive at the same time.

I think most people just want their pandora and are happy to wait a while for the cable, I know I am.

ED, doesn't waiting for the cables to after all batch 1 is sent =

1. Extra costs because they will be shipped separately

2. Extra effort (packaging, labeling etc..)

3. A little bit disappointment from ppl who would love to have their cables asap? (personally I'd love to have mine asap, but I can wait as long as it needs, this is the least I can do to relief some of the stress off your backs)

just my $0.02, I trust you know what you are doing...
I agree with you there. Shipping a Pandora in multiple parts is a bad idea. Extra costs can and most certainly will rack up, costs that could have been avoided completely. This is basically wasting the money earned on Pandora sales and will NOT help matters at all - the OP team can't really afford to frivolously throw money out the window just because a user wants their Pandora a little sooner. For a small company, avoiding expenses like this can be the difference between continued operation and shriveling up into nothing.

I understand a lot of Pandora users have been waiting a long time, and that I still don't truly understand yet since I've only been waiting since July, but honestly, we have to think of the bigger picture. This isn't a one-time shot - the OP team still needs ongoing funding to continue the development and production for batches yet to come. We all need to be patient, find other things to do, and offer our help where we can.

#14 is back and the new case that I didn't ask for is pretty freaking amazing! Thank you Repair Shoppe/Village Hall Peoples Open Pandora Team! China got this round nicely!

That is all.

Peace & Pandora,

Link

Back